QP VS THE WASPS

Wasps1

12 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Tears from me aswell, tears of excitement as he hasnt scored any competitive goals for us as of yet, has had performances that have merited a goal though, dont know much about qp so expecting a tough game.

Where is the best place to park if i was driving to the game??

12 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I'd imagine plenty space in the car park in front of the south stand

Yep. Plenty space in the car park.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoggan or Scullion Imo not good enough for first team regular football 

That's why Goody has been there the last few weeks 

We need a good strong CH asap 

Gordon or Mckenna 

I would have taken Gunning but think he is away to Morton

1 hour ago, falkirkwasp said:

Doubt they will play hoggan at centre half as he is a holding midfielder and we already have that position more than covered.

Hoggan can do both. He played centre half regularly in Development League. But he definitely wont start CB on Saturday.

42 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

Gordon or Mckenna 

Goody can do it all 8)

But it's not first team regular football is it? It's a few games for a few weeks. I don't see a major problem in Scullion playing for a few weeks. Not against Celtic but against Queens is ok... Don't get me wrong - I know he's pretty poor.

Goodwin will start CB Saturday IMO.

Gordon or Mckenna 

Mckenna is on aberdeens bench every week, cant see him going out on loan.

Yeah i know he did but, he seems to always play sitting midfielder now.

Marr or Heatherington didn't train this week so both struggling 

Parry 

Taggart   Goodwin  Graham  Waters 

Kirkpatrick  Holmes Robbo Crawley 

Spence  Longworth

1 hour ago, Wasps1 said:

Parry 

Spence  Longworth

That's an extremely slow spine of a starting line-up. I suppose Goodwin can just slow a few of their players down by 'certain means' though ;-)

1 hour ago, Wasps1 said:

Parry

Spence  Longworth

Surely if Flannigan is fit he must play, the wide spaces at Hampden should suit his game you would think.

Tough call on who to leave out, i would bench either Holmes or Cawley from above team but i suspect if Flanny is fit then Longworth will miss out which would be unfortunate as would like to see him get a run in the team and a chance to further develop an understanding with Spence.

Holmes will stay in the squad if Goody is played Centre Back I think. I know he hasn't done much wrong but someone would have to make way for Flannigan & and I'm a big fan of Jon Robertson in that position.

Yeah I think Stevie is but even before that didn't get much of a look in.

15 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Sorry but i have to argue with this one, kirky has been mine but only because he is my hero emoji38.pngemoji38.png

Be nice if we could start with longworth up top but i dunno if he will start.

There's not much in it for me, and Kirkpatrick has been absolutely outstanding. He's had a couple of games where he's maybe not been quite at his best though (by his own standards)- Flannigan has turned it on every game. Thats the only difference. Flannigan was a huge miss last week vs Livingston. Callum Waters has also been brilliant- top 3 performers so far this season.

8 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Holmes will stay in the squad if Goody is played Centre Back I think. I know he hasn't done much wrong but someone would have to make way for Flannigan & and I'm a big fan of Jon Robertson in that position.

Yeah I think Stevie is but even before that didn't get much of a look in.

Not like for like. If Jason Marr not available, and Flannigan is- the team picks itself really. Holmes and Robertson will both play I would think.

Anyway- tough game ahead against QP but some good pre match pubs.

50 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Hetherington signed for cover i'd say because of the fact he is quite versatile.

Yeah very true, flannigan was my hero before the only problem is he is very injury prone, probably the reason we have kept a hold of him.

Hetherington had a good run in the team end of last season. His opportunities have been reduced somewhat because the role he played (wide left mid) has been less of a requirement with Waters so strong pushing forward and our increased attacking options. Plenty can happen in a season though so his time may come.

Flannigan has obviously had injury problems, but his ability never in question.

Hetherington had a good run in the team end of last season. His opportunities have been reduced somewhat because the role he played (wide left mid) has been less of a requirement with Waters so strong pushing forward and our increased attacking options. Plenty can happen in a season though so his time may come.

Flannigan has obviously had injury problems, but his ability never in question.

Yeah i hope he gets a chance because he has been a good player for the club but as you rightly say he has had limited opportunities because of how well we have been playing.

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Anyway- tough game ahead against QP but some good pre match pubs.

If you're interested, our social club is in our HQ at the top of Letherby Drive ( other side of Lesser from where the old one was) Entrance is round the back.  If you’re looking for a local pub with a decent selection of real ales then I recommend the Clockwork on Cathcart Rd. ...but you probably know all this

Can we also bounce back from defeat last week? Very disappointing result and 2nd half performance considering how well we have played previously. However recent home form has been great, look really solid and restricted Livingston and Morton to very little goalscoring opportunities.

Would be weird seeing Jamie play against us. Don’t think it’s happened since he left. One of the best goalscorers I’ve ever seen in a Queen’s jersey. He was treated pretty shabbily by Speirs in his last season with us, can only imagine the damage he would have done for us under Gus the last 2 years

Is Kirkpatrick the guy that was on loan to Clyde last season? Good player but went missing in the play off final ( as did most of the Clyde team tbf)    

1 minute ago, Mick1867 said:

If you're interested, our social club is in our HQ at the top of Letherby Drive ( other side of Lesser from where the old one was) Entrance is round the back.  If you’re looking for a local pub with a decent selection of real ales then I recommend the Clockwork on Cathcart Rd. ...but you probably know all this

Can we also bounce back from defeat last week? Very disappointing result and 2nd half performance considering how well we have played previously. However recent home form has been great, look really solid and restricted Livingston and Morton to very little goalscoring opportunities.

Would be weird seeing Jamie play against us. Don’t think it’s happened since he left. One of the best goalscorers I’ve ever seen in a Queen’s jersey. He was treated pretty shabbily by Speirs in his last season with us, can only imagine the damage he would have done for us under Gus the last 2 years

Is Kirkpatrick the guy that was on loan to Clyde last season? Good player but went missing in the play off final ( as did most of the Clyde team tbf)    

Been a few times, but admittedly only with QP fans before Scotland games when its ticket only. Preferred your last social club in the portacabin, which was brilliant (and not built using blood money ;)). But cheers, wasnt sure if we'd get in without a QP fan to verify.

Same Kirkpatrick.

Archived