Livi v Brechin

Second league game running we're playing the team sitting top of the league, Brechin are also undefeated in the league going into this game so lets give them their first defeat too.

I liked our attacking set up with 3 at the back and Cadden & Mullin running the wings, not sure Hopkin will stick with that if Longridge is back fit though, or how attack minded Brechin are either. Hopefully they'll come at us and have a go as we tend to play better against those kind of teams.

Mon the team in black.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly an interesting game to look forward to, Brechin have came under the radar and now sit top on merit, undefeated so this will be a tough game.

If Longridge is fit I'd be very surprised if we don't go back to a 4, with Halkett in the centre and Crighton playing RB, some of his deliveries into the box have been top notch.

Looking forward to this game, will be interesting to see where both teams are, hopefully a decent crowd for this one.

11 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Certainly an interesting game to look forward to, Brechin have came under the radar and now sit top on merit, undefeated so this will be a tough game.

If Longridge is fit I'd be very surprised if we don't go back to a 4, with Halkett in the centre and Crighton playing RB, some of his deliveries into the box have been top notch.

Looking forward to this game, will be interesting to see where both teams are, hopefully a decent crowd for this one.

That'll maybe be a lesson for people to stop listening to bumped up media "experts" who just assume who the big teams are in each league and write everyone else off.  

I will not be at this game,infact I will never set foot into Almondvale for any game ever again.

Saying that I would gratefully take a boring 0-0 draw!!!

Please save the rage for after we've pumped you. Thank you.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Seriously, what is wrong ? none of the posts have been disrespectful to Brechin City in the slightest infact they have been quite respectful. 

Edit:- Fixed the mistake for you, please don't arrest me Grammar police.

Are we no allowed a bit of banter ?  Jeez I thought the Smokies were touchy . They have nothing on you guys. 8)

Sarcasm and irony aside, I think (well,  hope)  it will be quite a close game .....As long as our defence stay focussed.  An early goal for either side might just put the jitters up and force a few mistakes.

Not going to make it but I will be keeping tabs on the day. 

Best defence meets best attack, 

we are also quite handy up top this year so fancys us to score most weeks

think livi will control the game in the midfield but we have been handling this recently

we need a massive performance from the midfield to have a chance of winning this game

We have too much quality to lose this, we showed Alloa just how good we are when all the talk was about them. Brechin has gone under the radar but PT v FT (I'm sure they're PT) really is a big jump. Bucks and Mullen will absolutely tear them apart, we had the best attack in the league and arguably when we play people in the correct positions best defence.

Longridge is a class act at the back, Halkett at CB has shown time and time again how much of a mistake it was for Rangers to let go of him, Lithgow has looked solid at the back too as has Crighton but prefer Halkett and Lithgow together. If we secured a solid RB then we would rarely concede as that's been our weak spot for seasons now.

Livi never were going to win 100% of their games and the QP slip up was going to happen however one thing is certain, no team in this league has the quality to take a game to us and try outscore us and win. We may struggle once they realise this

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We have too much quality to lose this, we showed Alloa just how good we are when all the talk was about them. Brechin has gone under the radar but PT v FT (I'm sure they're PT) really is a big jump. Bucks and Mullen will absolutely tear them apart, we had the best attack in the league and arguably when we play people in the correct positions best defence.

Longridge is a class act at the back, Halkett at CB has shown time and time again how much of a mistake it was for Rangers to let go of him, Lithgow has looked solid at the back too as has Crighton but prefer Halkett and Lithgow together. If we secured a solid RB then we would rarely concede as that's been our weak spot for seasons now.

Livi never were going to win 100% of their games and the QP slip up was going to happen however one thing is certain, no team in this league has the quality to take a game to us and try outscore us and win. We may struggle once they realise this

I think the last time we played at Almondvale we got a right doing for the reasons you mention.  On our day this season  , our defence has been our strong point.(We also have one of the best keepers in this division).  I just hope Saturday is one of those days. We are fooling no one . We are part time, but the momentum in the team just now is such that the idea of getting beat just isn't there. We have battlers in midfield who are quite vocal in lifting spirits when the going is tough. The overall fitness and stamina shown so far indicates part time doesn't really come into it as last Saturday showed. 

We will most likely be under a bit of pressure from the start but the longer the game goes without conceding, the more we will come into things. Dismiss our forwards at your peril. 

Bring on Saturday.  

Archived