How do I find Yarrow Park in Selkirk?

GoodyWoody

Wanting to come down to Selkirk on Saturday but despite extensive internet research, I am not confident I will find the ground. Have established the postcode is TD7 5AZ. Probably getting the bus from Galashiels. Get off near Philiphaugh School? Is it walkable from the town centre? Directions please and the crowd will be increased by 1.

I was surprised to see there is a bus that goes to Philiphaugh Primary School, the 73 from Gala to Selkirk.

Selkirk RFC is on the opposite side of the road from the primary school, and you can't miss it: turnstiles, floodlights, big grandstand. Football ground is beyond the rugby ground - with the cricket ground in between.

564726_e155cdab.jpg

Most buses just go through Selkirk on the A7. For these you'd alight in the market place - bus turning circle, big statue of Sir Walter Scott, Courthouse Museum - then walk west. Downhill >>>>.

stream_img.jpg

Map here. Arrow = Yarrow Park; pan right for town centre.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=345755&y=628426&z=115&sv=345755,628426&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=524&ax=345755&ay=628426&lm=0

Archived