Lochee United - Thomson Park

The Mantis

They beat hurlford in Scottish but got knocked out in next round by Musselburgh after being 2 up. I don't think they are in free fall considering they came up by the play offs last season. Good season would to consolidate in super league imo ?? Paul Blackwood is out on loan to lochee harp and still scoring goals. I would've kept him as he is some scorer but I don't know if he asked to get away for game time?

They're are out all cup competition before Christmas and it's looking likely a relegation battle is looming, big money getting thrown about at the start of the season looks to be wasted, I think it's just a pity Leahy wasn't given a fraction of that.

On 19 September 2016 at 15:19, Burnie_man said:

As ever a good read.

Here's a question in these days of SFA Licencing, which will inevitably come in some form to at least the clubs at the top end of the Junior game one day, how would Thomson Park fare?

I've only been once, for the Bathgate Thistle Scottish Cup tie, and it looks as though it would need a fair bit of work to bring it upto standard.  Could the hill be described as a health & safety issue, on a damp day it can get a wee bit slippy!

Talbot were there a two or three seasons back, it is for me like a lot of Junior grounds, charming in a rustic sort of way but in bad need of some investment. It would take a lot of money and hard work to get this ground anywhere near licence standard. Anyway, it's not the ground that gets licenced as we keep being reminded! 

So being out of all cup competition before Christmas, is acceptable, the previous manager would have been chased for this?

Steve leahy left for a coaching role at Dundee United. Lochee are really good with giving managers or coaches time in the job? Most fans would be happy staying in super league this season then push on after beating hurlford in Scottish it was disappointing getting knocked out after being 2 up versus Musselburgh but they are a decent team. Would've loved a run in Scottish but it's a hard trophy to compete in. I think shields is doing a decent job

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:03, The Mantis said:

Just my latest blog from Bonnyrigg's visit to Lochee. A fine wee ground.

I was there around end of March this year and wasn't impressed. The small stand behind the goals was heavily scaffolded which appeared to be for the purposes of holding it up rather than work in progress. Assuming the pictures in the article match are from September 2016 the ground looks to have been transformed - congratulations on the good work.

Not interested in the EOS or the GA?

Of course but you can't win a trophy every season. Lochee won ga cup lots of times and eos few years ago. I think the club does well to even survive I'm not arguing with you just don't know what people expect from lochee united. A fine club!!

I watch many local junior clubs and was excited for Lochee this season after some of the new signings but have to say they were better to watch last season, best local team this season by far are Broughty.

Broughty 4 points ahead of Lochee who have a game in hand. I like to see all the local clubs do well

Archived