Lochee United - Thomson Park

The Mantis

As a neutral I found the place extremely charming

It most definitely was not a shithole what would make you say that? The only building is the stand behind the goal which is in relatively decent Nick considering its purpose, the land around the pitch is absolutely bizarre. Find it really smart how the big hill looks like some sort of natural stand, great view. Also when the ball goes out at that side it's like a game of fives, bounces back in. :lol:

Pitch is fine too, there's a big slope in the far corner but it didn't affect the game I seen.

Ground was charming IMO. Lochee my local junior team now. ;)

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:03, The Mantis said:

Just my latest blog from Bonnyrigg's visit to Lochee. A fine wee ground.

Moving the Goalposts.

As ever a good read.

Here's a question in these days of SFA Licencing, which will inevitably come in some form to at least the clubs at the top end of the Junior game one day, how would Thomson Park fare?

I've only been once, for the Bathgate Thistle Scottish Cup tie, and it looks as though it would need a fair bit of work to bring it upto standard.  Could the hill be described as a health & safety issue, on a damp day it can get a wee bit slippy!

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As ever a good read.

Here's a question in these days of SFA Licencing, which will inevitably come in some form to at least the clubs at the top end of the Junior game one day, how would Thomson Park fare?

I've only been once, for the Bathgate Thistle Scottish Cup tie, and it looks as though it would need a fair bit of work to bring it upto standard.  Could the hill be described as a health & safety issue, on a damp day it can get a wee bit slippy!

Comparing it to WW which was assessed by Midlothian Council for a capacity of 2400 or thereabouts. If you know our wee bit terracing, that's allowed 700 and the stand would be similar but we put seats in which cuts it to about 130.

Lochee's terrace behind the goals would get a generous allocation but banking is not rated highly at all so the steepness is immaterial. They just allow for 2 deep all the way round the park I think.

As I said in an earlier post I quite enjoy the trip to Lochee and as long as the park is playable that does me,a bit shelter fae the rain helps as well,it's junior fitba ffs and folk shouldny get Billy big baws about other folks parks being this or that and if they don't like the facilities then just don't go,just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Archived