Killie vs Thistle 17th September

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

You saw the goal, right?

Yes, but I don't think spending the next 10 minutes as a seething mess screaming 'You're a fat, lazy, ginger, p***k Gordon' would help matters. Call me a happy clapper if you wish.

1 minute ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Whits to hope. We're getting better. By the looks of it your worse than last year. Your lot would've won that game 3-0 last year.

Definitely more spirit in the Killie ranks.  The forward who scored the second looks good.

Hard to forecast where you guys will end up, as I assume your fans are just getting up to speed with the new personnel yourself.

46 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Well since it's September and the season is already underway any wins, draws, or indeed losses, would all be in the Scottish Premiership, the league we started the season in. I hope this helps.

Hoping for the revival again? ;)

3 hours ago, K77 said:

Would have taken that result if offered before the game.

Thought the pitch looked very dry, previously Killie tended to have it pretty much saturated, they have also greatly reduced the width and length. I reckon it will help Killie shitfest their way to a fairly comfortable 9th place.

Thought some of the Thistle support were very quick to start laying into the players after we went a goal down. Gordon and Lindsay in particular were getting hefty abuse.

Wasn't there today but last 2, maybe 3 games at killie it's pished from the heavens, which I'm guessing it didn't today. 

Did see the goals on SSN. More comic cuts stuff at Killies first and a floaty cross headed in by a wee guy from inside the 6 yard box. 

We made a decent number of chances despite the shite hoofball. Worst is, we look like we could play a bit if we got the balldown. Is this manager's instructions or are the players choosing to hoof it themselves?

Patrick played better football than us but made less chances. The guy with the ponytail started off most of your good moves and I think we should have closed him down quicker. 

Defensive errors on 3 of the 4 goals with only Coulibaly's not being caused by some idiocy. 

Good entertainment but not much quality on show. 

We made a decent number of chances despite the shite hoofball. Worst is, we look like we could play a bit if we got the balldown. Is this manager's instructions or are the players choosing to hoof it themselves?

I don't think I've seen a team play so much hoofball since we've been back in the Premier tbh. It was reasonably effective, but you'd have maybe had more luck just getting the ball out to Coulibaly at every opportunity. I thought he was impressive and will probably get into double figures this season.

1 hour ago, The Arch said:

I don't think I've seen a team play so much hoofball since we've been back in the Premier tbh. It was reasonably effective, but you'd have maybe had more luck just getting the ball out to Coulibaly at every opportunity. I thought he was impressive and will probably get into double figures this season.

I'd totally agree.. Jones and coulibaly are not being utilized as much as they should. Two players who I think would make it into most bottom 6 teams, yet one of them can't even get in our team. If we played both, got the ball down and let them do their stuff, we'd be a much better team. 

Coulibaly is already on 6 for the season. I'd expect 15-20. Added to Boyd getting double figures that should keep us up, unless the defensive side is totally diabolical. 

I'd like to call us efficient but effective is more appropriate this year .

In previous seasons we would have  lost that game and the heads would have went down LC has at least instilled a never say die attitude which just may keep us up . That's why he got rid of certain players that some fans disagreed with.

Jones not playing is a bit odd, but we seem to have a bit more steel now, and the hoffball, while unattractive seemed effective. Seems LC has found a half decent right back from the 100s he has. All in all, compared to last season where we were fragile we don't seem to be getting hammered by fellow diddy teams, this season has been slowly getting better.

It does seem that no one team is getting stranded, so it will be interesting/stressful.

Archived