Killie vs Thistle 17th September

The opening day win vs ICT and the reasonably comfortable progress through the LC group stage that preceded it already seems a long time ago, albeit we’ve been on the end of a pretty tough league schedule. Saturday’s performance was still diabolical though and a similar performance coupled with a defeat here might start setting a few panic alarms going.

On the plus side, we went to Killie last time on the back of a dreadful performance resulting in a shafting off ICT and with Scully in goals and managed to win, so a repeat of that would be nice, though some players will need to turn up for the first time this season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us the opposite is true, we are gradually starting to see an improvement in performances.

The positive for me this season has been the teams character as we don't let the heads drop as easily as the two previous campaigns. Still got no idea where we will finish the season right enough.

I don't have a list of head-to-head results to confirm, and thus could be talking utter shite, but since we've come back up its felt like Killie have gotten the better of us in the early league meetings between the sides, before we start to win the later fixtures. Or to put it in more general terms, we start seasons badly and get better, whilst Killie start alright and get worse.

Pretty big game for us really, after 4 defeats on the bounce, and I have no faith in us to get anything here either after Saturday's shit-show.

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't have a list of head-to-head results to confirm, and thus could be talking utter shite, but since we've come back up its felt like Killie have gotten the better of us in the early league meetings between the sides, before we start to win the later fixtures. Or to put it in more general terms, we start seasons badly and get better, whilst Killie start alright and get worse.

It does seem that way, but they royally humped us in our last home game of the 2014/15 season.

If I remember correctly Thistle were in holiday mode in that game.

No idea how this one will play out.  Fairly happy with the recent progress we have been making.

I see we have made another signing today, Nathan Tyson.  No idea who he is, I'm assuming he's a right back.

If I remember correctly Thistle were in holiday mode in that game.

No idea how this one will play out.  Fairly happy with the recent progress we have been making.

I see we have made another signing today, Nathan Tyson.  No idea who he is, I'm assuming he's a right back.

Seem to remember that name at Derby County, sure enough according to Wikipedia. 34 year old forward, with no experience....*as yet*....of playing at right back.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Pretty big game for us really, after 4 defeats on the bounce, and I have no faith in us to get anything here either after Saturday's shit-show.

A 3-0 defeat at Rugby Park two seasons ago springs to mind.

Coulibaly to score direct from a goal kick, (which he also takes). We're due a result at home against Partick - 2-0 Killie.

21 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess at LC's team for this one? The randomness baffles me sometimes and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes and possibly Tyson Fury being thrown in for Boyd. 

He does like a squad rotation. Jordan Jones was MOTM against Hamilton and hasn't started since.  

I've yet to see us win this season - missed all the League Cup matches and the Inverness CT league opener, but went to Aberdeen and home matches vs. Hearts and St. Johnstone.

I'm going on Saturday. :whistle

In terms of team selection: three changes for me. I think Lawless has been poor so far and would replace him with Amoo. I'd also have Edwards starting instead of Azeez, and Barton in for Welsh. It's probably wishful thinking but Cerny being fit enough to start would be amazing.

Cerny

Gordon - Devine - Lindsay - Booth

Osman - Barton

Amoo - Edwards - Erskine

Doolan

Yet to be convinced by Edwards. I tend to file him alongside Div Wilson in the 'What is he?' category.

The only changes I would make to Slackers' selection would be to swap Edwards and Erskine and replace the former with Lawless.

2 hours ago, killienick said:

Coulibaly to score direct from a goal kick, (which he also takes). We're due a result at home against Partick - 2-0 Killie.

He does like a squad rotation. Jordan Jones was MOTM against Hamilton and hasn't started since.  

Jones should definitely be playing against Thistle. 

Archived