Hibs v Ayr

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/09/2016 at 21:43, HeathrowAUFC said:

Heading up Fri afternoon, any recommendations for 3 or 4 decent boozers within walking distance of each other in the city centre for Fri night?

What kind of pubs/bars do you like and where are you staying?

Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Shinnie, Cummings, Holt.

That'd be how I line up. Been very impressed with shinnie so far, hopefully he continues his good form. I'd drop Bartley for this. Don't think we will need him here as we won't need someone to break the play down as much and even then, fyvie and McGinn can both do that. Hoping we get another decent crowd of around 14500-15000 especially with it being hibs kids day. An early goal or 2 to settle the nerves please.

Used to live near there but that was 10 years ago. Would go to Carters myself but Ryries and Haymarket Bar should show the game as well.  Maybe Platform 5 which might be a Spoons but seems quite popular.

In centre if you're looking for traditional/real ale you could try the Abbotsford, Cafe Royal, Guildford Arms.  Not my kind of thing tbh but again, popular.  There's always the George St tour but that's horrific imo.  Grassmarket is always popular, very stag/hen do-ish but I doubt there'll be too many of those in September. 

I don't go into town much anymore tbh there's more than enough variety in EH6 but if I did I'd probably go to Bar Soba, 99 Hanover St, Bramble at a push because they all play the kind of music I listen to, won't be to everyone's tastes though

39 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

We usually sing it when we skelp the **** so why wouldn't we sing it this time?

I hope you're not suggesting what I think you are!

Looking forward to this, I'm partial to Hibs but I'm not sure I'll feel the same at Full Time.

Used to live near there but that was 10 years ago. Would go to Carters myself but Ryries and Haymarket Bar should show the game as well.  Maybe Platform 5 which might be a Spoons but seems quite popular.

In centre if you're looking for traditional/real ale you could try the Abbotsford, Cafe Royal, Guildford Arms.  Not my kind of thing tbh but again, popular.  There's always the George St tour but that's horrific imo.  Grassmarket is always popular, very stag/hen do-ish but I doubt there'll be too many of those in September. 

I don't go into town much anymore tbh there's more than enough variety in EH6 but if I did I'd probably go to Bar Soba, 99 Hanover St, Bramble at a push because they all play the kind of music I listen to, won't be too everyone's tastes though

Thanks fella, looking forward to it.

Not been to Easter Road since 1980 when I was 7. My Uncle Phil was adamant that I had to see George Best in the flesh, but of course the great man had other ideas and was probably lying comatosed with a couple of blondes in a city centre hotel as we kicked off at 3pm.

Archived