Hibs v Ayr

Looking forward to this one. Great to get the first win under our belts yesterday with a lot of players impressing. Meggatt and Balatoni at the back is looking like a solid partnership and with the different options we have up front - Forrest, Nisbet, Thomas, O'Connell and Harkins - we are capable of pulling off a shock. I expect us to play with a bit of freedom as the pressure of getting the first win is off us now and that could work in our favour. Unlikely Moore will be back for this one so I'd go with Nisbet up top and Harkins playing in behind.

Going to be a tough game with us probably seeing little of the ball and being under a lot of pressure but maybe we can surprise a few. Need our big players to step up, Harkins is a real match winner when he turns it on.

Heart says 1-1 however head says Hibs to win by a couple. Mon Ayr!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Should be a good crowd through to the capital

Do you mean of Ayr United fans? Could you bring as many as 500? It’s good to have a reasonable away support and there are plenty of good pubs/restaurants around Easter Road for you to enjoy pre match.

Do you mean of Ayr United fans? Could you bring as many as 500? It’s good to have a reasonable away support and there are plenty of good pubs/restaurants around Easter Road for you to enjoy pre match.

Think between 400 - 500 after our first win yesterday and the novelty factor of playing first league game in the capital for a while. We are quite a big thing you know [emoji1]

Not sure if McCall will change much in terms of team selection. It's incredibly unlikely Moore will play even if he isn't injured since he won't have match fitness anyway. Think McGuffie deserves a chance to show how good he actually is and is pace could make a difference for us.

Would go

Fleming

Devlin
Balatoni
Meggat
Boyle

Docherty
Adams

Gilly
Harkins
McGuffie

Forrest

Would take a draw right now but I've a feeling that Hibs will sneak a 2-1 with Cummings scoring for them and McGuffie getting one for us.

300 at most I'd say. Cottage crew sold out a bus already though.

Heading up Fri afternoon, any recommendations for 3 or 4 decent boozers within walking distance of each other in the city centre for Fri night?

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Heading up Fri afternoon, any recommendations for 3 or 4 decent boozers within walking distance of each other in the city centre for Fri night?

I actually live in Glasgow. The Cafe Royal opposite Waverley Station on the other side of Princes Street is a good boozer and there are a few pubs nearby. Ot you could go to Broughton Street - top of Leith Walk - Mathers is a great pub and there are plenty more pubs as you walk down Broughton Street. Another alternative is the Grassmarket - off the High Street - plenty good pubs around there, good starter is Three Sisters in Cowgate (bit of a rugby pub).

I actually live in Glasgow. The Cafe Royal opposite Waverley Station on the other side of Princes Street is a good boozer and there are a few pubs nearby. Ot you could go to Broughton Street - top of Leith Walk - Mathers is a great pub and there are plenty more pubs as you walk down Broughton Street. Another alternative is the Grassmarket - off the High Street - plenty good pubs around there, good starter is Three Sisters in Cowgate (bit of a rugby pub).

Thanks fella.

I've got a similar feeling to this as I did before the Morton game. I think it could be another 3/4 to nil. Hopefully if McGeouch is fit enough to start, it will be a frightening midfield. Could be a key weekend with Qos vs Raith and Falkirk vs United, points could be dropped. Think this weekend is also a hibs kids day or whatever so could see it being another decent crowd, potentially 15000

Archived