ICTFC v Champions Celtic.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The OP said:

I hate to piss on anyone's chips but we hit the woodwork 3 times and created numerous chances aside from that. Leaving aside the poor refereeing decision, it was mainly our poor finishing which kept it from being a convincing win.

I did say in the first half.  However, if youre going to talk about missed chances, why are we leaving aside the decision which probably should have left Celtic with 10 men, and a fair chance of being 2-1 down?

Inverness got a draw, so their game plan worked out not too badly.

Fair play to Inverness. Was working today so only managed to catch a few minutes here & there of the game. Cracking goals from King & Sinclair. Def a good selling point for our game which should be talked up for moments like this.

From what I seen ICT worked hard & deserved their point. Will try & catch the highlights before work tomorrow as trying to watch it on the phone isn't the greatest. Sounds like the Caley Thistle keeper just had one of those days & kept us from winning.

Oh well, still the only unbeaten side in the league & a game in hand. Can't complain.

Fair play to Inverness. Was working today so only managed to catch a few minutes here & there of the game. Cracking goals from King & Sinclair. Def a good selling point for our game which should be talked up for moments like this.

From what I seen ICT worked hard & deserved their point. Will try & catch the highlights before work tomorrow as trying to watch it on the phone isn't the greatest. Sounds like the Caley Thistle keeper just had one of those days & kept us from winning.

Oh well, still the only unbeaten side in the league & a game in hand. Can't complain.

Surely your unbeaten record would be More impressive having played a game more?

Surely your unbeaten record would be More impressive having played a game more?

Having seen off Hearts, Aberdeen & The Rangers....all the so called 'best of the rest' fighting it out to be the ones to proclaim themselves our 'challengers', I'm happy with what we've done.

Only caught most of the second half, and as expected!, Celtic came away with a point.

Doesn't matter how pretty or how much of the ball your team has, the ball needs to be put into the back of the net. And that's exactly what ICT did late on in the game when it really mattered and took from the game exactly what they deserved.

Always a tough fixture up in Inverness and never expect anything less, so well done to ICT for giving the Hoops a real game and something to think about for some of our fans who think ICT are a push over.

Having seen off Hearts, Aberdeen & The Rangers....all the so called 'best of the rest' fighting it out to be the ones to proclaim themselves our 'challengers', I'm happy with what we've done.

Ach I'm only taking the piss min, you will win the league comfortably, be happy.

Ach I'm only taking the piss min, you will win the league comfortably, be happy.

:lol: I am happy & I expect us to win it comfortably. Can't grumble too much. We have no divine right to win games & fair play to ICT. They dug in and got a valuable point.

Said before the game that I thought we'd stroll it as we've looked good and ICT have been poor, but I did say they have been improving. I thought today though we'd halt that progress they've been making and have come at a bad time for them. Instead today's result should now galvanise them. Ricky Foran will no doubt be saying to them that if they can get something off a team who have been bulldozing everyone in the league then if they apply themselves like that in their next few games they'll expect to pick up a few points and jump the table.

Just read back the last few pages. Never seen the penalty incident, but might have been a blessing in ICT's favour if they had got the penalty the scoreline at the end off the game might have been different with Celtic pushing the game much harder for longer to get the victory instead of defending the lead. My opinion anyways.

7 hours ago, stonedsailor said:

So if a foul starts in the box and ends outside it's a free kick? Is it where the foul finishes that the kick is taken from?

No, that would still be a penalty.  If a foul from outside the box carries on into the box, then essentially the ref would be playing advantage from the point of the initial foul until the foul reaches the box.  If a foul starts inside the box then it would be a penalty straight away and the ref wouldn't play advantage.

6 hours ago, topsider said:

The more serious offence gets punished.

These new rules are an improvement IMO but it's another mind f**k for referees

This isn't a new rule - it has always been the case.

9 hours ago, The OP said:

I hate to piss on anyone's chips but we hit the woodwork 3 times and created numerous chances aside from that. Leaving aside the poor refereeing decision, it was mainly our poor finishing which kept it from being a convincing win.

Hitting the post is a miss. A miss is a miss regardless of how wide or close to the goal it is.

Great performance from us yesterday. Celtic could have been out of sight but I thought we defended heroically at times and OFW had his best performance in an ICT shirt. Some of the saves were outstanding even more so given that he was apparently injured and was struggling to make the team. Foran has been great at talking the side up in the last few days and really instilling belief in the players again unlike his predecessor who would happily have us spread our cheeks for Celtic. A really gutsy performance and for that I felt we deserved a point at the end.

I felt we could have defended the first goal better. Polworth was turned far too easily for the cross into Rogic for the opener and whilst Meekings was outnumbered when Celtic attacked for the second I'm not sure he couldn't have closed down a wee bit better. That's probably a bit harsh and it was a nice finish from Sinclair to be fair.

Cracking equaliser from Billy King. Can't say much else! Reminded me a wee bit of the goal Hayes scored against Rangers a few seasons back. Pleased to see Fisher get on the score sheet. Nice cross by Tansey to find him as well which led to superb scenes in the home end not seen since, erm, Saint Johnstone a couple of weeks ago but still, despite our lowly position, it's great to see the side playing with a lot more belief and working hard for the entire game and picking up goals in the last few minutes rather than conceding them.

You've played 4 teams before today.

Yes but of the 4 games they include Hearts, Aberdeen, The Rangers & St Johnstone....the teams who currently occupy 2nd-5th spots in the league. We had a tough opening away victory to Hearts but was closer thanks to their phantom penalty. We spanked both Aberdeen & The Rangers and St Johnstone was more comfortable than the scoreline suggested.

Prior to yesterday we scored an average of 3.75 goals a game and conceded 1.25. That's an impressive start to the season.

Archived