fan of the juniors

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

Aye it was lol

1.0 1.1 2.1 2.2 ht

2.3 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.ft 

Was going to be hard beating them with 11 men even harder with 10 though.Best team won in the end though.

Aye but you didn't have the half time entertainment I had. Driving through West Lothian you would think the locals had been drinking since early morning. Is it some sort of holiday or special occasion?

Seemed to be a game on in Harthill as well.

40 minutes ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Gartcairn 5 v 4 Lanark

Great game and very exciting end to it. Cairn always in the lead but Lanark just wouldnt give up!

Special mention for the 17 year old Lanark sub on loan from Alloa who came on early and scored 4

I'm glad I didn't go to that shite, sounds worse than Pumphy.

4 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Gartcairn 5 v 4 Lanark

Great game and very exciting end to it. Cairn always in the lead but Lanark just wouldnt give up!

Special mention for the 17 year old Lanark sub on loan from Alloa who came on early and scored 4

He only scored 3. He missed the penalty and someone else scored the rebound. Scored 3 excellent goals however.

How bad were Kilbirnie? Average Glens team scooshed it

" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pollok & Hurlford provided top class entertainment yesterday. Mark Sideserf firing his side in front from a spot kick after around 30mns.

Martyn Brown getting his side level from another spot kick in even more spectacular fashion 10mns later.

Dont think either team could complain about the awards.

Both teams went in at half time level at 1-1, after providing a very entertaining opening 45mns. Gary McCann, & Allan MacKenzie catching the eye for Pollok. Ross Brash, & Stewart Kean impressing for Hurlford.

Hurlford went in front with a stunning goal from full back Adam Hodge, he curled the ball high into the Pollok net from the right edge of the 18yd box after a fine cross field ball from Mark Roberts sent Darren Moffat off on a run up the right wing, he cleverly back healed to Adam who had just sprinted 60yds to get there.

Kieran McAleenan ended the scoring,but not the excitement,when his free kick from 20yds sailed over the Hurlford defensive wall, & nestled into the bottom left hand corner of the visitors net.

The Pollok assistant gaffer Murdo MacKinnon,received a red card just before this free kick was taken,for telling the shoppers in the Morrison Store next to the ground that his side should have been awarded a penalty kick for the Martyn Brown challenge on Allan McKenzie. I thought the challenge was inside the box as well, I also thought his red card was a bit harsh. His complaint was delivered at a high volume but was not overly abusive.

Pollok gaffer Tony McInally introduced Colin Williamson to the  action late in the game in what I thought was a clever tactical move, I thought his surging forward runs would earn his side the 3 points,running at the excellent,but tiring Hurlford defence. Unfortunately Colin's only forward surging run was towards the dressing room to ensure 1st use of the shower gel after  he got a red card for a tussle on the halfway line with a Hurlford player. I didn't see the incident closely enough to see what happened, but the Referee close by & issued a straight red.

Tremendous excitement, great game, point apiece was just about right. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Archived