Centre Half Pairing (w poll)

Underpants Gnome

Centre Half Pairing   

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Dougie Mills said:

Martin and Hanley are the best of what we have available.

Berra has been fantastic for Ipswich for a few seasons now. With Martin looking like he'll be warming the bench for Norwich, I think now would be a good time for Berra to get his place back. 

Had high hopes for Danny Wilson a couple years back! Gutted he hasn't progressed.

Agree that consistency is the key, so Martin and Hanley for me. 

There is, of course, a limit where we can't keep playing them if they're not getting club minutes. If, by the time of the England game in November, both are out of their respective sides, I'd accept we have to pick guys who are match sharp instead - probably Berra, Greer or Mulgrew by the way things are going. Shame they're all over 30. Might be an idea to bleed in a Souttar or the like just with one eye on the future.

This poll is depressing. Probably Martin and Hanley at the moment, but I wouldn't pick Hanley if he continues to struggle to get a game. There are already signs of rustiness there. Same goes for Martin, who has had a pretty dreadful year. Berra is probably next in line, then Greer. 

I'd start thinking about Berra coming in for Martin. Martin has been in abysmal form for over a year now, and it contributed to Norwich's relegation as well as our failure to qualify. Hopefully some other English guy comes out of nowhere, because the options are pish.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Agree that consistency is the key, so Martin and Hanley for me. 

There is, of course, a limit where we can't keep playing them if they're not getting club minutes. If, by the time of the England game in November, both are out of their respective sides, I'd accept we have to pick guys who are match sharp instead - probably Berra, Greer or Mulgrew by the way things are going. Shame they're all over 30. Might be an idea to bleed in a Souttar or the like just with one eye on the future.

Pretty much this except I'd say if they're still not getting a game by the time the Lithuania game in October is here then they need dropped for two of the aforementioned three 

In an ideal world Caulker would choose to play for us and I'd like to see what Liam Cooper is like as well.

I'd have Berra in as whilst he's not amazing he is fairly solid and is at least playing consistent club football. I'd pair him with Martin who I think has better experience and is a bit better than Hanley. I don't dislike Hanley as a player though, if he starts playing regularly then he'll deserve a place in the side.

Coming from a person who is in a family who support Leeds United. Liam Cooper would not be an improvement to what we already have. Infact, we have better already in the squad.

Cooper is shite, if anyone thinks he'd improve the team needs their head checked

The choices are like going to a restaurant and finding every option is a steaming jobby. 

Hanley and Martin, for only being moderately dreadful in comparison. Wilson shouldn't even be near the squad.

Archived