Peterhead v Queen's Park

Just thought I'd start yet another thread that mentions the big match but it's pretty obvious that everyone is absolutely buzzin for the return of the most volatile derby in Scottish football. Never been confident at Balmoor as we've only ever won there twice and been on the receiving end of numerous scuddings, the play off semi being a particular sore one due to probably the most ridiculous Gardner Speirs team selection of all time. We're a far superior team since then and have a manager who I have faith in to go anywhere in this league and get a decent result. 

58 minutes ago, strichener said:

Don't think so.  The main stand had the extra couple of quid then.  It is now the same for both stands.

Think they did it one time we were up but hardly any of the away support paid the extra, so the next time we went up the idea had been scrapped. Take it the standing areas are still all flat and no terracing? 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Think they did it one time we were up but hardly any of the away support paid the extra, so the next time we went up the idea had been scrapped. Take it the standing areas are still all flat and no terracing? 

Yeah, that's still the case.

Easy to say it now but I reckon a cover over part of the terracing would have been a better bet than a stand that hardly anyone uses. A game in summer can still be a trifle chilly when the wind gets up.

Fairly confident about the game, especially if it's less than hurricane-like and we can play a wee bit. Woods is back on song and everyone else is looking good.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I'll happily contribute the extra to gain a bit of height, admire the tactical positioning from the Coach and slaver after the silky passing from our midfield.

Better team first half although I can't remember us having much on target. Even our penalty hit the bar. Second half we didn't play at all and lost 2 poor goals from our point of view. Not the type we normally lose. Fair play to the players who all came over to the fans at the ft whistle, especially Miller who seemed to be apologising for his penalty. He's done the business this season until then so nothing really to apologise for imo. 

Queens Park were the better team first half and had their penalty kick gone in it might have been a different outcome. Peterhead stepped up a gear in the second half after a poor performance in the first. The first goal seemed to give the team a lift and the second was a relief with a clean sheet an added bonus. The ref did his best to annoy both teams with some strange decisions but that's what we've come to expect from Stephen Finnie. Good to get a win at last and be off the bottom of the league.

8 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The same old currant buns in the Peterhead club. Even got bouncers on the door. Peterhead fans must be cunted off with this

Saw a pub on the way in full of Sellick fans. Tragic when there's a league game in your own town and you'd rather watch the telly.

At this level every team will have one of those really poor days where everyone has a bad one. Hopefully we've put ours behind us. Last half hour of the game was about as poor a match as I've ever seen. Peterhead took their chances well.

That pitch was spectacularly good. Shame the players couldn't do it justice. Onwards and upwards.

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Better team first half although I can't remember us having much on target. Even our penalty hit the bar. Second half we didn't play at all and lost 2 poor goals from our point of view. Not the type we normally lose. Fair play to the players who all came over to the fans at the ft whistle, especially Miller who seemed to be apologising for his penalty. He's done the business this season until then so nothing really to apologise for imo. 

Wasn't there today, but Darren Miller has nothing to apologise for in terms of missing the penalty. No player will score every single one. He's been absolutely terrific since he came back.

Archived