Jim White

sergie's no1 fan

Looks like I'm looking for a new show to listen to on the radio at break time.

He has taken over from Colin Murray on talksport. It's absolutely awful. When he talks I can only hear that Brian Laudrup interview over and over again. Don't get me wrong Colin Murray was a bit annoying at times but I always found his guests enjoyable. I know Didi and Micky Gray have been on this week but it's just not the same.

Is there any other decent football talk shows on the radio or am I going to have to download podcasts to listen to?

Has Jim White just got this gig on the back of the awful transfer deadline patter?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talksport is now owned by news international/news UK/News Corp which part own sky, I'm guessing that's why he got the gig.

It's also why Murray left and Collymore got the boot.

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Looks like I'm looking for a new show to listen to on the radio at break time.

He has taken over from Colin Murray on talksport. It's absolutely awful. When he talks I can only hear that Brian Laudrup interview over and over again. Don't get me wrong Colin Murray was a bit annoying at times but I always found his guests enjoyable. I know Didi and Micky Gray have been on this week but it's just not the same.

Is there any other decent football talk shows on the radio or am I going to have to download podcasts to listen to?

Has Jim White just got this gig on the back of the awful transfer deadline patter?

Just for you.

Jim White is a sycophantic rangers/new rangers fan who's sold what was left of his soul to the devil that is sky television.  He's a major fudd of the highest order.  The english demographic who have "sky sports news hq" as their only source of world news love him as he spoonfeeds them all the "greatest league in the world" guff as promoted by news corp.

The sooner the tv company, their media outlets and investment capabilities implode, the better for all of us.

Remember where you heard/read it first - when rupert dies, young james will not show the same commitment to throw the squillions currently being jizzed to the fa.  He has a more reserved and global approach regarding the company and its business lines.

ps   Jim White's a fanny 

I saw White a good few years ago when he was commentating on the old masters 5 a side thing. It wasn't long after he got a driving ban and he was getting it tight from a few people in the crowd. He could have taken it as it was meant, a bit of banter but he was absolutely fucking raging and called the security guys to have a word with the crowd.

a 9/10 on the arsehole scale.

It'll be them balancing out their Old Firm coverage. They've had the green bigot apologist Brazil for long enough so now they're following him with a blue bigot meaning that's 6am to 1pm of sectarianism promoting. Agreed that you could dip in and out of Murray but the station is now virtually unlistenable to apart from some Hawksbee & Jacobs. That they give so much air time to Micky Quinn, a grunting neanderthal that literally struggles to string a sentence together and needs help reading, speaks volumes about their general target audience. A truly awful, awful station.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

That they give so much air time to Micky Quinn, a grunting neanderthal that literally struggles to string a sentence together and needs help reading, speaks volumes about their general target audience. A truly awful, awful station.

But he scored soooooooo many goals.

Colin Murray's show was about the only thing on TalkSh!te that was remotely listenable.  It varied in quality with whoever was co-hosting, but it was usually a refreshing break from the tedious twaddle pedalled by the likes of Brazil, Durham and Saggers. 

Jim White's programme - on the other hand - is like listening to Sky Sports News, but with no appealing visuals to take your mind off the whole repetitive rigmarole of bland interviews.  

Stick to deadline day hyperbole, Jimbo.

Colin Murray's show was about the only thing on TalkSh!te that was remotely listenable.  It varied in quality with whoever was co-hosting, but it was usually a refreshing break from the tedious twaddle pedalled by the likes of Brazil, Durham and Saggers. 

Jim White's programme - on the other hand - is like listening to Sky Sports News, but with no appealing visuals to take your mind off the whole repetitive rigmarole of bland interviews.  

Stick to deadline day hyperbole, Jimbo.

By appealing visuals we mean Hayley mcqueen

Colin Murray was absolutely dreadful. I remember a show he did where he literally hadn't prepared anything so decided to pick the line up for the next England match and discuss how each player would play and what substitutions would be made. Was genuinely the most boring listen of all time. Was a shame as I quite like him when he presents on television.

Jim White has started off well. Enjoyed listening into his interview with Steve Parish earlier. I'm a fan of the Sports Bar with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy. It can get boring at times with them repeatedly talking about Rooney but a good listen if there's been a match on or a Champions League night where many fans call in and have a complete meltdown. Usually Arsenal fans. 

Johnny Vaughan and Colin Murray were OK and their shows at least had originality but Brazil is the worst for me.

He just rambles on about his wee trips to racecourses or talking pish about football. Needlessly having a go at that moose guy for being fat despite him being slimmer than that fat jakey.

I remember a Christmas show that was done from his house and he phoned up the moose and had a go at him live on air about his parenting. On Christmas Day ffs. An utter thundercunt of a man.

Archived