Relegation decider

Hot damn, some wild defending there! Not sure what goal's my favourite - is it the first where old lettuce wrists McCabe lets the ball go right through him? Or the seventh where Fraser Kerr forgets how to walk?

Is that the same keeper who had such a stormer against Dunfermline? He looked an outstanding prospect that day.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is that the same keeper who had such a stormer against Dunfermline? He looked an outstanding prospect that day.

Yeah, it's the same boy. That match was probably his sole highlight at Stenhousemuir, he hasn't been very hot since and his form from pre-season onwards has been a bit of a concern. I'd like to see Andy Howarth get a run out, I don't see what harm it could do.

It would fair to say the lack of a decent keeper and an experienced centre half are killing us. I'd send McCabe back to Celtic.

Pretty even until the 1st goal went in and then we collapsed. It could have been worse.

The good news, Willis is good. Too good for us. Too good for this league.

Looks like I was worrying for nothing.

Scrappy hour to begin with, although we were arguably the better of two poor sides in that period, and then we improved and finished the game quite comfortably. The fact that was achieved with as many injuries as we had is pleasing, but it has to be said Stenny were poor. I'd have given Ryan Wallace MotM but wouldn't argue with it going to young Boyd; both worked tirelessly and are skillful guys who can quickly change the direction of moves.

So... 5 points from 15 isn't a great start and if you extrapolate it over a season, we'd be high 30s in terms of points and embroiled in at least a playoff battle. That said, we've players to come back, and although the next two games are away, neither Stranraer or Airdrie are unbeatable on their own patches.

Looks like I was worrying for nothing.

Scrappy hour to begin with, although we were arguably the better of two poor sides in that period, and then we improved and finished the game quite comfortably. The fact that was achieved with as many injuries as we had is pleasing, but it has to be said Stenny were poor. I'd have given Ryan Wallace MotM but wouldn't argue with it going to young Boyd; both worked tirelessly and are skillful guys who can quickly change the direction of moves.

So... 5 points from 15 isn't a great start and if you extrapolate it over a season, we'd be high 30s in terms of points and embroiled in at least a playoff battle. That said, we've players to come back, and although the next two games are away, neither Stranraer or Airdrie are unbeatable on their own patches.

Congratulations on getting the word extrapolate into a Scottish Football Forum.

4 points would be a good return over the next two games.

Archived