Any junior games moving there games for the celtic vs rangers game

Mathieson104

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well what's the point in telling fibs your fans support bankies and bankies only.  If that was the case you guys would still have 1000 / 2000  every week 

We've no had them crowds regularly since we left new kilbowie park. Maybe 1st season at boghead (not 100% sure tho)

Mon the papers

29 minutes ago, The'FORD said:

There's only one match in Glasgow on Saturday and it's at Newlandsfield where Pollok take on Hurlford Utd not the one taking place at the "Potato Bowl"

C'mon The'FORD

"Potato Bowl",are Walkers crisps one of the Sponsors.

I think in Ayrshire there's more of a 'tribal' feel down there if that's the right word ha

My dad told me when he was younger and went to watch Rob Roy against Glenafton, the full of New Cumnock was virtually shut for the game

I was taken to Rangers games when I was young and started following the Rob Roy from about 12 years old when my dads work commitments meant he would struggle to take me and I was earning £10 pocket money a week lol

Since then I've been to far more Rabs games (home and away) than Rangers and tbh I do prefer it especially with nearly no idiots at junior matches I've been to

3 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Got to say near on every ladeside fan I know started following ladeside from an early age they mostly have a second club in seniors that they look out for as I do myself but they mostly followed juniors from weans 

I get the impression that's an Ayrshire thing. It's really common down there for folk to have duel allegiance between (usually) one of the OF and their Junior side from more or less the same point in their upbringing.

In Glasgow you seem to get far more of the guys who have drifted away from regular Senior attendance and now like to go round to Newlandsfield or wherever on a Saturday. (Obviously Glasgow teams have younger fans as well). 

Just my experience though, others may have found it to be different.

3 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Kinda proves the stereotype that Junior fans by and large are OF supporters without the bus fare.

I don't think it proves anything of the kind. On Saturday there will be hundreds of thousands of people across Scotland who are simply old firm fans (with or without bus fares) who will watch this game. People who watch junior football every week will also watch the game. If SPFL games all kicked off at 2pm as junior games in the west do, I think you'd  quickly see lower league teams taking steps to avoid a clash. Doesn't bother me either way but with the option of the Glasgow and Manchester derbies on offer, shifting a kick off time is eminently sensible. 

Maybe someone has already touch on this point ans i have missed it.(being to lazy to read all comments). But surely all social clubs will be wanting the junior games to remain 2pm. As they will receive a good turn. Old firm finishes 145 latest 150. Straight from the club to the junior match... happy days... ps will be a pain in the arse for away supporters unless the travel 11ish 

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

I get the impression that's an Ayrshire thing. It's really common down there for folk to have duel allegiance between (usually) one of the OF and their Junior side from more or less the same point in their upbringing.

In Glasgow you seem to get far more of the guys who have drifted away from regular Senior attendance and now like to go round to Newlandsfield or wherever on a Saturday. (Obviously Glasgow teams have younger fans as well). 

Just my experience though, others may have found it to be different.

Nigh on every pollok. Petershill. Rob roy. Let's just say central team I have came across are the exact same.  Why can't folk just admit that they have allegiances towards senior and juniors. I follow ladeside everywhere and look out for a senior clubs results. If ladeside ever came up against the senior club I look out for I hope ladeside pump the life out them. 

The entertainment value on OF day where I used to stay was superb. I had a drinking den next door and before the kick off we had the retro parade with the CR Smith and NTL strips worn by folk that hadn't seen inside Ibrox and Parkhead. By the time I got home from the Talbot game they were in full swing. The sash...soldiers song in full pelt and out they were in the front garden knocking seven bells out of each other. After the melee it was back into the house for some Dolly Parton where they all made up by singing "Working nine to five". 

Sounds a hoot

Nigh on every pollok. Petershill. Rob roy. Let's just say central team I have came across are the exact same.  Why can't folk just admit that they have allegiances towards senior and juniors. I follow ladeside everywhere and look out for a senior clubs results. If ladeside ever came up against the senior club I look out for I hope ladeside pump the life out them. 

Agree with you, don't know any Rabs fan that supports Rob Roy and only Rob Roy... Split between OF and maybe the odd Partick Thistle supporter

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You don't believe that do you?

Of course I do. Live tv games on a Saturday are timed to start and finish before or after the 3pm kick offf window is done for a reason - to avoid a clash with the bulk of Saturday matches. Only someone looking for a bit of cheap stereotyping would fail to acknowledge that. It's why for generations we struggled to see highlights never mind live football. 

13 hours ago, hardest ned in glasgow said:

I hate the two of them. Clubs shouldn't move to accommodate these poisonous tramps.

Or maybe if it draws a better crowd they should do it more often and not just to avoid the one game? Tranmere Rovers used to play a lot of Friday night games under floodlights to avoid trying to compete directly with Liverpool and Everton.

I don't think it proves anything of the kind. On Saturday there will be hundreds of thousands of people across Scotland who are simply old firm fans (with or without bus fares) who will watch this game. People who watch junior football every week will also watch the game. If SPFL games all kicked off at 2pm as junior games in the west do, I think you'd  quickly see lower league teams taking steps to avoid a clash. Doesn't bother me either way but with the option of the Glasgow and Manchester derbies on offer, shifting a kick off time is eminently sensible. 

There's regular early kick offs throughout the season that clash with Junior games. But funnily enough only one is seeing Junior teams rearrange their games to allow their fans to view this particular game.

Archived