Any junior games moving there games for the celtic vs rangers game

Mathieson104

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Moving you game because 2 unrelated teams are playing each other? Not going to watch your own team because of a early season tv game? Fucks sake I can't believe people actually contemplate doing that.

Very few fans of teams outwith SPFL are 'one club' people. Among Junior circles, this is often used as the reason for being anti-pyramid - "if I wanted to watch Senior football I'd watch (team X)". In the Glasgow / Lanarkshire / Ayrshire area, it is going to stray into OF territory in terms of who the 'big' team is. At Pollok there are a number who are 'one club' supporters but in the cases I am aware of, they either renounced the OF as younger people, had parents who were Third Lanark fans or were Third Lanark fans themselves. The group I stand with are a mix of Celtic, Rangers, Partick, Clyde, Aberdeen... The guy who videos our games gives away his allegiance in his youtube channel name.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lokpars/videos

55 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Moving you game because 2 unrelated teams are playing each other? Not going to watch your own team because of a early season tv game? Fucks sake I can't believe people actually contemplate doing that.

och yer arse. People will want to see both so why not make it possible for them.

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

We are kicking off at 3pm

That's a good shout and gives people the opportunity to watch the old firm in the pub and still attend the junior game , I'm surprised that more teams aren't doing it as 2pm is quite tight for people to do both , there's far more hype on this old firm game than most as its the first league game in a good few years so I would imagine it could bite into junior crowds. 

I would be at our game if it was a 2pm ko no matter what but a lot of our fans will want to watch the early ko so it makes financial sense never mind anything else for us to move the kick off

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

The hardcore would still be there, sure, but why cut off your nose to spite your face to prove a point? The OF game's going to make traveling through Glasgow city centre a nightmare on Saturday, and we're also realistic enough to acknowledge the level of interest in this particular OF game, both of which would impact on the attendance.

This way, we and Shotts are offering our fans - and hopefully a lot of neutrals - a hassle free chance to see a game on a Friday night..Moving games at our level is still a rarity, but if anything it's a progressive step.

Ironic coming from a former top division team's fan -  I'm sure if back in the good old days the cameras of the Great God Sky had told you to play a home game at 7am on a Tuesday morning it would have happened.

Ad never miss our game for any senior game but I'm glad our game is Friday night at Renfrew, of course frew have floodlights at there new Park which makes it possible, and other teams changing to 3pm makes financial sense, hopefully any casual supporters will go along to there own local junior game after the nedfest [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Certainly doesnt apply to the Bankies!! Anyone in junior football who doesnt want a pyramid for that reason isnt a true supporter of their club. I see the point of changing kick off times to try and attract OF fans who perhaps would come after the game etc.

Clydebank are a bit of a rarity in the juniors though in terms of being in senior football not so long ago so why would bankies fans really wish to support the OF or any other senior team ? 

Most junior teams fans do have an allegiance to a senior team ( most of which are one of the OF in the west of Scotland in particular ) although personally only one result on a Saturday really matters to me and it's in the juniors . 

Definitely agree with changing games to a Friday night or 3pm kick off on Saturday.

Juniors have to make as much income as possible and to have it clashing with one of the biggest games in the country for 4 years would be silly financially especially in the west of Scotland.

And yeah most junior fans do have a senior team they support too which could probably be traced back to who they were brought up supporting when they were young and I personally don't see anything wrong supporting a junior and senior team... Clydebank are different because they were senior themselves not long ago.

Well done to the teams like Maryhill, Shotts, Renfrew, Kilsyth and Kilbirnie for giving your supporters the opportunity to watch both

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Welcome to the junior forum 

I get what you are saying but it's simple economics. Don't give me the superfan nonsense. You have no idea the effect that losing 150-200 quid off the gate, maybe even less than that, can have on a teams ability to meet their weekly commitments at this level for some clubs. And really, being a Pars fan, you should. That isn't a dig by the way. I'm a distant relation of Bert Paton and have always liked the Pars.

I get what you are saying but it's simple economics. Don't give me the superfan nonsense. You have no idea the effect that losing 150-200, maybe even less than that, can have on a teams ability to meet their weekly commitments at this level for some clubs. And really, being a Pars fan, you should. That isn't a dig by the way. I'm a distant relation of Bert Paton and have always liked the Pars.

Your right, most of us on here are probably diehards for our own clubs, but Deffo doesn't sadly apply to everyone, if we'd been at home on Saturday with a 2pm k.o, there might have been some people come over after watching game in pub, but some people get settled in with a drink an don't or can't be arsed moving themselves, sad but true.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Maryhill and Renfrew have both moved their home games to Friday night, 7.30 pm kick off.

It would be great if we could get some feedback on how the gates for these two games compare with their normal Saturday crowds. 

You would think that teams with social clubs would look at Friday night games. Take in a game, have a pint afterwards. Obviously it depends on players being available.

Archived