Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, mjw said:

Aye?
Our negotiations are so finely balanced a post on a football forum might undermine them?
Best the mods shut this part of the forum before someone really fucks things up.

Ok .....I get that we are a bunch of nobodies on a forum but you get my point, right ?

2 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

More good news!

BMW considering moving production of the new Mini from Oxford to Leipzig.

But, it's all good UK in control :1eyel

29 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Your post basically is negative non-news designed to undermine this country's forthcoming  Brexit negotiations.

:lol:

3 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

More good news!

BMW considering moving production of the new Mini from Oxford to Leipzig.

But, it's all good UK in control :1eyel

Obviously nothing to do with the planned strikes over pensions. :rolleyes:

BMW is already producing Minis in the Netherlands. And, in case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

Btw, why is a Scottish nationalist so bothered about English jobs moving to Germany? 

Go back to frying yer chips.

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Obviously nothing to do with the planned strikes over pensions. :rolleyes:

BMW is already producing Minis in the Netherlands. And, in case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

Btw, why is a Scottish nationalist so bothered about English jobs moving to Germany? 

Go back to frying yer chips.

Absolutely, it's not like Scotland and England are interconnected.  It's not like the sort of things that are happening in England as a result of Brexit could also happen in Scotland.

Yeah, why should we bother? 

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Yes id really like the tories to admit they are responsible for a massive f**k up, apologise to the EU and remain a member, thats the best possible outcome.
But outside that? Nah I don't care.

I thought it was accepted that isn't a possible outcome. Something to do with that  annoyingly inconvenient concept called Democracy.....y'know, where the majority decision prevails.  I blame the Greeks!

4 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I thought it was accepted that isn't a possible outcome. Something to do with that  annoyingly inconvenient concept called Democracy.....y'know, where the majority decision prevails.  I blame the Greeks!

Democracy is about letting people change their minds every few years, why should a referendum be any different?

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

Scotland voted to remain along with Gibraltar and NI. So 3/5 of the territories voted to remain, thats not very democratic.

Scotland didn't vote. The UK did. 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Democracy is about letting people change their minds every few years, why should a referendum be any different?

If a party wins power with a mandate to hold a referendum to rejoin the EU then that's what will happen.

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

If a party wins power with a mandate to hold a referendum to rejoin the EU then that's what will happen.

Or if we're still members after the next election, which seems likely, we could just cancel the whole fiasco.

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I expect to see a photo of WILLIEA on the front of tomorrow's Daily Express under the headline 'ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE'

I am an enemy of RA PEEPUL!  ( the 5 star numpties )

12 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Again a post from you telling us what is being considered.....Not what is happening but what might happen. 

Businesses are always considering a range of options as the business landscape changes and develops. 

Your post basically is negative non-news designed to undermine this country's forthcoming  Brexit negotiations.

Why would someone so incredibly intelligent  do that ?

Do you not want the best possible outcome for the UK from the Brexit negotiations?

Always prefer pragmatism to shiny faced happy clapping, but each to their own.

I don't get why the government don't just say that EU nationals who have been here from whenever are guaranteed to stay.

There is f**k all negotiation leverage to be gained from their current plan. Everyone knows that both sides are going to agree to this, it's inconceivable that they don't.

Plus, it would force the EU's hand to do the same as they wouldn't want it to seem like we're taking the moral high ground.

15 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I don't get why the government don't just say that EU nationals who have been here from whenever are guaranteed to stay.

There is f**k all negotiation leverage to be gained from their current plan. Everyone knows that both sides are going to agree to this, it's inconceivable that they don't.

Plus, it would force the EU's hand to do the same as they wouldn't want it to seem like we're taking the moral high ground.

To say nothing of the argument that it's incumbent on the UK, as the one who said "we're leaving your union", to offer protection to citizens first.

It's almost like your favoured party have a track record of being scumbags that aren't above putting people's livelihoods in danger for political expediency.

5 hours ago, Sooky said:

There is nothing inconceivable about this. The reason they may not just have come out and said it may be that they have no intention of implementing a straight "if you're here, you're in". They may have every intention of only retaining those who are working in key sectors and/or those who are economically positive for the UK. They may implement a policy of no free health care for non UK citizens.  They may do any number of things to get shot of EU migrants.