Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Are you not even slightly curious about what will happen post-Brexit?

Slightly (which is why I dip in and out of this thread) but I don't expect the Armageddon that the remainers are predicting or the land of milk and honey that the Brexiteers are predicting.

There will be problems and opportunities and I will cope with them like I have coped with all the shit that's been thrown at me in my life. I know that the person who has most control over my own destiny is myself. It's been like that most of my life and I expect it will be the same for the rest of it.

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The BBC are selling this as win for Remainers rather than the Tory rebels bottling it.

I honestly thing that May and her government have had to give concessions that they didn’t want to give, particularly on the key issue of Parliament’s role.  If they then try to renege I think they will have problems.  

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I can't be the only person who doesn't give a f**k if Brexit happens or not.

My life will go on it's merry old way no matter what happens.

That’s an incredibly naive post.  It implies that it won’t affect you, there is every likelihood that it will.

That said, simple folk are often the most content.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Slightly (which is why I dip in and out of this thread) but I don't expect the Armageddon that the remainers are predicting or the land of milk and honey that the Brexiteers are predicting.

There will be problems and opportunities and I will cope with them like I have coped with all the shit that's been thrown at me in my life. I know that the person who has most control over my own destiny is myself. It's been like that most of my life and I expect it will be the same for the rest of it.

Aye what if you export to the EU champ or work for a company that does?  It's quite a big deal champ, and actually 100% outwith your or anyone's control.  If you're not bothered perhaps best to zip it.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I honestly thing that May and her government have had to give concessions that they didn’t want to give, particularly on the key issue of Parliament’s role.  If they then try to renege I think they will have problems. 

Or they have two months to work on the weaker rebels.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Or they have two months to work on the weaker rebels.

As well as everything else politicians have huge egos.  There are many who have genuine worries about a hard, no deal Brexit; the most likely outcome if the zealots have their way.  There will be quite a few in the Tory ranks who do not want history to record their complicity with the monumental f**k up that a no deal Brexit will bring.

17 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye what if you export to the EU champ or work for a company that does?  It's quite a big deal champ, and actually 100% outwith your or anyone's control.  If you're not bothered perhaps best to zip it.

2 champs in one post. Well done.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s an incredibly naive post.  It implies that it won’t affect you, there is every likelihood that it will.

That said, simple folk are often the most content.

If I wasn't a content simpleton I'd have taken offence to these 2 posts.

You don't need to have intelligence to worry about things you cannot influence. You need the intelligence to work out how to deal with the aftermath. 

I'll see what happens and get on with my life. Simply.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As well as everything else politicians have huge egos.  There are many who have genuine worries about a hard, no deal Brexit; the most likely outcome if the zealots have their way.  There will be quite a few in the Tory ranks who do not want history to record their complicity with the monumental f**k up that a no deal Brexit will bring.

They will fold.

Irish border/Irish Sea is the deal breaker. Tories can't vote for that even without the DUP element. No deal, new PM,  then try and pull a rabbit out the hat or hope the Blairites have stolen Labour back by 2022.

I feel sort of similar. My main concern is cost of food and other essentials post-Brexit. Other than that, I’m just curious as to what happens on Brexit+1.

Whatever it is I’ll just try and deal with what comes as best I can.

I didn't think anything would top Wollaston's Keyser Soze style heel turn on Universal Credit but Soubry deserves an Oscar for her performance today.

She’s got Wes Streeting’s backing so that’s something.

The copy and paste didn't work out too great.  But am I reading this correctly?  Devolved powers can be held by westminster for up to 5 years?  If so come on folks. Lets do something. 

7 years.

b*****ds the lot of them.

SNP will sit on their fucking hands as usual allowing the Unionist media to dictate the narrative.

Already been on to Blackford and my MP Grady saying similar.

7 years.

b*****ds the lot of them.

SNP will sit on their fucking hands as usual allowing the Unionist media to dictate the narrative.

Already been on to Blackford and my MP Grady saying similar.

Blackford and numerous others are already vocal on Twitter about this. I wouldn’t bank on them staying silent.

Blackford and numerous others are already vocal on Twitter about this. I wouldn’t bank on them staying silent.

That’s the problem. They are always all over Twitter. I’d suggest the sensible ones use this instead of MSM.

Twitter users are not the dynamic we need to be targeting.