Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The only worry I have about ministers resigning is that it could force May out, some could see that as a good thing but the prospect of Boris or Davis presiding over the country and Brexit is frightening. I’d also be deeply concerned if it let Corbyn into power (although the impotence of the Labour party is such this is unlikely) but the prospect of a labour hard left brexit is just as unappealing as the current hard right one.

Guest Bob Mahelp

And so the cluster f**k continues.  Any sensible compromise to this omni-shambles being sacrificed on the altar of pathetic Tory in-fighting.

Thank God we have the EU to laugh in the faces of these right-wing fanatics, and reject any of their nutcase proposals.

Why?

Because I dont believe a hard left brexit will be any different to a hard right Brexit, both would be disastrous for the economy . I dont believe Corbyn could negotiate it any more effectively either (both parties are a disaster). Corbyn’s public position is if elected he will strive to maintain free market access, but privately quite widely reported as being indifferent to such, his proposals for higher business taxes dont really persuade me otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Because I dont believe a hard left brexit will be any different to a hard right Brexit, both would be disastrous for the economy . I dont believe Corbyn could negotiate it any more effectively either (both parties are a disaster). Corbyn’s public position is if elected he will strive to maintain free market access, but privately quite widely reported as being indifferent to such, his proposals for higher business taxes dont really persuade me otherwise.

For the first time in decades the two parties have differing priorities. Labour wants to increase the share of GDP that goes to workers. The Tories want to reduce it.

The thing that the majority of British remainers don't seem to understand is that their European heroes such as Merkel, Renzi, Juncker, Macron, Verhofstadt etc are also committed to lowering the wage share. The only difference is that they want to do in a less violent manner than psychopaths like Gove and Hunt. The EU has been a vehicle to hurt European workers, that's not up for debate.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/135320/economics/labour-share-of-gdp/

Screen-Shot-2017-11-20-at-09.34.22.png

The EU has been a vehicle to hurt European workers, that's not up for debate.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-20-at-09.34.22.png

Yes the european working time regs, statuatory mat/pat pay and workers rights enshrined in EU law has done nothing but hurt workers.

Im all for giving more to workers, don’t necessarily think raising every businesses tax is the way to do it, It’d be far more effective to actually ensure companies paid tax here than raising that of those who do.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im all for giving more to workers, don’t necessarily think raising every businesses tax is the way to do it, It’d be far more effective to actually ensure companies paid tax here than raising that of those who do.

Making sure that companies pay tax here should be one of the benefits of a left wing Brexit.

Right now the EU allows multinationals to shift profits and practice dodgy accounting techniques. So Apple, Google, Starbucks, Uber etc pay close to zero tax here.

Left wing Brexit. :lol:
There's not a chance such a thing will exist with the Tories in power and Labour continuing to be incompetent.

Go back and read the post, im not saying it will happen with the Tories in power, i’m suggesting it could happen if May is forced to resign and there is a GE. I don’t think Labour would win a GE just now anyway.

1 minute ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Left wing Brexit. :lol:

There's not a chance such a thing will exist with the Tories in power and Labour continuing to be incompetent.

I think Labour can win the next election.

The economy is screwing more and more people every year and demographics are working in Labour's favour.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think Labour can win the next election.

The economy is screwing more and more people every year and demographics are working in Labour's favour.

Agree - I think we're getting to a similar stage of John Major in the mid 90's, but in this case it's to end 8 or so years of austerity, when it should have been relaxed in the last 3 years.

Imagine this goes to another GE and Labour still didnt win it. 
giphy.gif

I know this is gonna be highly unpopular amongst some on here, but id struggle to pick a preference between Theresa May as PM or Corbyn, they’re both utterly terrible horrible people and tragic at diplomacy, Corbyn looks as if he throws massive strops when he doesnt get his way and I can’t imagine him representing us well on the world stage, but then you’re left with the thought of Boris or Davis. Its just a fucking horrible position to be in, I hope those who voted no in 2014 feel bad (no doubt the mouth foaming right wingers dont).

It’s probably unpopular because a mild social democrat isn’t remotely comparable to an authoritarian bigoted conservative unless you’re a brain dead centrist.

I fully expected that response from you. Corbyn isnt a mild social democrat in the slightest, he’s an incompetent far left winger who will do nothing but hurt the country just as the Tories are doing currently.

I’ll qualify my position re Corbyn, I feel uneasy with his economic policies such as quantitive easing and although I agree with him on things like entirely nationalising the NHS I believe his economic positions to be incompatible with the real world.