Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

39 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

“In the second scenario, Scotland will run out of food within a couple of days"

Why Scotland specifically I wonder. May be wrong but I think we are a net exporter of foodstuffs.  

Funny its assumed that we are supposed to be the first to go without?...to feed them that voted for it.

If the supply chain slows down the supermarkets won't be sending lorrys up the M6 past empty shops. They will sell the stock where they make the most profit.

The Scottish government repsonse to this should be to point out that we could do with a decent port in Scotland to take some of the strain.

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Whats really telling is those frothing at the mouth to discredit that channel 4 journo on twitter who then points out its from a pro brexit paper still seem to think this is scaremongering. These people and anyone who thinks brexit will be a good thing are mindless morons who should be fired off to Cornwall, boxed in and allowed to do whatever the f**k they want and let the humans continue.

Can any of brexit squad on here actually say they still think its gonna be positive?

I'm not sure the Murdoch papers are proBrexit. The Times itself was remain and is close to the Hammond soft Brexit faction.

47 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Time to start stocking up on tins.

Also, I'm sure The Sunday Times have spelled 'Bail' incorrectly in big letters on their front page. The world's gone made.

Exactly, how can we possibly starve when we can dredge our waters with impunity for fish that we mostly don't like or eat? We could also cut back on Jam exports to Africa to feed the people IMO.

I thought I was missing a pun of some kind...?

The Dover scenario shouldn't surprise anyone.  The M20 stack system for a relatively minor issue can't continue for more than a couple of days before food starts to waste. 

In a No Deal situation, Dover isn't big enough to cope any more.  The stack won't work and the town and port are hemmed in by the sea and the cliffs. So either spend billions creating a platform out into the sea or blow up Vera's pride and joy. Neither are realistic options so most of the trade would need to be re-routed and involve much longer sea journeys.

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

“In the second scenario, Scotland will run out of food within a couple of days"

Why Scotland specifically I wonder. May be wrong but I think we are a net exporter of foodstuffs.  

Funny its assumed that we are supposed to be the first to go without?...to feed them that voted for it.

When it's cold, an organism restricts the flow of the good stuff to the essential organs. Empires / Unions do the same  - they collapse into from what they became. 

Rome, Tesco direct.....;)

The U.K. is being readily fucked up by those in hereditary charge and the provinces need to make their voices are heard very loudly, so at least they don't end up much worse off than before.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Does anyone actually believe that pish from 'a source'?

I don't think the country will be booming after Brexit (if it's allowed to happen) but neither do I believe this utter drivel.

^^^^ Will end up starving whilst waiting for his medicine.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Will end up starving whilst waiting for his medicine.

We're growing veg. All we have to do is fight off the inevitable raiding parties from the neighbours.

This is the kind of hyperbollocks story we got when we were told that Scotland would be in meltdown if we voted for independence. I didn't believe those scare stories and I don't believe this pish either.

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

We're growing veg. All we have to do is fight off the inevitable raiding parties from the neighbours.

This is the kind of hyperbollocks story we got when we were told that Scotland would be in meltdown if we voted for independence. I didn't believe those scare stories and I don't believe this pish either.

I'm not buying the stuff about Scotland but there would need to be a drastic reduction in flow through Dover. 

Anyway, Gibraltar and Ireland need sorted. Their solution creates or exacerbates the Scottish position. 

2 hours ago, HTG said:

The Dover scenario shouldn't surprise anyone.  The M20 stack system for a relatively minor issue can't continue for more than a couple of days before food starts to waste. 

In a No Deal situation, Dover isn't big enough to cope any more.  The stack won't work and the town and port are hemmed in by the sea and the cliffs. So either spend billions creating a platform out into the sea or blow up Vera's pride and joy. Neither are realistic options so most of the trade would need to be re-routed and involve much longer sea journeys.

Only 9% of the UK's World trade comes in through Dover.

6 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Only 9% of the UK's World trade comes in through Dover.

Only 9% of folk in the UK who aren't already using a foodbank will starve then. Don't know what the big bloody fuss is about lads.

21 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

It worries me.  england voted for this and their politicians who effectively rule us are incompetent.  For goodness sake, earlier this week one of their lords who championed brexit now seeks a residency permit in France.  

We are being made total arses of, by that I mean the whole uk population.  Why are we, Scotland, prepared to put up with this shit any longer?  Shove the union up yer arse.

Leave england to wallow in their own self destruction, and let Scotland prosper from their downfall.  

It seems absolutely bizarre that 1) support for Scottish independence isn't running at a higher level given the clusterfuck going on down south but also that 2) support for Labour doesn't seem to be any higher for the same reason.

People almost seem happy to sit back and take whatever is thrown at us. Strange.

Edited by RiG

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

It seems absolutely bizarre that 1) support for Scottish independence isn't running at a higher level given the clusterfuck going on down south but also that 2) support for Labour doesn't seem to be any higher for the same reason.

People almost seem happy to sit back and take whatever is thrown at is. Strange.

Why should Brexit have any effect on the Labour vote when their mumbleclown leader is all for it?