Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Is that just a wee bit racist? We welcome all immigrants except the fucking English who vote to keep the Union. 

[emoji14]

It probably does make independence a bit less likely. Can’t imagine I’d vote for it if I was from rUK.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It probably does make independence a bit less likely. Can’t imagine I’d vote for it if I was from rUK.

Not sure you can generalise like that. I know some English that voted for independence and some Scots that would never want it. 

16 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Much as I hate to quote the Daily Mail, or Mail Online, I do happen to agree with much of the gist of this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753400/Revealed-How-half-million-English-voters-living-Scotland-set-block-independence.html

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Is that just a wee bit racist? We welcome all immigrants except the fucking English who vote to keep the Union. 

:P

It is definitely fucking galling; no doubt about it.

But you can not deny a resident of Scotland the right to vote anymore than you can give Scots who live elsewhere the chance to vote.

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It is definitely fucking galling; no doubt about it.

But you can not deny a resident of Scotland the right to vote anymore than you can give Scots who live elsewhere the chance to vote.

You can have a ten year residency requirement.  Britain stopped a lot of British residents from voting in EU ref, if they voted it would have been remain.

When mentioning Liam Fox in this thread, can posters please ensure they're using his correct title of 'Disgraced former cabinet minister who was later returned to the cabinet by an incompetent Prime Minister but is still disgraced Liam Fox'?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

When mentioning Liam Fox in this thread, can posters please ensure they're using his correct title of 'Disgraced former cabinet minister who was later returned to the cabinet by an incompetent Prime Minister but is still disgraced Liam Fox'?

Thank you.

Lest anyone forget....

In the 2009 expenses scandal, he was the Shadow Cabinet Minister found to have the largest over-claim on expenses and, as a result, was forced to repay the most money.[4] In 2010, he was appointed Defence Secretary by Prime Minister David Cameron, a position from which he resigned on 14 October 2011 over allegations that he had given a close friend, lobbyist Adam Werritty, inappropriate access to the Ministry of Defence and allowed him to join official trips overseas.[5]

52 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Thank you.

Fair point but too long.  What about ‘cuntwanker Fox’?

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Thank you.

The Scottish contingency of the Tory cabinet i.e. Fox, Mundell, Gove are an absolute s**t show

The latest from the Strong & Stable party.................

Brexit: Nigel Lawson calls for Philip Hammond sacking

A former Conservative chancellor has called for the the current postholder to be removed from the job in a reshuffle by the prime minister.

Lord Lawson, who served as Margaret Thatcher's chancellor from 1983-89, said Philip Hammond was unhelpful and "what he is doing is very close to sabotage" over Brexit talks.

21 minutes ago, btb said:

The latest from the Strong & Stable party.................

I think Nigel Lawson has always been an excellent negative barometer for me.

If he is in favour of something - I am probably against it

If he is against something - I am probably for it.

The Times are claiming that it’s the prospect of Corbyn’s Labour nationalising key industries or subsidising manufacturing that is prompting the EU into adopting a tough approach over Brexit.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bo Jo and Rees Morgan are moving in for the kill here. May has been played like a puppet

Except for that the majority of Tory MP's are Remainers. Time for a showdown! 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Except for that the majority of Tory MP's are Remainers. Time for a showdown! 

This is the strange thing.  I think If May had stood up to the lunatic fringe she would have got backing from the majority of her MPs.

I think Nigel Lawson has always been an excellent negative barometer for me.
If he is in favour of something - I am probably against it
If he is against something - I am probably for it.

Lawson lives in France, therefore brexit won't affect him in the slightest