Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

maybe Wales, TFS and England but not so much in Scotland though, surely?

No, Scotland’s just content to be shackled to and dragged around by racists.

Edited by Antlion

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

UK threatening to quit the Galileo project if it left out of sensitive elements of the project.
https://www.ft.com/content/7ef540a0-44b3-11e8-803a-295c97e6fd0b?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1524259019

The UK Government doesn't need to be involved. They have enough rockets.

Other partners are resisting this; their response has been “We will not let you go, will not let you go, never, never, never let you go-o-o.”

I am genuinly at a loss to understand May and others on this.  I find it hard to believe that they are completely ignoring all the severe economic forecasts; I cannot think of a single independent or non-partisan body who has said that Brexit will not hurt us in economic terms.

It is fair enough if it wetre limited to a 10% or 20% of the Tory Party who are either complete fuckwits or who want to use it for their personal political gain; but it seems about 95% of Tory MPs are simply sticking their heads in the sand and hoping that it will all come good.

The chances of the remaining 5% actually swaying things now seems more remote as they are being subtely threatened with a GE and the possibility of a Corbyn led Labour government.

I am now begining to think a Hard Brexit is a real possibility.

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am genuinly at a loss to understand May and others on this.  I find it hard to believe that they are completely ignoring all the severe economic forecasts; I cannot think of a single independent or non-partisan body who has said that Brexit will not hurt us in economic terms.

It is fair enough if it wetre limited to a 10% or 20% of the Tory Party who are either complete fuckwits or who want to use it for their personal political gain; but it seems about 95% of Tory MPs are simply sticking their heads in the sand and hoping that it will all come good.

The chances of the remaining 5% actually swaying things now seems more remote as they are being subtely threatened with a GE and the possibility of a Corbyn led Labour government.

I am now begining to think a Hard Brexit is a real possibility.

As has been mentioned on here for months, they need to resolve the border issue in Ireland. Every answer to that question gives May a real problem.  

She's running out of time and options and will need to decide very soon. There is a real possibility of a hard Brexit, I agree

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

As has been mentioned on here for months, they need to resolve the border issue in Ireland. Every answer to that question gives May a real problem.  

She's running out of time and options and will need to decide very soon. There is a real possibility of a hard Brexit, I agree

I think the current talk of us looking at the possibility of A (or The) customs union from Labour and some of the back bench Tories might potentially put brakes on a Hard Brexit 

3 hours ago, zidane's child said:

I think the current talk of us looking at the possibility of A (or The) customs union from Labour and some of the back bench Tories might potentially put brakes on a Hard Brexit 

There will be conditions to any regulatory alignment with the EU and the UK and or N.Ireland. Again this will be problematic  for May

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I am genuinely at a loss to understand May and others on this.  I find it hard to believe that they are completely ignoring all the severe economic forecasts; I cannot think of a single independent or non-partisan body who has said that Brexit will not hurt us in economic terms.

It is fair enough if it were limited to a 10% or 20% of the Tory Party who are either complete fuckwits or who want to use it for their personal political gain; but it seems about 95% of Tory MPs are simply sticking their heads in the sand and hoping that it will all come good.

The chances of the remaining 5% actually swaying things now seems more remote as they are being subtlely threatened with a GE and the possibility of a Corbyn led Labour government.

I am now beginning to think a Hard Brexit is a real possibility.

I think a lot of Tories like to think of themselves as the pragmatic party.

At times, they will suggest this means doing whatever it takes to look after the economy.
In reality it means doing whatever it takes to look after the Tory Party.

I think May and others realise that Brexit is going to be a disaster but cannot find a way to cancel it or limit it that does not result in half their voters flocking to UKIP.
It is amazing that the narrative of UK politics is being defined by a party with no MPs at Westminister.

It is also about "taking back control" from unelected people in Brussels and this is being said most loudly by unelected newspaper owners.

IMO: Brexit is just right-wing utopianism - the EU is an extra layer of government and even if it was perfect - it would be better to be out.

You also have the likes of Jeremy Corbyn who is happy to go along with this in the belief that if people have a go at right wing utopianism and discover they don't like it then maybe they will go for left wing utopianism instead.

In the meantime, the economy goes down the pan.

22 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Welsh branch of the red tories bottled it

That arsehole Jackie Bird opens Reporting Scotland by saying the Scottish Government are under increasing pressure because the Welsh have agreed.

Alternatively, the Scottish Government continue to negotiate to get the best deal for Scotland, and who gives a f**k about Wales.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

At times, they will suggest this means doing whatever it takes to look after the economy.

I think May and others realise that Brexit is going to be a disaster but cannot find a way to cancel it or limit it that does not result in half their voters flocking to UKIP.
It is amazing that the narrative of UK politics is being defined by a party with no MPs at Westminister.

It is also about "taking back control" from unelected people in Brussels and this is being said most loudly by unelected newspaper owners.

IMO: Brexit is just right-wing utopianism - the EU is an extra layer of government and even if it was perfect - it would be better to be out.

You also have the likes of Jeremy Corbyn who is happy to go along with this in the belief that if people have a go at right wing utopianism and discover they don't like it then maybe they will go for left wing utopianism instead.

I wish to f**k that at this moment in time Labour had a leader who was both genuinely left-of-centre and not a complete and utter c**t.  If they did May and the Tories would be completely fucked.*

All sweary words in this sentence are totally justified and heartfelt.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wish to f**k that at this moment in time Labour had a leader who was both genuinely left-of-centre and not a complete and utter c**t.  If they did May and the Tories would be completely fucked.*

All sweary words in this sentence are totally justified and heartfelt.

Theresa May is the weakest Prime Minister that the UK has ever had but Corbyn is weaker still.

It is like watching a penalty shoot out where both the keepers have gone for lunch and yet neither team looks like scoring into an open net.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

That arsehole Jackie Bird opens Reporting Scotland by saying the Scottish Government are under increasing pressure because the Welsh have agreed.

Alternatively, the Scottish Government continue to negotiate to get the best deal for Scotland, and who gives a f**k about Wales.

While I agree with you, the strength in opposing the Tories was in both devolved administrations being unified.

The Welsh have now sold the SNP down the river and strengthened May's hand.  There's very little incentive now to make any more concessions to the Scottish government, and frankly, Sturgeon looks isolated.

There's no doubt at all that the opposition parties at Holyrood.....who (apart) from the Tories were broadly supportive of Sturgeon....will now make political capital out of this. They love to paint the SNP as Westminster-hating extremists and they now have an opportunity to do that.

I f*cking hate these red Tories. Unionist c***s. 

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Great post - particularly about the utopianism!

12 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

As someone who works in Digital Marketing/User Experience, iPhone is where the majority of web traffic comes from!

In fact, most companies nowadays will often build an iOS app first and then Android later on...