Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you agree with quotas for certain fish to preserve stocks, how else do you enforce them? Sorry Gov, accidentally caught 10 tons of Pilchard, sorry, won't happen again, what's the price like by the way?

And yet the rules are being transitioned in by 2019 to make discards illegal without sacrificing quotas.  The point remains that 1000s of tonnes of fish have been discarded during our membership of the CFP and someone on twitter thinks that Brexit is represented by the wastage of a box or two.  Let's get a sense of perspective here.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

And yet the rules are being transitioned in by 2019 to make discards illegal without sacrificing quotas.  The point remains that 1000s of tonnes of fish have been discarded during our membership of the CFP and someone on twitter thinks that Brexit is represented by the wastage of a box or two.  Let's get a sense of perspective here.

Symbolism dear boy. 

1 hour ago, strichener said:

The economic waste and over-bureaucratic CFP is an appropriate symbol of the EU. ;)

Just as well we got by with the black fish landings.

It's a scandal that we haven't continued to turn a blind eye to taking advantage of the bountiful stocks that the locals are best placed to manage.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Yes, please.
Fishing is 0.5% of the UK's economy.

It's not even worth mentioning.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Just bare faced lies which comes as zero surprise.

Anyone who claims they were 'misled' is a fucking moron as these scumbags making the promises and saying shit are proven professional liars. 

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just bare faced lies which comes as zero surprise.

Anyone who claims they were 'misled' is a fucking moron as these scumbags making the promises and saying shit are proven professional liars. 

They weren’t misled.  They know it’s lies.  They don’t care.

Xenophobia and nostalgia for a time that never existed are powerful motivators.

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Just read this on The Guardian site and was shaking my head at the stupidity and naivety of most of the comments by senior Tories.

The utter disrespect for the EU and "ease" of a deal is farcical. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

They weren’t misled.  They know it’s lies.  They don’t care.

^^^This. I'm sure someone that did a bit more philosophy at University than me has a clever word or phrase for it. 

If I have to write 'but this was explained many times in advance of the vote' one more time I'll be raging very disappointed nonplussed. But it is completely inevitable that I will.

They weren't misled. When they're getting fucked out of a job or their pal from Poland fucks off home it's their fault entirely. They were told it would happen. It will happen. f**k them.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Xenophobia and nostalgia for a time that never existed are powerful motivators.

Nicely put. I'm sure I saw some women from Lossiemouth (she was about my age (40), probably younger) on Reporting Scotland (?) in the last couple of days saying that she voted Brexit because she thought it could take us back to the good old days of the 1940's. The '40s!!! That's what we are dealing with here.

My Dad continually goes on about how absolutely shit everything used to be (that was well after the '40s), but the constant British exceptionalism shtick has clearly permeated with idiots all over the country.

Nicely put. I'm sure I saw some women from Lossiemouth (she was about my age (40), probably younger) on Reporting Scotland (?) in the last couple of days saying that she voted Brexit because she thought it could take us back to the good old days of the 1940's. The '40s!!! That's what we are dealing with here.
My Dad continually goes on about how absolutely shit everything used to be (that was well after the '40s), but the constant British exceptionalism shtick has clearly permeated with idiots all over the country.

Everything was pretty dreadful in the 70s when i started working. Especially my beige slightly flared suit.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

^^^This. I'm sure someone that did a bit more philosophy at University than me has a clever word or phrase for it. 

If I have to write 'but this was explained many times in advance of the vote' one more time I'll be raging very disappointed nonplussed. But it is completely inevitable that I will.

They weren't misled. When they're getting fucked out of a job or their pal from Poland fucks off home it's their fault entirely. They were told it would happen. It will happen. f**k them.

They're suffering from cognitive dissonance and seek to remove or reduce that by suspending rationality. 

Vote with heart rather than head, or see things for how they want them to be rather than how they are basically.

22 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Brilliant! Powdered eggs, coffee made from acorns, ration cards and getting bombed by folk. Bring it on! And those cool hats and suits men used to wear! And summer frocks with a pen mark up the back of the legs to pretend women had tights!

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The 40s were great, rationing, V2 rockets, what's not to love?

Same argument as we had after we lost the independence vote. In the future it'll all be different.......once the oldies have died off.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-britain-eu-stay-2021-public-opinion-society-changes-theresa-may-transition-deal-a8278146.html

Increasing education, greater ethnic diversity and more younger voters are poised to deliver a firm Remain majority in just three years