Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.businessinsider.de/5-charts-secret-brexit-impact-study-damage-threatened-by-leaving-the-eu-2018-3?r=UK&IR=T

5 charts from the secret Brexit impact study which show the damage threatened by leaving the EU

The government's secret Brexit report assessing the potential impact of leaving the EU on the economy has just been released in full for the first time.

It's not good.

Completely ignored by the right-wing propaganda sheets, and barely mentioned on the BBC.

Can you imagine the headlines if this was an anti-Scottish independence report ?

It's as if there are people out there living in a parallel universe, where every single report, opinion signal, document, or survey as to the economic disaster coming our way is simply dismissed as being irrelevant.

Ideology going mad.  Why is nobody making any attempt to stop this ?

28 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Tusk wants “...the U.K. to propose a specific and realistic solution to avoid a hard border”.

I want Dundee United to win the Champions League and Scotland to win the World Cup.

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Completely ignored by the right-wing propaganda sheets, and barely mentioned on the BBC.

Can you imagine the headlines if this was an anti-Scottish independence report ?

It's as if there are people out there living in a parallel universe, where every single report, opinion signal, document, or survey as to the economic disaster coming our way is simply dismissed as being irrelevant.

Ideology going mad.  Why is nobody making any attempt to stop this ?

The weird thing is the Tories used to be in the pockets of big business, who all want to stay apart from the likes of Dyson who's shipped all his jobs to the Far East. Blindly walking off a cliff cos Control!

It sounds silly considering their shambolic approach to, well, everything, but this is surely where the shit really hits the fan for this government.

The EU have called their bluff and their complete lack of detailed planning for any aspect of these negotiations is going to be horribly exposed. Even if they do manage to produce something approaching a detailed proposal in time, it's going to be so obviously full of holes with the contradictions of claiming it's possible to have no hard border while having no regulatory alignment that even the usual cognitive dissonance and myopia of Tory voters and the press isn't going to save them from being exposed as the clueless chancers they are.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Tusk wants “...the U.K. to propose a specific and realistic solution to avoid a hard border”.

I want Dundee United to win the Champions League and Scotland to win the World Cup.

Tbf I can't see how they can say much about what they'll do about the border until they know what the trading rules will be.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Tbf I can't see how they can say much about what they'll do about the border until they know what the trading rules will be.

I disagree, if the U.K. government is saying that we are leaving the customs union then they must accept that there will be a hard border.  Tusk is simply putting pressure on them to publicly admit that fact because it is something they don’t want to do.

Gibralter is going to be even more fun.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I disagree, if the U.K. government is saying that we are leaving the customs union then they must accept that there will be a hard border.  Tusk is simply putting pressure on them to publicly admit that fact because it is something they don’t want to do.

Gibralter is going to be even more fun.

Today on R4 had a Gibraltar special this morning with locals saying Brexit might not be so bad for them after all, with deregulation and full access to the London financial sector. Half their workforce commute daily from Spain! Didn't listen to the whole programme so maybe I just heard a couple of loons.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Order of likelyhood...

Scotland scenario

Dundee Utd scenario

UK scenario

Buried 11 stories down on the main BBC Scotland news page is this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-43327796

A naked attempt a grabbing power back from the pesky Scotch who can't be trusted to do things themselves as London knows best.

Being serious this is something we should be furious about and should be trying at all costs to stop

I watched Jacob Rees Mogg on BBC Parliament.

He seemed to be saying that we might choose not to stop anything coming or going across the border since that is similar to the current arrangement.
The EU might object to things going from the UK to the EU but then that would be the responsiblity of the EU to do something about it.
Thus, we would continue to have a soft border on our side of the border but the EU would only have themselves to blame if they chose to have a hard border on their side of the border.

Incredible.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I watched Jacob Rees Mogg on BBC Parliament.

He seemed to be saying that we might choose not to stop anything coming or going across the border since that is similar to the current arrangement.
The EU might object to things going from the UK to the EU but then that would be the responsiblity of the EU to do something about it.
Thus, we would continue to have a soft border on our side of the border but the EU would only have themselves to blame if they chose to have a hard border on their side of the border.

Incredible.

Maybe he got his words mixed up as he doesnt speak english as a first language

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Buried 11 stories down on the main BBC Scotland news page is this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-43327796

A naked attempt a grabbing power back from the pesky Scotch who can't be trusted to do things themselves as London knows best.

Being serious this is something we should be furious about and should be trying at all costs to stop

Ffs....the comments section to that article.....on the UK official broadcasters site as well......Scottish unionists should have a read......will make them feel so proud.