Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

You don’t imagine that might create even more chaos and instability than we are currently experiencing!!? Not just now thanks, you’ll get another turn. And IF Scotland again decides to stay put, what’s your next move Willie?
No.
Sink a few bottles, howl at the moon, commit some pretty acts of vanadalism (probably) then start campaigning for the next one.

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It is indeed a calamitous mess, the Union will survive however and Scotland will retain its existing place as part of a sovereign nation until it decides to go it alone. Now isn’t the time to start digging at the foundations whilst others are trying to put the roof back on.

Once again, a calamitous mess (Brexit) is worth it for you to prevent Scotland’s national statehood. You’ve simply chosen one brand of “separatism” over another - and that’s because you accept Scotland being told when it’s to be subject to separatism.

Once again, a calamitous mess (Brexit) is worth it for you to prevent Scotland’s national statehood. You’ve simply chosen one brand of “separatism” over another - and that’s because you accept Scotland being told when it’s to be subject to separatism.

I chose neither, one worked out, one didn’t. Again there are hundreds of 000’s of Scots who made the same choice, yet you claim it’s an impossible scenario.
As for ‘MY BritNat Party’ the Tories haven’t been represented in my constituency (including boundary changes) in my lifetime.
I will vote for who I believe will best represent the area, always have.

Another craven one, Scotland should have to endure something you opposed and admit will be damaging for our economy for 'decades' (your word) just cause you're a British nationalist and independence is unthinkable.  Utterly craven.  There is an obvious solution for Scotland, but British nationalists like you can't countenance it.

Bearing in mind you apparently "blocked" me you are really not grasping the point of that. You did however score highly on my "Pep Bingo" board "craven" x 2 and "British Nationalist" being knee jerk favourites.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

I chose neither, one worked out, one didn’t. Again there are hundreds of 000’s of Scots who made the same choice, yet you claim it’s an impossible scenario.
As for ‘MY BritNat Party’ the Tories haven’t been represented in my constituency (including boundary changes) in my lifetime.

Indeed, thousands of Scots made the same choice. And England and Wales decided the whole UK should pursue separatism despite it. I highlight the past tense, to try and stop this tendency you have to pretend that the result didn’t happen. We are living in a post-EU-referendum world. Unionism means Brexit in that world. As long as you continue to support Scotland’s membership of the UK, you became a separatist in June 2016. 

Edited by Antlion

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

You're a liar you said you voted Tory (the party of brexit) as they were strongest on the union.  You're a liar and a separatist.

You're a liar you said you voted Tory (the party of brexit) as they were strongest on the union.  You're a liar and a separatist.

That there are pro Union and pro EU representative supporters across the house, being the point. Local elections & local issues may attract an alternative vote.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That there are pro Union and pro EU representative supporters across the house, being the point. Local elections & local issues may attract an alternative vote.

Who? Who is actually both against Scotland’s sovereignty and fighting to stop Brexit in the House of Commons? 

I tune in and out of the Brexit discussion due to boredom, frustration, apathy and fury but it seems to me since the very beginning of this process that the blame for everything can be placed squarely at the door of our MPs.

These craven charlatans are elected to Parliament as representatives of the voters. Calling a referendum on any topic seems to me to be a dereliction of duty by MPs; who should be able to make decisions on our behalf.  Otherwise what's their point?

If voters were unhappy that MPs were generally pro-EU then they should have elected someone else and ultimately the decision to leave the EU should have been taken by a government which was elected on the strength of an anti-EU manifesto.

Now we're faced with weaving our way through a complicated process while ministers try to interpret the ongoing will of the electorate through a one sentence YES/NO question that was asked over 18 months ago. It's impossible.

As things stand it seems to me the only reasonable option is to compromise and pursue the EEA Norwegian arrangement. No one will be entirely happy but at least only the extremist loons on either side will be enraged. And I can live with that. 

38 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The Tories ALWAYS serve themselves above all else. They don't fight corners for the people. You're either lying or stupid if you're saying that had anything to do with your vote.

The Tories ALWAYS serve themselves above all else. They don't fight corners for the people. You're either lying or stupid if you're saying that had anything to do with your vote.

Find myself in agreement on some issues, unsupportive of others, isn’t that the case whoever your political allegiances lie with, or do you just follow the party line nodding like. I suspect you probably do.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Find myself in agreement on some issues, unsupportive of others, isn’t that the case whoever your political allegiances lie with, or do you just follow the party line nodding like. I suspect you probably do.

Someone who became an overnight Tory because Ruth cynically courted the Orange vote criticising others for “following the party line”. One almost has to admire the hypocrisy of that.