Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your pals parents sound like really well educated and entirely non ignorant people. I trust a boot in the pie was deployed?

If only :lol:

Just told them to contact the hilariously shit MP they voted for (Kirstene Hair) to complain.

A boot in the pie would have been equally helpful i suppose.

I see that Ruth "No Surrender" Davidson was unavailable for comment on the leaked Brexit papers which estimate a similar negative impact from leaving the EU, SM etc. as the SG analysis. She was however available to call into Forth One to have a chat about baking.

There's your strong opposition right there. Talk about the biggest issue facing the country? Nah. Talk about my favourite cake to make? Yeah I'm up for that.

Edited by RiG

On 10/02/2018 at 17:05, RedRob72 said:

I can’t be arsed trawling back through your post history Pep, but I’m pretty sure you (and others tbf) had some ‘choice’ words to describe those who threatened to leave these shores if Scotland had voted Yes. That you would walk away and abandon your whole life in Scotland if the result was repeated, speaks volumes doesn’t it.

I personally wouldn’t label you a snivelling hypocrite, but some might?

Chin Chin old boy!

Must be thinking of someone else Wes.  Scotland will get what it will deserve if we vote no again and I want no part of that as Scotland is very dear to me.

5 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

NFU and food retailers urging the same free trade with EU as we have now!

Were these not one of the most vocal pro leave c*nts?

I think reality is hitting home.  The little Englander type will never change their position but a large number of businesses and sectors of the economy, and their representatives, are beginning to wake up to the omnishambles that is Brexit.

I’m happy to see the converts; hopefully it’s not too little too late.

The next three months are going to be amongst the most interesting in British politics in decades.  Sadly the subsequent 18 months have the potential to be the most ruinous.

Forgive me Wes I've had a long day what is NTP

NTP, Not The Pars, perhaps offering back your favourite insult. Think he nailed it tbh.
I won’t hold it against you though Pep, we’re miles apart on here, but I reckon you’re alright.
May I politely ask though why you changed your user name from Fuzzy Afro to an Italian Political subversive?

I think reality is hitting home.  The little Englander type will never change their position but a large number of businesses and sectors of the economy, and their representatives, are beginning to wake up to the omnishambles that is Brexit.
The next three months are going to be amongst the most interesting in British politics in decades.  Sadly the subsequent 18 months have the potential to be the most ruinous.

Can't see Brexit happening tbh. All this delay and shambles is really a cunning plan

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is a fairly accurate assessment imo

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

NTP, Not The Pars, perhaps offering back your favourite insult. Think he nailed it tbh.
I won’t hold it against you though Pep, we’re miles apart on here, but I reckon you’re alright.
May I politely ask though why you changed your user name from Fuzzy Afro to an Italian Political subversive?

Not butting in but I think that calling Peppino a subversive is inaccurate unless you consider a conspiracy of the State and the Mafia to be legitimate. More like satirist and campaigner.

http://www.centroimpastato.com/giuseppe-impastato-his-actions-his-murder-the-investigation-and-the-cover-up/# 

Not butting in but I think that calling Peppino a subversive is inaccurate unless you consider a conspiracy of the State and the Mafia to be legitimate. More like satirist and campaigner.
http://www.centroimpastato.com/giuseppe-impastato-his-actions-his-murder-the-investigation-and-the-cover-up/# 

I didn’t say that the Mafia’s influence was legitimate WB, but surely it was part of the ‘establishment’ at the time, however corrupt? Even a humble Sicilian Sommelier might concur?

Just now, RedRob72 said:

I didn’t say that the Mafia’s influence was legitimate WB, but surely it was part of the ‘establishment’ at the time, however corrupt? Even a humble Sicilian Sommelier might concur?

It's debatable I admit, but fighting nonviolently against a State and criminal organisation that were conspiring illegally against the rules of that country's constitution, and doing so within the law would not be considered subversive in most civilised countries, including Italy.

It's debatable I admit, but fighting nonviolently against a State and criminal organisation that were conspiring illegally against the rules of that country's constitution, and doing so within the law would not be considered subversive in most civilised countries, including Italy.

Subversive; challenging or attempting to subvert an established form of government or institutional power? It doesn’t necessarily attract a critical or insulting label/definition if that’s what you mean?

25 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Subversive; challenging or attempting to subvert an established form of government or institutional power? It doesn’t necessarily attract a critical or insulting label/definition if that’s what you mean?

What I'm suggesting is that it's not subversive to fight to uphold the constitution of your country. So long as you do so legally of course. If a local gang were sharing profits from protection rackets to get legal cover in Scotland, and somebody on a radio show revealed it and took the pish, he wouldn't normally be labelled as a political subversive.

Edited by welshbairn

What I'm suggesting is that it's not subversive to fight to uphold the constitution of your country. So long as you do so legally of course.

Giuseppe’s own brother Giovanni described themselves as;

‘if anything we were subversives who made nuisances of ourselves’ according to wkp?

I’m sure Pep can give us the full score, and what Impastato himself might have thought on the whole Brexit matter, just to keep the thread on track?[emoji6]