Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What bit? I’m only reporting what i’ve read. I also don’t think that the right minded members of the public will accept that and will protest.

Not having a go at you m8. I'm just doubting the validity of the twitter reports re. May progressing a no deal

You're suggesting that someone put something on Twitter that may not be accurate?

I find that hard to believe!

An united Ireland would be great.

Mostly cause it would wipe the shite stain of NI off the map.

Oooft, can almost taste the bitter hatred in that post, not very ‘Scottish’ at all eh Pal!?

FWIW, I’d be happy for Norn Iron to stay in the CU and for Scotland to demand that we follow. The whole idea of Brexit might then collapse altogether and put an end to this whole fuckin mess.

18 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Oooft, can almost taste the bitter hatred in that post, not very ‘Scottish’ at all eh Pal!?

FWIW, I’d be happy for Norn Iron to stay in the CU and for Scotland to demand that we follow. The whole idea of Brexit might then collapse altogether and put an end to this whole fuckin mess.

Scotland can't demand anything Wes, just the way you like it.  We'll get what England decides is best for England.

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not having a go at you m8. I'm just doubting the validity of the twitter reports re. May progressing a no deal

Think she's doing what she has to in the short term to avoid a leadership challenge and that further down the line sanity will prevail and what will amount to a CU will be agreed to.  We have already seen her cave into pressure once on that.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Scotland can't demand anything Wes, just the way you like it.  We'll get what England decides is best for England.

If NI retained a border with the EU, reckon we could make a reasonable case too Pep. Once this absolute farce reaches an incredibly noisy crescendo down south, (yes, even MORE chaotic than it appears now) perhaps the tables will turn! Hopeful maybe, but there’s still time imo. I have faith in our fair & right minded English brothers and sisters.

Locking ourselves away in the scullery with the lights off makes no sense at all.

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

If NI retained a border with the EU, reckon we could make a reasonable case too Pep. Once this absolute farce reaches an incredibly noisy crescendo down south, (yes, even MORE chaotic than it appears now) perhaps the tables will turn! Hopeful maybe, but there’s still time imo. I have faith in our fair & right minded English brothers and sisters.

Locking ourselves away in the scullery with the lights off makes no sense at all.

We can make the best case ever.  Still won't mean fk all if England says no (which it already has effectively).  Just the way craven shitehawks like you like it.

England will decide what happens to Scotland according to what it believes to be in England's best interests.  Just the way craven shitehawks like you like it.

I'm sorry if I don't share your faith in the wisdom of a country that voted for brexit and votes Tory three quarters of the time.

What would you propose Wes if n Ireland is allowed to stay in the CU bit Scotland not?  What do we do then?

Edited by Peppino Impastato

We can make the best case ever.  Still won't mean fk all if England says no (which it already has effectively).  Just the way craven shitehawks like you like it.

England will decide what happens to Scotland according to what it believes to be in England's best interests.  Just the way craven shitehawks like you like it.

I'm sorry if I don't share your faith in the wisdom of a country that voted for brexit and votes Tory three quarters of the time.

What would you propose Wes if n Ireland is allowed to stay in the CU bit Scotland not?  What do we do then?

Think it’s all or nothing my wee pal. Like I said, hopefully the longer this stretches out the greater chance of the whole thing collapsing. We head back to the table and start working on re-engaging.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Think it’s all or nothing my wee pal. Like I said, hopefully the longer this stretches out the greater chance of the whole thing collapsing. We head back to the table and start working on re-engaging.

Lol.  Re engaging with who over what.  And who said it's all or nothing.  The British government, whose salad you would crawl over broken glass to toss, have already said more than once there can be no differentiated agreement for Scotland.  But are now considering one for n Ireland.  So what is Scotland to do about that Wes?

Lead the UK not leave it.  Yeah that's worked out well.

You'll notice Wes has gone very quiet.

Just enjoying the afternoon sun with a cold beer and spot of Bartok thanks Pep. It’s mildly entertaining but not particularly edifying to follow and reply to your every rant and ramble on here, sorry pal.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Just enjoying the afternoon sun with a cold beer and spot of Bartok thanks Pep. It’s mildly entertaining but not particularly edifying to follow and reply to your every rant and ramble on here, sorry pal.

Lol.  No answer.  We all know what you are Wes.  Craven to the bone.

Lol.  No answer.  We all know what you are Wes.  Craven to the bone.

I said at the time on here that a vote for Brexit would only provide further ammunition and leverage to the Separatist movement in Scotland and the Republican agenda in Northern Ireland. Think that’s proved to be correct. If indeed this signifies the final break up of the Union in addition to leaving the EU, the leave vote will have only themselves to blame (if they do actually care). If the majority of Scots vote for Independence on a second Ref, then so be it, same goes for any future vote on a United Ireland, which I can’t see btw, but there you go.
Do I have an answer as to how to get out of this mess, other than retracting article 50? No, but from a Unionist standpoint, it seems I’m not alone between a rock and a hard place.

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I said at the time on here that a vote for Brexit would only provide further ammunition and leverage to the Separatist movement in Scotland and the Republican agenda in Northern Ireland. Think that’s proved to be correct. If indeed this signifies the final break up of the Union in addition to leaving the EU, the leave vote will have only themselves to blame (if they do actually care). If the majority of Scots vote for Independence on a second Ref, then so be it, same goes for any future vote on a United Ireland, which I can’t see btw, but there you go.
Do I have an answer as to how to get out of this mess, other than retracting article 50? No, but from a Unionist standpoint, it seems I’m not alone between a rock and a hard place.

So you do have an answer.  An independece referendum.  Glad to have you on board Wes.  Coincidentally enough the Scottish parliament has already voted for one.

No such thing as separatists in Scotland though Wes, we want to keep Scotland together not separate it.  Just plan on leaving this rotten union.

So you do have an answer.  An independece referendum.  Glad to have you on board Wes.  Coincidentally enough the Scottish parliament has already voted for one.

No such thing as separatists in Scotland though Wes, we want to keep Scotland together not separate it.  Just plan on leaving this rotten union.

What’s your next step if Scotland votes no in another referendum?