Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Loving the fop-haired bumbling f*ckswit's comments this morning.

'No point in having a soft Brexit. The UK would become just another Norway'.

Leaving his casual racism aside, does he mean 'Norway', the country with the highest standard of living worldwide ?

The UK could only dream about becoming another Norway, but will never, ever get there.

If Scotland was independent we would be in a much better position than Norway, as we have much more in the way of renewable resources. Richest country in the world if we weren't shackled to Westminster

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Loving the fop-haired bumbling f*ckswit's comments this morning.

'No point in having a soft Brexit. The UK would become just another Norway'.

Leaving his casual racism aside, does he mean 'Norway', the country with the highest standard of living worldwide ?

The UK could only dream about becoming another Norway, but will never, ever get there.

He probably means a Norway as a complete backwater, nonentity country.
He's right tbh. The UK is a far more important country and has a much better international presence.

Norway uses it's oil to look after it's citizens and has a high standard of living but even with the UK's austerity and Brexit, people would still rather come to the UK than go to Norway.

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

He probably means a Norway as a complete backwater, nonentity country.
He's right tbh. The UK is a far more important country and has a much better international presence.

Norway uses it's oil to look after it's citizens and has a high standard of living but even with the UK's austerity and Brexit, people would still rather come to the UK than go to Norway.

This is one of the problems with UK nationalism. As long as appearances and acknowledgement on the world stage are maintained, living standards can go to hell,  the economy can be based on constant debt accumulation, and the home nations can be raped of their resources (since Johnny Foreigner stopped letting us).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the UK is the national equivalent of a pished, senile old general, covered in old medals, falling around a dinner party shouting about how important he still is.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Trumpesque levels of denial from this utter cretin.  Heartbreaking that a charlatan like this and give it al will hugely negatively impact the living standards of millions of people through his utter delusions.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Willfully, ideologically underfunding the NHS while spouting this shit is a disgrace. It folds my mind how people still entertain it.

That's how they plan to privatise it, Hunt has already said any increase in funding for the NHS from now on will have to come from private sources.  As they won't be putting any more money in.

That's what you call a Hegelian dialectic, create the problem (underfund the NHS deliberately) then offer the solution (private investment) to alleviate the problem you artificially created.

I wouldn't take an academic seriously if they use the phrase "lose out pretty big time". Similar to a president saying he was, like, a genius.

To be fair, my wife is slightly worried about the affect not only on EU students but on the academic staff that she works beside. Hopefully this will be sensibly dealt with during the negotiations but I'm not holding on to much hope given the fucking incompetents who are in charge of it.

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15845894.Scottish_universities_will_lose_out__quot_big_time_quot__from_Brexit__says_top_academic/?ref=twtrec

Scottish universities will lose out "big time" from Brexit, says top academic Prof Andrea Nolan

Another remoaner. 

Accept the democratic vote ffs!