Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Everyone should be made to write down a list of the most important 100 things in their lives.

If the ‘British passport’ makes it on to that list they should lose their right to vote.

We owe this to future generations.

.. and I will be absolutely fuming if we leave the EU and they don't bring back the BBC test card !!

Test Card.jpg

I'll never understand the obsession with blue passport covers and the really trivial aspects of leaving the EU from the majority of Leave voters. 

I found my 1988 passport

And it’s black

Not dark blue, black

Not a bluish Black but a proper Spinal Tap, New Zealand Rugby, goth chick lipstick black

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

.. and I will be absolutely fuming if we leave the EU and they don't bring back the BBC test card !!

Test Card.jpg

And the Marathon bar and Opal Fruits! And IZAL toilet paper and stale sandwiches on BRITISH Rail! 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

And the Marathon bar and Opal Fruits! And IZAL toilet paper and stale sandwiches on BRITISH Rail! 

Cholera and rickets.  

We will never get back to the good old days until both of these return.

21 hours ago, Cerberus said:

How old do you need to be to remember them all and want them 'brought back'?
At least 50?

Old people are loathsome.

I think you'd need to be older than that. The death penalty was abolished in 1965, I doubt a 5 year old would remember much about it, I'd reckon you'd need to have been born in 1955 to realise there was such a thing, so you'd need to be 62.

And I find that survey absolutely ludicrous - who would want to bring back lsd instead of the decimal coinage? Or pounds and ounces? I don't remember dark blue passports and I'm 65, the only colour I remember is the current one. And what are incandescent light bulbs? If I knew what they were, I might be in favour of them!

I think you'd need to be older than that. The death penalty was abolished in 1965, I doubt a 5 year old would remember much about it, I'd reckon you'd need to have been born in 1955 to realise there was such a thing, so you'd need to be 62.
And I find that survey absolutely ludicrous - who would want to bring back lsd instead of the decimal coinage? Or pounds and ounces? I don't remember dark blue passports and I'm 65, the only colour I remember is the current one. And what are incandescent light bulbs? If I knew what they were, I might be in favour of them!

I'm younger than you and I had several of the old passports, I found my last one in a drawer the other week and it was issued in 1984

4 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

I'm younger than you and I had several of the old passports, I found my last one in a drawer the other week and it was issued in 1984

I probably didn't have a passport until the blue ones were abolished by EU diktak done away with, I honestly don't remember the blue ones.