Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Looks like the MSM is starting to recognise that we’ve not really moved forward.  It will be interesting to see what the weekend papers and politics shows make of it.

I’m pleasantly surprised the hardline Tories are not up in arms.  Im beginning to think this could be our best chance of avoiding Brexit completely and imagined they would have recognised this too.

I think the opposite to be honest. I think a choice between no deal and remain would have seen a big push to rethink the whole thing. Although this deal is obviously worse than what we have now, I think people will just go along with it because it's not going to be the total disaster that we could have had.

56 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I think the opposite to be honest. I think a choice between no deal and remain would have seen a big push to rethink the whole thing. Although this deal is obviously worse than what we have now, I think people will just go along with it because it's not going to be the total disaster that we could have had.

I would understand that argument if we were dealing with rational people but the hard line Brexiteers have never been rational.

I don’t think it’s over yet.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:51, Granny Danger said:

I’m pleasantly surprised the hardline Tories are not up in arms.  Im beginning to think this could be our best chance of avoiding Brexit completely and imagined they would have recognised this too.

Yup I expected someone from Britannia Unchained, perhaps the recently sacked Priti Patel to have raised the flag for a low regulation, tiger economy.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would understand that argument if we were dealing with rational people but the hard line Brexiteers have never been rational.

I don’t think it’s over yet.

Farage and co are not going to go away obviously, but a huge chunk of Leave voters never wanted a Hard Brexit so now that Theresa May has finally been forced to follow what rationality dictates rather than pandering any further to the crazier portion of Leave opinion I think it will be difficult to reverse the momentum towards a soft Brexit revolving around a Canada style free trade deal with a transition period extended until it can be fully implemented.

So after all these months of negotiating we have a “gentlemen’s agreement” between Davis and Barnier!

For some reason the phraseology  reminded me of term “Parcel of rogues” which may be more appropriate.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

So after all these months of negotiating we have a “gentlemen’s agreement” between Davis and Barnier!

For some reason the phraseology  reminded me of term “Parcel of rogues” which may be more appropriate.

I think the three preconditions that the EU set were quite fair.

1. Don't f**k with our people.

2. Don't f**k with our money.

3. Don't feck with Ireland.

There might be nothing set in stone but the UK has been given a reality check.

The Rand Corporation, an influential think tank which advises both the US & UK governments has said that any type of brexit will leave the UK much worse off with no deal being by far the worst.

I fucking despise Think Tanks. Full of self-appointed experts who lead our naive and easily led politicians astray. It was probably a Think Tank who came up with those messages on the side of a bus.