Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Could be a massive opportunity for northern ireland, alas it is governed by cretins. 

At the moment we're being sort of governed from Westminster, so you're right.

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Sadiq Khan wants a special deal for London if NI gets one! :lol:

He’s right, and Scotland should be doing the same.

This whole border thing is a sad reminder that there is a part of the UK where religious sectarianism is the defining political factor.  It’s easy to forget that when being critical of religious squabbles in other parts of the world.

2 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

This deal must surely mean the end of the Tory/dup coalition. Which might mean a new election. 

Only if Corbyn is clever enough to exploit the situation.  I’m not sure he is.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s right, and Scotland should be doing the same.

This whole border thing is a sad reminder that there is a part of the UK where religious sectarianism is the defining political factor.  It’s easy to forget that when being critical of religious squabbles in other parts of the world.

I'm only 24 and I'm pretty ignorant around the NI/Rep troubles in the past, but I applied for a job last night in Ireland and was still asked the question if I was Catholic or Protestant. Found it a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm only 24 and I'm pretty ignorant around the NI/Rep troubles in the past, but I applied for a job last night in Ireland and was still asked the question if I was Catholic or Protestant. Found it a bit weird.

Aye, the Priesthood are like that.

Welsh First Minister joins the debate

We cannot allow different parts of the UK to be more favourably treated than others. If one part of the UK is granted continued participation in the Single Market & Customs Union, then we fully expect to be made the same offer.

Your turn Richard Leonard..........

Ooops latest news - no deal today!

Only if Corbyn is clever enough to exploit the situation.  I’m not sure he is.

Corbyn can whip every single one of his MPs and indeed everyone outside the Tories, it won’t make a difference. 2/3rds majority vote needed to call an election.

I would be astonished if any Tories agreed to an election. Far more likely they’ll form a minority government and sack May.

Can somebody tell me why the DUP backed Brexit? Their position seems to be a bit all over the place. 

Surely all the things they want to happen would be best arrived at by remaining in the EU. Or am I missing something?

First person to mention the Treaty Of Rome gets a gold star.

Fascinating afternoon - virtually all political decisions are leaked in advance these days so there are few surprises.

Admittedly the leaks were coming from Brussels & Dublin (according to the BBC) but how incompetent is TM in not getting Arlene Fraser & the DUP onside?

I was listening to the BBC correspondent saying he'd gone from virtually certain a deal would be announced in the morning to being 50/50 only to have to finish the sentence with "there'll be no deal today"! :wacko: