Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

15 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

People are stupid.
I don't think social media helps- not Brexit related but the same shit goes around about the EU.
I saw some ridiculous statistic posted as fact.
Immigrants apparently get their housing paid for, then on top of that they get something like £27 a day in food vouchers per person!
The synopsis was "£756 for a family of 4 per week, on food! No, they are buying vodka & cigarettes with this money, selling them on, then sending the proceeds back to whatever land they came from" utter tripe with thousands of "likes".
Stop the planet, I want to get off.

So you don't have kids outside events selling candy bars for their "football team trip," when everyone knows it's really kids laundering their parents food stamps into cash through bulk candy? Our food stamp program in the US is probably at least half fraud. I can't imagine it's much different in the UK. Specifically regarding immigrants, every immigrant working an under the table job has his family on food stamps. Benefit fraud is one of the massive costs never included in the PC studies which pretend to show that immigration is a net win for the economy. 

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

So you don't have kids outside events selling candy bars for their "football team trip," when everyone knows it's really kids laundering their parents food stamps into cash through bulk candy? Our food stamp program in the US is probably at least half fraud. I can't imagine it's much different in the UK. Specifically regarding immigrants, every immigrant working an under the table job has his family on food stamps. Benefit fraud is one of the massive costs never included in the PC studies which pretend to show that immigration is a net win for the economy. 

Food stamps? Candy bars? Have I been away too long?

Seen an interview on tv this morning with Angela Merkels deputy basically he was asked about trade and he repeating the european stance "no talks about trade until eu nationals/irish border and divorce bill" were sorted out first

Seen an interview on tv this morning with Angela Merkels deputy basically he was asked about trade and he repeating the european stance "no talks about trade until eu nationals/irish border and divorce bill" were sorted out first

But according the bbc they are being intransigent and Teresa can't understand why, as she is being so very very flexible during these negotiations

5 hours ago, bob the tank said:

But according the bbc they are being intransigent and Teresa can't understand why, as she is being so very very flexible during these negotiations

Trade isn't dependent on May simply reassuring the EU that citizens currently in the UK will be fine. One of the key tenets of the EU is freedom of movement for all its citizens. I'm not sure how the UK can expect a trade deal without signing up. That issue is also at the heart of the Irish question. The only way the Irish question can be dealt with is by allowing the UK to operate its standard border procedures at ROI entry points. As far as I can see anyway. I don't see the ROI giving up that sort of control and I'm not sure they could do so without full member state approval. It will also require ROI nationals to be given a different status from any other European national which allows them to come and go with no interference from the UK. Why would the EU sign up to that but not insist on the same right applying to others just because there isn't a land border. 

Clusterfuck doesn't really cover it. You're either out or not. Or you're making it up on the hoof. 

Edited by HTG

11 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Tripe !

I think some people voted Leave because they don't regard themselves as European.
Some see us paying in and don't see what we get in return.
Some see this island as being a little bit overcrowded - especially in part of England.
Some want to return to a past that never was.
Some don't like all these foreigners talking foreign languages that they don't understand.
A lot of people have no idea what these trade deals are about and how any of it will affect their lives.
There are any number of reasons.
However, all those saying it is going to be great are demonstrating the best techniques of a snake oil salesman.
Nothing suggests to me that they really have a plan.
All the economic indicators are pointing downwards.
Yet those who voted Leave continue to state that they voted Leave and expect the politicians to square the circle - and  from politicians who probably failed geometry at primary school.

The "Leave means Leave" mantra that they parrot shows how fucking stupid many of them are.

At no point were we asked the terms of leaving despite what these c***s tell you.

5 hours ago, HTG said:

Trade isn't dependent on May simply reassuring the EU that citizens currently in the UK will be fine. One of the key tenets of the EU is freedom of movement for all its citizens. I'm not sure how the UK can expect a trade deal without signing up. That issue is also at the heart of the Irish question. The only way the Irish question can be dealt with is by allowing the UK to operate its standard border procedures at ROI entry points. As far as I can see anyway. I don't see the ROI giving up that sort of control and I'm not sure they could do so without full member state approval. It will also require ROI nationals to be given a different status from any other European national which allows them to come and go with no interference from the UK. Why would the EU sign up to that but not insist on the same right applying to others just because there isn't a land border. 

Clusterfuck doesn't really cover it. You're either out or not. Or you're making it up on the hoof. 

There are other EU countries that have hard borders with non EU countries.  

What makes the UK think that they can have a border arrangement with the ROI that is different from these other countries?

There are other EU countries that have hard borders with non EU countries.  
What makes the UK think that they can have a border arrangement with the ROI that is different from these other countries?

Because we pay all the old people in the eu pensions or german cars

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The "Leave means Leave" mantra that they parrot shows how fucking stupid many of them are.

At no point were we asked the terms of leaving despite what these c***s tell you.

Leave means Leave.
Brexit means Brexit

.. and Onomatopoeia means Onomatopoeia.

Actually it just means how evasive they all are and unable to agree on anything meaningful.

"Are we all agreed that Brexit means Brexit?"
"Yes.  Unanimous.  We all agree on that."
" and are we all agreed that Leave means Leave?"
"Yes. Absolutely."
".. and we need to expel the foreigners."
"Um er."
".. and leave the single market."
"well maybe."
"Okay.  Understood.  .. but we all agree that X means X and Y means Y?"
"Yes."

"Okay then.  I see where you are coming from.  Let me think this over."

Leave means Leave.
Brexit means Brexit
.. and Onomatopoeia means Onomatopoeia.
Actually it just means how evasive they all are and unable to agree on anything meaningful.
"Are we all agreed that Brexit means Brexit?"
"Yes.  Unanimous.  We all agree on that."
" and are we all agreed that Leave means Leave?"
"Yes. Absolutely."
".. and we need to expel the foreigners."
"Um er."
".. and leave the single market."
"well maybe."
"Okay.  Understood.  .. but we all agree that X means X and Y means Y?"
"Yes."
"Okay then.  I see where you are coming from.  Let me think this over."

I think a lot of us just don't care what happens. We're morbidly fascinated by it all. Anyway, I say 'get on with it!'

Hopefully my fellow mental moronic Brexiters take up the battle cry. All you sensible liberal elite cuntbags can bolt. You lost.

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I think a lot of us just don't care what happens. We're morbidly fascinated by it all. Anyway, I say 'get on with it!'

Hopefully my fellow mental moronic Brexiters take up the battle cry. All you sensible liberal elite cuntbags can bolt. You lost.

You won.
You're prize is a shiny new wheelbarrow in which you can carry your pound notes to buy a loaf of bread.

You won.

You're prize is a shiny new wheelbarrow in which you can carry your pound notes to buy a loaf of bread.

Yessss!!!! Will the wheelbarrow be delivered?

Actually, I hardly eat bread these days. I'll ask for Aldi's cheap and cheery Swiss style (grrrr damn you EU!) muesli instead. Comes in handy boxes for easy stacking in my shiny new wheelbarrow.