Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/28/brexit-the-eu-nationals-exiting-britain-a-bit-of-me-is-dying-but-i-cant-stay?CMP=share_btn_tw

'A bit of me is dying. But I can’t stay': the EU nationals exiting Britain

Feeling betrayed and bewildered after years in the UK, many EU citizens are leaving before Brexit. And some Britons are going too …

Stupid selfish leave voters.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/28/brexit-the-eu-nationals-exiting-britain-a-bit-of-me-is-dying-but-i-cant-stay?CMP=share_btn_tw

Feeling betrayed and bewildered after years in the UK, many EU citizens are leaving before Brexit. And some Britons are going too …

Ta ta. keep believing the fear propaganda.(AKA bullshit)

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I wonder if doubling their  wages ( doubling, mind!!!) had anything to do witht heir decision.......seriously, these type of reports are politically biased, absolute bullshit and anyone who believes any part of that bollocks is a mug. Are you saying , B Parp, that you believe that report or are you merely drawing our attention to it.....?

40 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I wonder if doubling their  wages ( doubling, mind!!!) had anything to do witht heir decision.......seriously, these type of reports are politically biased, absolute bullshit and anyone who believes any part of that bollocks is a mug. Are you saying , B Parp, that you believe that report or are you merely drawing our attention to it.....?

If they gained jobs at double their salary within days of posting their salaries online then it is reasonable to assume that they would've been able to get those jobs previously.  

That they didn't leave, despite being able to massively increase their income makes it very clear that they are leaving because of the way they were treated in the aftermath of the Brexit vote.

So, it's not an untruth to say that they are leaving because of Brexit.

Theirs is but one example in the article.  I think we can safely assume, unless shown otherwise, that all those leaving are not doubling their salaries by going.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can the Brexiteers come up with anyone who will gain by us leaving the EU? An individual would do, doesn't have to be an industry or social group.

I actually think that some sectors of the hospitality industry here will do well.  If they can use the benefits of the week pound and mitigate the loss of migrant labour then they they could make that work.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I could probably name you several million people, but none of them live or work in the UK

Aye, people who get paid in other currencies but like to buy Marmite once in a while.

Just now, Cerberus said:

Tommy Robinson won't have to look at as many brown people. 

Boris has said that by stopping people immigrating from the EU we'll be able to let more people in from the Commonwealth. So he could be disappointed.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:20, Cerberus said:

DE7je1HXkAAM_xz.jpg

David Davis came to the negotiations well prepared I see.

The guy is painfully out his depth.

Finally, I have got this clarified.

Britain's position is written on the back of a fag packet.
Restrictions on displaying said packet mean we can't show you anything - but it is there!

Stop moaning

15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

......seriously, these type of reports are politically biased.....

Or maybe reality is finally sinking in as is also the case where the future shape of the NI-RoI border is concerned:

http://www.businessinsider.com/irish-taoiseach-border-brexiteers-northern-ireland-republic-2017-7

Can remember when I would post about the possibility of a hard border post-Brexit on here and was basically dismissed as making it all up because Common Travel Area, Good Friday Agreement etc. What will be interesting to watch will be what it does to SNP support when it becomes clear that separate EU membership alongside a Brexit rUK would mean custom checks and passport controls at Gretna, Coldstream and Berwick.

Or maybe reality is finally sinking in as is also the case where the future shape of the NI-RoI border is concerned:
http://www.businessinsider.com/irish-taoiseach-border-brexiteers-northern-ireland-republic-2017-7
Can remember when I would post about the possibility of a hard border post-Brexit on here and was basically dismissed as making it all up because Common Travel Area, Good Friday Agreement etc. What will be interesting to watch will be what it does to SNP support when it becomes clear that separate EU membership alongside a Brexit rUK would mean custom checks and passport controls at Gretna, Coldstream and Berwick.

Do you mean independence support or just SNP support?

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

On the other hand they might learn how frictionless a border can be. There is no way they're going to put a hard border between the North and South.

Edited by welshbairn

^^^Still in denial as to what leaving a customs union implies. There were probably also people that assumed there was no way there was ever going to a hard border between the Czech Republic and Slovakia after the Velvet Divorce but they soon found out otherwise:

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/books/paul-kaye-twenty-years-of-the-czech-slovak-border

It's not just Nigel and co that are in for a rude awakening on this.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine more work and energy is being put into something like the above behind the scenes than any sort of "divorce deal".

How do we get out of this shitstorm without the electorate feeling like they have been ignored....

Someone did a poll asking if EU immigrants could be deported if they weren't in work after 3-6 months, would you vote remain. Big majority said yes, and a smaller majority when the current rules including the powers that Cameron negotiated were laid out.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine more work and energy is being put into something like the above behind the scenes than any sort of "divorce deal".

How do we get out of this shitstorm without the electorate feeling like they have been ignored....

It would be nice to think so but the Tories need Brexit to be able to kill off UKIP once and for all and have the numbers at Westminster along with the DUP (who are terrified of what Corbyn might do if he was in power instead handling this) to see this through to the hard border type outcome. It will probably take about a generation to undo the damage inflicted economically and build the momentum needed politically to successfully re-enter.

It probably will need the whole baby boom generation and their twilight of the Empire era mindset that skewed their votes strongly to the Leave side to have departed the scene to get to a point where either the Tories or Labour (more likely of the two obviously) will feel 100% comfortable pushing a strongly pro-EU posture in the context of a general election. Initially it will have to be the Lib Dems.