Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, Shades75 said:

I asked you for a link to the article.  That such a benign request elicits such a fury laden and angry retort is a worry.  That's not normal, proportionate or acceptable in all but the most gutterall of environments.  From that kind of response, one must assume that polite company is not one in which you can exist.  Therefore, one must assume that you are not used to intelligent conversation and respectable exchanges of views.  From those premises, we must all reach our own conclusions as to how you live, work and manage relationships.  I'll reach mine and change them as and when there is evidence to the contrary.

Let's also just remember that, when you whine about being attacked, bullied, abused, mis-represented, singled out, dis-respected or maligned....

...that you are a frequent liar, too.

take this as my last post to you on this subject here.  As a gratuity, you can have the last word.  See if you can write something, suitably insulting of course, that doesn't add to your growing list of prejudices and social faux pas.

I, for one, am not sure that you are capable.

You're still greetin'.....

You asked for a ink to an article and then I explained that you can go pick up a copy of the actual print edition yourself........yes, still,  even in 2017.

You lost the pretence of intelligent conversation with your  sarcastic response to my original post thereby setting the tone for our exchange.

My  previous complaints have been well justified as you well know and for you to dismiss and disparage that makes you complicit.

You call me a liar...??????? eh?

Btw Topcat has provided  a link  in a post ^^^ and I thank him for that, although I find it quite telling that your only source of information seems to be online.

3 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

What are people who are asking for evidence and explanations actually expecting from McSpreader here? He's clearly not giving you anything and is going to continue as normal every single time.

Wind it in........Topcat has provided the link......I provided a place for the tangible evidence ......What more could you possibly want?

I have been exonerated. Apology accepted!

6 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Btw Topcat has provided  a link  in a post ^^^ and I thank him for that, although I find it quite telling that your only source of information seems to be online.

So do I.  It shows that he is one of the smart ones as he no longer spends money to read "news" (old news at that).  

11 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

What are people who are asking for evidence and explanations actually expecting from McSpreader here? He's clearly not giving you anything and is going to continue as normal every single time.

Gavin Lee on BBC1 News ( Breakfast) is reporting from Brussels this morning on the progress of the Brexit negotiations and has just re-iterated my claim that 98 negotiators are present for the UK side.

So I have the BBC and The Independent newspaper and the online PressRelease  website that TopCat linked to all backing my claim that over 95 Brexit negotiators are batting for Britain........

Anyone else like to call me a liar? I am so f*cking exonerated it's delicious! 

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

So do I.  It shows that he is one of the smart ones as he no longer spends money to read "news" (old news at that).  

There is a lot more to newspapers than 'news' and I like to get my information from a range of sources.....Radio,  UK TV,  Foreign TV networks,Internet , Print and  Word of Mouth.

I also occasionally deploy common sense to sift out the wheat from the chaff rather than slavishly spewing varbatim fake, opinionated news reports from unverified and unqualified online news/information sites. 

I'm convinced my way is the 'smart' way as proven by my posts in this thread.

According to the BBC negotiations are not progressing particularly well, largely because the UK side do not have clear direction from their political masters.  Since there will be no development of trade talks until other maters are resolved it looks like getting a firm agreement by the Brexit deadline is receeding.

It will be interesting to see what the EU's position will be if it looks like the deadline date will not be reached, personally I think it could be largely determined by whether Labour's stance on Brexit looks like it might change.  Maybe Corbyn will pop his clogs with the prospect of a future government of a different complexion offering folk a second vote.

You're still greetin'.....
You asked for a ink to an article and then I explained that you can go pick up a copy of the actual print edition yourself........yes, still,  even in 2017.
You lost the pretence of intelligent conversation with your  sarcastic response to my original post thereby setting the tone for our exchange.
My  previous complaints have been well justified as you well know and for you to dismiss and disparage that makes you complicit.
You call me a liar...??????? eh?

It was really quite easy to find and post a link.

You must have put more energy into being a dick about not doing it than it took to actually do it.

Anyway the whole thing is a bit of a red herring.

Using headcount as a proxy for anything else is going to be somewhere between questionable and utter bollocks

If having 98 negotiators were intrinsically better than 45 negotiators then why doesn't the government take it really seriously and go for 198, or 300?

In truth the problem was never going to be a lack of manpower as much as a lack of any coherent plan beyond "Brexit means Brexit"

It really is about time they came up with a serious plan.

They owe it to you and 52% of the electorate to tell you what it was you actually voted for.

How I imagine the UK negotiators were recruited.

David Davis : Justin we're in a bit of a pickle here do you think you could talk to these Euro chaps?

J : Well I'm a bit tied up with the amateur dramatic society at the moment.

DD : Nigel, Jason and Teddy are going.

J : Well, I'll ask Gertrude what she thinks. Will I get paid?

DD : Of course we still have some of the fund that we bribed er allocated to the DUP

J : I won't have to speak French or eat any foreign food will I ?

DD : No no we will send a British chef over

J : What if these EU types start talking figures or asking difficult questions?

DD : Just keep saying brexit means brexit louder and louder. If necessary slap your fist on the table and stamp your feet.

J : Er ok

Totally impossible that it will be resolved by March 2019. There have already been rumours that Theresa May plans to flince out of the talks in the autumn- presumably to cover the humiliating absence of a clear set of strategic aims, or idea how to get there, as well as a miserably shallow civil service pool to actually deal with all this incredibly complicated stuff.

Meanwhile, the ferociously left wing "Business Insider UK" has a chat with a former UK diplomat in the EU who is scathing about this government's atrocious performance on Brexit so far.

Increasingly it looks like Brexit not only won't but can't happen- not because of a lack of political will, but because of a lack of political competence.

12 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Just watched Barnier and Davis's press conference.

It seems inevitable to me that some aspects of this divorce will end up in court.  I don't think there's anyway that this will be resolved by March 2019 either.

Can't see how it will make it to and through court in time for the EU so crashing out becoming a certainty (because that's what the foam at the mouth racists and b*****ds wanted in the first place).

I still give McSpreader attention sometimes so I can't be that smart

I'll also pay for the print versions of weeklies like the economist or new scientist if I've got a long train journey or something

Weeklies are a bit of an exception to your logic as they've always been about the depth of their coverage rather than the daily newspaper model which was traditionally about getting the story fast
Online is intrinsically faster which means that print is not just being undercut but continually scooped by digital and broadcast

The change isn't specific to political journalism

If you look at old match reports from the archives you see that the style is a lot more factual, telling you the key events of the game but adding little comment. In modern match reporting the reader can be assumed to have seen footage of most of the key events so there's more of an interpretive approach and more focus on what managers had to say afterwards.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder how much it will cost to duplicate all the institutions and regulatory bodies that we now share with 27 other nations.

As much as possible to take back control and keep those immigrants from coming in

ETA: We should really rename the thread "Brexit: the farce"

Edited by zidane's child