Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Corbyn's position on Independence doesn't really bother me, I wouldn't expect him to support it. If I was in England, I'd happily vote for him.

Its the Scottish Unionists and their determination to conflate everything with Independence that make it impossible for me to vote for any of them. 

2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Davis tweeted that last May before the referendum.

One of the leaders of the leave campaign, and our brexit secretary, didn't know that the EU negotiates trade deals as one entity. Germany aren't free to negotiate a deal with us, or anyone else.

Or more likely he did know and was deliberately misleading people.

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Looks like the Scottish Gov can choose to block the Great Repeal Bill... actually now just called Repeal Bill.
Muchos Pleasing

Surprised to see the PM talking up this scenario.

I wonder if they've all clocked that this is a terrible idea and would actually love Scotland to disrupt the whole thing.

16 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Looks like the Scottish Gov can choose to block the Great Repeal Bill... actually now just called Repeal Bill.
Muchos Pleasing

I seem to remember being told this couldn't happen. :wacko: 

Firstly, the justices said that while Scottish Parliament and Welsh and Northern Ireland Assemblies had a role in administering EU rules and law (for example, in relation to agriculture) they have no constitutional role in making or breaking the international treaties that lie behind those responsibilities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38733090

There seems to be a growing realization that whatever Brexit deal we eventually achieve is likely to be worse for the UK than what we currently have, yet the general feeling is that we've made our bed and now we've got to lie in it. Not for the first time in my life I'm baffled.

Edited by btb

Surprised to see the PM talking up this scenario.
I wonder if they've all clocked that this is a terrible idea and would actually love Scotland to disrupt the whole thing.

Not going to happen.

Imagine the seethe though. Nigel Farage would be foaming at the mouth along with millions of little englanders.

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Not going to happen.

Imagine the seethe though. Nigel Farage would be foaming at the mouth along with millions of little englanders.

UKIP campaigning to throw Scotland out of the Union. :lol:

News today been full of farmers bemoaning the impact that brexit will have on their businesses.

Including 2 from England who voted leave and now say they are facing ruin because of lack of staff.

My first inclination was to mock but perhaps if more see the damage they have inflicted we can reverse this idiocy?

Michael Gove at the royal highland show talking about 'tariff free access to the EU' on the news.

I just cannot see this happening at all unless freedom of movement continues which is what this is all about really.

It seemed he was getting a pretty easy ride from the fairmers who think he'll see them alright.

Hopefully they're not wrong but I fear they're going to be very disappointed with the result.

11 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Glorious.

I hope he suffers emoji23.png

There's nothing more glorious than your futile and deluded attempts to wrest petty victories from the jaws of yet another crushing defeat.

It's a wonderful source of amusement 8)

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

News today been full of farmers bemoaning the impact that brexit will have on their businesses.

Including 2 from England who voted leave and now say they are facing ruin because of lack of staff.

My first inclination was to mock but perhaps if more see the damage they have inflicted we can reverse this idiocy?

Crystal ball stuff.

No-one yet knows how they will be affected by the Brexit deal .

Maybe the farmers will have to get their hands dirty again.... Maybe the foreign workers will still come even after Brexit. Who knows ?..no-one.

I propose we exercise caution, practice patience and support our nation's attempts to formalise our post EU position. 

I'm sure our nation's success at these negotiations is far more important than you having the Pyrrhic victory all you Remoaners seem to crave for some egotistically driven reason.

d9c5418673ae95609f23062eec666853.jpg

This should have been said months ago, but at least there's now confirmation - on condition of it being reciprocal to U.K. citizens in the EU.