Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

An irrelevant point, given that the majority of immigrants to the UK come from non-EU countries. Countries that the UK does not in fact have a free movement agreement with, and therefore the UK can in no way be described as having an "open borders policy", as you and your fellow cretin have claimed.

Better luck next time. 

How can it be irrelevant. That simply makes no sense to say that.  180,000 people came to the UK from the EU in the year ending March 2016.

Hardly irrelevant, add to that the 190,000 of non EU immigrants then you have an influx of around 370,000 people. That's a city the size of Coventry ......

This has been the case for a couple of decades now. How long is that sustainable? It wouldn't be so bad if we knew who was coming, what their contribution will be and if we could plan for their arrival. The current open borders policy is simply chaos.........No wonder people voted in their millions for change.....

Game over, Neddy!

6 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It's clear that the Government was totally unprepared for a leave vote, but 3 months is far too early to release even an outline plan before any negotiations have even started. Strange how Corbyn seems to have so much to say right now given his near silence prior to the ref. If we have to accept the result we should also be able to expect that parliament will work together in the best interests of the UK as a whole. The current squabbling and point scoring in the HoC isn't helping any of us.

That is spot on!

It's true that nobody, but nobody expected the result, and it is cringeworthy listening to Corbyn piping up now about Brexit.

The trouble with the MP's in Westminster is that they are so far out of touch and at odds with their electorate that there is no hope they wil  back the Brexit negotiations. The next General election will be interesting.

As I suggested on here yesterday. It's time for the Remainers to get with the programme.

The trouble is the EU was all a bit cosy and great for multinationals. They will no doubt be undermining our Brexit negotiations.

16 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

How can it be irrelevant. That simply makes no sense to say that.  180,000 people came to the UK from the EU in the year ending March 2016.

And far more came from outside the EU. From states that the UK doesn't have a freedom of movement agreement with. And make up a fraction of the total number of migrants willing to enter the UK, but can't - because the UK does not in fact have an "open borders policy". 

Thanks for playing anyway, chump. 

We're starting to see it already with those Express/Mail headlines and the likes of McMinter.......but we're not far away from the Remain side being scapegoated for the total shambles that we're in.

"If you moaners had got with the programme this would've worked waaaahhh".

Edit: Disclaimer that this guy is the nuttiest of the nutters out there but this kind of thing:

Edited by Alan Stubbs

23 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

And far more came from outside the EU. From states that the UK doesn't have a freedom of movement agreement with. And make up a fraction of the total number of migrants willing to enter the UK, but can't - because the UK does not in fact have an "open borders policy". 

Thanks for playing anyway, chump. 

I will repeat.....try to read the whole post this time.

Year ending March 2016 .....EU immigrants numbered 180,000.. Free movement/ open border

Non EU.....190,000.......

That's the one's we know about.

A difference of 10,000.......you say 10,000 is far more....fine, no problem with that ....so what does that make the figure of 180,000 then? Fucking humungous!

The fact that 190,000 comes from out of the EU proves we have an open borders policy. People want that changed. They were saying for years they wanted it changed. They weren't listened to. They voted Brexit............ Brexit may or may not provide all the answers these people want but it's part of why they voted Brexit....What part of that are you struggling with? Or is it just the arrogant part of you that is struggling with it because it isn't what little ol' you wanted.? You need to learn how to handle disappointment because you are fucking embarrassing yerself.

Anyway, as I said game over, ........away and play with yerself like you normally do !

25 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

We're starting to see it already with those Express/Mail headlines and the likes of McMinter.......but we're not far away from the Remain side being scapegoated for the total shambles that we're in.

Edit: Disclaimer that this guy is the nuttiest of the nutters out there but this kind of thing:

Do you not think there is a modicum of truth in that? As I've said, these people should start batting for Britain, stop undermining our negotiations and get with the programme. And someone tell Dianne Abbott that wearing thick rimmed spectacles doesn't make her any less  of a thick , cretinous  chancer.

38 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Do you not think there is a modicum of truth in that? As I've said, these people should start batting for Britain, stop undermining our negotiations and get with the programme. And someone tell Dianne Abbott that wearing thick rimmed spectacles doesn't make her any less  of a thick , cretinous  chancer.

No, this shit is very much on the thickos who voted for it.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

john-cleese-no.gif

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Brexit (at least the type the government seems to want) is being undermined by reality more than anything else.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

The people who don't accept that this is a damage limitation exercise are undermining the negotiations.

The people who persist in insisting that we can have our proverbial cake and eat it are undermining the negotiations.

The people insisting that we prioritise immigration at the expense of trade are undermining the negotiations.

Is Brexit the single biggest f**k up that British politics has ever made?

From Cameron wanting it in the first place to the contrast in campaigns from the Leave/Remain camps, plus the economic and political fall-out post Brexit.

I can't think of another time so many events which have escalated so quickly in a 12 week period.

Brexit (at least the type the government seems to want) is being undermine by reality more than anything else.

The government need a scapegoat for when this becomes painfully obvious to those who voted for Brexit. Point the finger at remainers, the EU member states, whoever - anyone but themselves for creating this mess in the first place.

3 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

From Cameron wanting it in the first place to the contrast in campaigns from the Leave/Remain camps, plus the economic and political fall-out post Brexit.

I can't think of another time so many events which have escalated so quickly in a 12 week period.

Almost certainly it is.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

No, this shit is very much on the thickos who voted for it.

Not sure I agree.

This shit is very much on the political class that created this scenario and are now flapping because they don't really know what they are supposed to do next.

I bet if the Germans voted Gerexit they wouldn't be in this mess. 

23 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Not sure I agree.

This shit is very much on the political class that created this scenario and are now flapping because they don't really know what they are supposed to do next.

I bet if the Germans voted Gerexit they wouldn't be in this mess. 

There has been an anti-immigration/foreign culture In society in the U.K. for a few years now. The "coming here and taking our jobs" mentality.

Because our government never really addressed this in their eyes, the EU referendum was a way of protesting against this.

55 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Cameron should get the fuckin jail for this. Fucked the country to save his skin in a general election. Weasel of the highest order and an absolute coward to stroll off and put absolutely no effort into fixing it. Like Blair, he'll be remembered for making an enormous c**t of the job. On the plus side, in winning the election he's absolutely fucked the Union because we're not that daft and we've got better options. It's for my intelligent English friends that I'm saving my limited sympathy. 

16 hours ago, McSpreader said:

A lot of people in business are really happy the pound has  fallen as it was overpriced anyway. That's the problem with having a strong, vibrant economy, stable democracy , a well educated work force with good worker's rights and access to unlimited cheap labour.

This fall is, in part, a correction. Inward investment , already high, could now increase ( if people stopped being negative about Brexit it would happen sooner,) The cost of our goods is now cheaper within foreign markets. Great for exporters. More foreigners will visit the UK because of the low pound. Great for anyone who is involved in tourism.

Every cloud has a silver lining so stop yer fretting.

Image result for this is fine