Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, capybara said:

I dn't believe anyone voted Leave based on this claim. It sounded wrong at the time and I believe people were capable of filtering out the lies like this and the lies from the Remain campaign such as the need for emergency budgets and house prices falling through the floor.

What you have to realise, and what I think you are struggling to grasp, is that people were going to vote Brexit despite the campaigns not because of them.

People in the UK have been waiting for decades to get this one chance to vote us out. Cameron smugly thought he could put UKIP to the sword and silence the Eurosceptics once and for all with this referendum but he failed to grasp the depth and breadth of peoples antipathy to the EU and how ingrained it was.

Whereas the call for Scottish Independence is a relatively new phenomenom ( not amongst the diehards but across the population as a whole) and it's roots are very shallow the seeds of Brexit were sown decades ago and are very, very deep rooted and the actions of the EU and it's acceleration towards ever closer union and the forming of a Empire   Superstate   , free movement of people and their disastrous handling of the refugee/migrant crisis was just like adding Nitrogen , Phosphorous and Potassium to the soil .

Like I said, I don't think younger people really understand how much older ,more wordly wise people detested the construct that is the EU.

Brexit honestly feels like Liberation!

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

I dn't believe anyone voted Leave based on this claim. It sounded wrong at the time and I believe people were capable of filtering out the lies like this and the lies from the Remain campaign such as the need for emergency budgets and house prices falling through the floor.

What you have to realise, and what I think you are struggling to grasp, is that people were going to vote Brexit despite the campaigns not because of them.

People in the UK have been waiting for decades to get this one chance to vote us out. Cameron smugly thought he could put UKIP to the sword and silence the Eurosceptics once and for all with this referendum but he failed to grasp the depth and breadth of peoples antipathy to the EU and how ingrained it was.

Whereas the call for Scottish Independence is a relatively new phenomenom ( not amongst the diehards but across the population as a whole) and it's roots are very shallow the seeds of Brexit were sown decades ago and are very, very deep rooted and the actions of the EU and it's acceleration towards ever closer union and the forming of a Empire   Superstate   , free movement of people and their disastrous handling of the refugee/migrant crisis was just like adding Nitrogen , Phosphorous and Potassium to the soil .

Like I said, I don't think younger people really understand how much older ,more wordly wise people detested the construct that is the EU.

When I woke up on that singular morning and TW told me the hopelessness was now ended, it did feel like liberation. Must have been the same for my parents in 1945.

I honestly can't tell if the above posts are subversive performance or a terrible attempt at trolling. As for comparing Brexit to 1945, if you honestly think that then you need a few hours in front of the World at War. How can you compare anecdotal, tabloid nonsense about straight bananas to having your house bombed?

As for the older, more worldly wise comment. I think some older people still see the UK through a rose tinted prism pre Suez, before the empire was gone, when we still made things etc. There is still a denial from these people that the UK is a sunset economy that has pawned the family silver to try and maintain a shrinking place in the world.

I grasp it fine. I am 57

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I grasp it fine I am 57.

I dn't believe anyone voted Leave based on this claim.

The woman who almost burst out crying on the QT brexit special literally did vote LEAVE on that argument.
She definitely wasn't alone despite what you'll argue.

1 hour ago, Dingus son of Dork said:

I honestly can't tell if the above posts are subversive performance or a terrible attempt at trolling. As for comparing Brexit to 1945, if you honestly think that then you need a few hours in front of the World at War. How can you compare anecdotal, tabloid nonsense about straight bananas to having your house bombed?

As for the older, more worldly wise comment. I think some older people still see the UK through a rose tinted prism pre Suez, before the empire was gone, when we still made things etc. There is still a denial from these people that the UK is a sunset economy that has pawned the family silver to try and maintain a shrinking place in the world.

I wasn't comparing. I was surmising ya dangleberry

2 hours ago, mjw said:

The woman who almost burst out crying on the QT brexit special literally did vote LEAVE on that argument.
She definitely wasn't alone despite what you'll argue.

Maybe he's just saying what a lot of us are thinking, that no-one actually voted on that basis, but used this line as a cover story to hide their racist, xenophobic intentions. :whistle

I spotted rejected Labour candidate (and desperate limelight seeking Brexiter) Tom Harris claiming that it's ridiculous people are expecting a Brexit plan or blueprint, because it's all up for negotiation and the vote was purely on EU membership, not what form it should take.

This is a man who demanded of the "Yes" campaign a plan for leaving the UK and a breakdown of what Scotland outside the UK would look like down to the cost of a stamp ten years from now.

I'm hoping to wake up one day and hope that Brexit doesn't happen. I doubt that will ever be the case so I need to accept it.

It has taught me to never trust politicians again and I probably won't exercise my vote again in any election or referendum because of the lies and false campaign statements.

The behaviour of individuals such as Farage, Gove and Johnson was shocking and then they jump ship after the result. 

I'm now reading today that we may have to pay for Visa's to enter EU countries when we go on holiday etc. I think people solely focused on the immigration problem as their main reason for leaving. If people had thought a bit more carefully about other factors of EU membership then I think Remain would have comfortably won.

58 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I'm hoping to wake up one day and hope that Brexit doesn't happen. I doubt that will ever be the case so I need to accept it.

It has taught me to never trust politicians again and I probably won't exercise my vote again in any election or referendum because of the lies and false campaign statements.

The behaviour of individuals such as Farage, Gove and Johnson was shocking and then they jump ship after the result. 

I'm now reading today that we may have to pay for Visa's to enter EU countries when we go on holiday etc. I think people solely focused on the immigration problem as their main reason for leaving. If people had thought a bit more carefully about other factors of EU membership then I think Remain would have comfortably won.

Just like our very own referendum, we need to accept the result and deal with the consequences. I still maintain Scotland blew it in 2014 and the EU referendum proves it but we just need to hope the country (Scotland, don't care about the rest now, although there is the knock on effect) doesn't suffer too much for it. 

Both campaigns were a farce but if people actually believed the likes of Farage and Boris (where the f'ck are these two by the way?) then we deserve all we get.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just like our very own referendum, we need to accept the result and deal with the consequences. I still maintain Scotland blew it in 2014 and the EU referendum proves it but we just need to hope the country (Scotland, don't care about the rest now, although there is the knock on effect) doesn't suffer too much for it. 

Both campaigns were a farce but if people actually believed the likes of Farage and Boris (where the f'ck are these two by the way?) then we deserve all we get.

The most important lie was by the Prime Minister and his subsequent volte-face has amplified the uncertainty around leaving the EU.

https://www.ft.com/content/54f5f6c5-35ee-3c6e-927c-131cec69d88b