Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:

Racist , xenophobic and cowardly

Really?  Someone may have used the phrase "people born here" and from that one phrase, you can deduce all that?  I am particularly interested in the racist accusation as even if the guy does have a hatred of all foreigners (currently this is unsubstantiated), that does not make someone a racist.

I also don't see that the original post was edited.

4 hours ago, McSpreader said:

instead you just want to slag off good, honest  decent aspirational people who have a different political outlook to you, which is a shame.

It's a good thing you don't suffer from hypocrisy. Otherwise people would view you as a complete and utter cockwomble on here and in life in general.

On 9/7/2016 at 22:06, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If I run a haulage company and I need workers and fewer folk have an HGV licence then I need to pay attractive wages to bring and retain people to my company.

If we have uncontrolled immigration and have a surplus of HGV drivers then pay and conditions stagnate or are reduced- because I can now take my pick and get drivers ten a penny. A race to the bottom ensues.

The same scenario is repeated across many semi skilled industries and people here lose out.

Having concerns about that is perfectly legitimate.

Weird that you're mentioning this - I spent a bit of time working in an employment agency office recently and overheard a senior manager for the agency on the phone to a client down in England, who was looking for drivers and struggling to get people with an HGV licence. From what I gathered the agency were also unable to provide any drivers to the company, the reason being that there was a massive shortage of fully qualified drivers available across the whole UK - the senior manager said that there were plenty of people looking for work that could drive up to 7.5T vehicles but they just couldn't find enough people to fill all the gaps for vacancies driving the bigger vehicles.

It stuck out because I started considering going for an HGV licence on the back of it/recommending it to one or two people I know who might be interested in going down that route.

8 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

It's a good thing you don't suffer from hypocrisy. Otherwise people would view you as a complete and utter cockwomble on here and in life in general.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how it feels to be viewed like that!

( btw ....well done for using 'cockwomble'...I know you've been dying to use that word since you learnt it last week, got any other new terms of abuse you must have worn out all the old ones, ha ha!!?)

10 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how it feels to be viewed like that!

( btw ....well done for using 'cockwomble'...I know you've been dying to use that word since you learnt it last week, got any other new terms of abuse you must have worn out all the old ones, ha ha!!?)

The only "old ones" that are being "worn out" are UK cling ons, desperately clinging on to their final breaths, waiting for old grim to turn up at the door step. Face it, you're a dying pedigree, the unions all washed up.

Happy to enlighten.

6 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

The only "old ones" that are being "worn out" are UK cling ons, desperately clinging on to their final breaths, waiting for old grim to turn up at the door step. Face it, you're a dying pedigree, the unions all washed up.

Happy to enlighten.

And that, folks, is exactly the sort of response I expected from P&B's self proclaimed resident Cockwomble, Scotland's no1 DickMeister. a response that is bordering on abusive, has no basis in fact and is as clear as mud.

The Union has never been stronger, as proven by our new enhanced place in the World as we gear up for Brexit, Team GB and all the latest economic numbers and the Nationalists'  vitriol and perpetual seethe only works against them.

And that, folks, is exactly the sort of response I expected from P&B's self proclaimed resident Cockwomble, Scotland's no1 DickMeister. a response that is bordering on abusive, has no basis in fact and is as clear as mud.

The Union has never been stronger, as proven by our new enhanced place in the World as we gear up for Brexit, Team GB and all the latest economic numbers and the Nationalists'  vitriol and perpetual seethe only works against them.

Paragraph two is award winning comedy gold.

The economy is hanging by a thread. You're clearly a brainless c**t. Sorry if that's bordering on abusive.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:36, Ya Bezzer! said:

Labour Government in name only.  As you said they continued or accelerated virtually ever policy.

I am aware that globalisation is, well, global but it probably wouldn't have happened, at least to the extent that is has, without the policies of the Thatcher/Reagan governments in the late 1970's and 80's. Those were game changers.

As for the good, honest, decent, aspiration people - weren't they just greedy fools? I am to the left, I put my hand up to that, but I think the whole point about this, and now in the United States right now with Trump, is you have Conservative voters, voting for things that aren't Conservative in the slightest.  Wildly radical polices are being sold to a population under the misapprehension that they are 'conservative' and no one has seriously questioned it.

Thatcher /Reagan and the failing of any alternative ideology to provide a counterpoint was a perfect storm.

Not too dissimilar to today's politics  although I don't see May as another Thatcher.

15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

The fact that you base the strength of the UK on how well team GB does in the Olympics shows that you don't have much of a clue about anything tbh. You can't explain or provide anything remotely factual or statistical that would suggest that the UKs place in the world will be "enhanced" after Brexit. You just make it up as you go along.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:20, Cream Cheese said:

The fact that you base the strength of the UK on how well team GB does in the Olympics shows that you don't have much of a clue about anything tbh. You can't explain or provide anything remotely factual or statistical that would suggest that the UKs place in the world will be "enhanced" after Brexit. You just make it up as you go along.

As always you take comments out of context and get all angry and upset. Don't you have some homework to be getting on with?