Sbragia Resigns as u21s Manager

Diamond Oracle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a chance he'll leave Alloa when he could be winning a league title next year.

Don't think he would have to leave but can't see him taking it either

Personally don't think the manager is that big a deal at the under 21s, Sbragia got called a dinosaur and all sorts but every time I watched the under 21s he played a pretty attacking team with footballers in it.

The France game at Pittodrie we were utterly outclassed, we were rotten in the game against Macedonia and we got past a Northern Ireland team that was even worse than ours. Sounds like we took another pumping tonight and after seeing the performance Friday can't say I'm surprised.

Fail to see why Sbragia is getting so much stick, obviously the results weren't good enough and he deserves to go but think he's taking too much of the blame here.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see a management team brought in to handle the entirety of the national football structure.  The first team manager stays with his own roles, but he employs assistants that would handle the youth age groups.  That way there's a direct line from each age group to the first team, and we'd benefit from some joined up thinking.  

Never going to happen though.  The SFA will hire someone they like, they'll continue to - as it sounds - be a completely separate entity from the rest of the sides, and we'll probably see more performances like last night.

9 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Did Wotte not recommend or set up some kind of structure of strategic and tactical consistency/homogeneity between the age groups and the senior side?

If so, I take it we've chucked that out the windae? Wonderful.

Course we have.  We chuck everything that doesn't bear fruit within a year.  Wait ten years for something to happen?!  Get tae f**k!

30 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Did Wotte not recommend or set up some kind of structure of strategic and tactical consistency/homogeneity between the age groups and the senior side?

They do that at Clachnacuddin in the Highland League.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I would have thought that was standard practice for international sides and was pretty stunned when I found out that it isn't the case with Scotland.

Thank god he is gone, he was a Dinosaur.

Agree with what others are saying re all the national teams playing to the same system, isn't that what Vogts did with Ranier Bohnhof? It is standard everywhere else but alas the SFA are 100 years behind the modern world as we know.

Thank god he is gone, he was a Dinosaur.

Agree with what others are saying re all the national teams playing to the same system, isn't that what Vogts did with Ranier Bohnhof? It is standard everywhere else but alas the SFA are 100 years behind the modern world as we know.

Crazy tho that he is still running u 16 to 19.....effectively all that's happened is him n gemmil have swapped badges. As with everything sfa related arses are covered and accountability is non existent.

Was quite pleased he was gone initially but the fact he's been allowed to step down a level to the u19s is absurd.  Will reserve judgement on Gemmill but I don't think our u19s were exactly pulling up trees under his management (and they certainly won't be doing so now).  Absolute insanity that the SFA would essentially find another gig for him after he's made a complete #### of his former job.  Why would they suppose he'd be any better at coaching 17 year olds than 20 year olds?

Was quite pleased he was gone initially but the fact he's been allowed to step down a level to the u19s is absurd.  Will reserve judgement on Gemmill but I don't think our u19s were exactly pulling up trees under his management (and they certainly won't be doing so now).  Absolute insanity that the SFA would essentially find another gig for him after he's made a complete #### of his former job.  Why would they suppose he'd be any better at coaching 17 year olds than 20 year olds?

This

Archived