Slovakia v Scotland

callum-ayr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only joined the supporters club this summer and was hoping to catch a few of the away games but starting on zero points it seems like it's going to be almost impossible. Does anyone know if there are any games that I'll have a chance of getting tickets for? If not is the only way to build up points to try and get to some friendlies first?

I'll be in Slovakia anyway so I'll see if I can get tickets for the home end, and if not I'll just party with the Slovakians. 

I think the England game might, might just go to zero points if you're lucky. This isn't a great group for people on low points as Slovakia, Slovenia, and Lithuania will probably sell out at 4 points or higher I think.

Yip. Think my dad and I are gonna have to go in the home end for Lithuania and/or Slovenia. Hopefully get a couple of good friendlies between now and then.

It's hard to start a campaign on 0 points and get off the mark.  When I joined I got the England point then 2 more away game friendlies in Norway and Poland that got my off the mark going into the next qualifier, think Germany was my 4th point, missed Poland, Ireland my 5th, Georgia 6th and Gibraltar 7th.  5 of the last 10 away games have went to 0 or something like that.  It's just a shame Slovakia have such a small stadium and the demand from Scotland fans is high.  Reckon we could easily have sold 2 and a half to 3 thousand tickets.

28 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I think the England game might, might just go to zero points if you're lucky. This isn't a great group for people on low points as Slovakia, Slovenia, and Lithuania will probably sell out at 4 points or higher I think.

Yeah I hope to be able to get to the England game, especially as I live in Bristol as it'll be like a "home" game for me. There'll be a big travelling support for that one though so could still be tough to get a ticket but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I only joined the supporters club this summer and was hoping to catch a few of the away games but starting on zero points it seems like it's going to be almost impossible. Does anyone know if there are any games that I'll have a chance of getting tickets for? If not is the only way to build up points to try and get to some friendlies first?

I'll be in Slovakia anyway so I'll see if I can get tickets for the home end, and if not I'll just party with the Slovakians. 

Fair enough you've just joined but the amount of people who moan that they can't get tickets due to being on low points is unreal. Like the poster above said, 5 or so of the past 10 away games have went to 0 points. Either you get lucky with the teams we play stadium wise or you have to work it up by going to shite friendlies away.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Fair enough you've just joined but the amount of people who moan that they can't get tickets due to being on low points is unreal. Like the poster above said, 5 or so of the past 10 away games have went to 0 points. Either you get lucky with the teams we play stadium wise or you have to work it up by going to shite friendlies away.

I don't see the point in people moaning about it, and I'm certainly not, but I was just more wondering how easy it will be to actually start accruing a few points so that eventually I'll be able to get to some of the lower ticket allocation games. I'm a totally newbie to the supporters club so didn't really know how it worked until I joined. If 5 of the last 10 have gone to 0 pointers then that isn't too bad at all but I guess our group this time will make it a little harder to get tickets. I've been to friendlies away in Dublin and the game against Brazil at the Emirates in recent years so those types of games will probably be my best option to get a few points together. I'm still going to enjoy the trip to Slovakia whether I get a ticket or not! 

It'll be harder this campaign also due to the stadia. Tbilisi, Dortmund and Dublin hold significantly more than Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia. Add in the fact 2 are places we've not been to regularly then you will always find it difficult.

This campaign isn't that difficult to start off on 0 points tbh. I joined in April and I'm on 2 from Italy and Malta and will be on 3 after Wembley.

Not enough for Slovakia and extremely unlikely to be enough for Lithuania or Slovenia unless there's a few away friendlies or the campaign is dead by then but still not too bad. 

Archived