Brechin V Airdrie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We showed real fight to win this after being pegged back twice. Nothing wrong with Jacko's goal imo. Hope Buzz makes a speedy recovery after having to come off. Top of the league is a nice bonus . Hard game next weekend. One game at a time , but Dods and co have got us headed in the right direction. Well done everyone.

33 minutes ago, underpar said:

We showed real fight to win this after being pegged back twice. Nothing wrong with Jacko's goal imo. Hope Buzz makes a speedy recovery after having to come off. Top of the league is a nice bonus . Hard game next weekend. One game at a time , but Dods and co have got us headed in the right direction. Well done everyone.

I noticed Steve Campbell having a few rants from the stand today. At one stage Boathy the steward tried to restrain him after a rant at the ref. :lol:

It looks like the extra pair of eyes from the stand is paying dividends . You can only see so much from the side of the pitch. 

5 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The biggest mistake was letting both Crighton and Lithgow leave - two experienced, proven League One defenders who've won promotion before (and will do again this year) - when we knew we were going to have a young inexperienced keeper and full-backs. Instead we went with two young kids at the back, realised they weren't ready, so signed Boateng in desperation and moved Fitz back there in a desperate attempt to get some experience in the back line.

Plenty other mistakes have been made with letting players go/bringing players in, but the total downgrade in centre defence has been by far the most costly.

The real mistake was not having any replacements in mind when they didn't sign. Hence the panicked signing of Boateng and the position we're in now. A basic necessity of squad planning that was fucked up. 

It's been said before but I'll say it again: we can score as many goals as we want, it doesn't matter if we can't defend. 

We really need to bring in a defender but unfortunately we're wasting too many wages on players like Faria, Fitzpatrick, Schmidt, Higgins and Louden. I cannot believe most of these chomps got a 2 year deal.

As I've said before...I really don't understand the rush to be the worst full time team in the country rather than the best part time one.

We're banker team on the 'both teams to score coupon', and that simply isn't good enough. The team we have has no defence, no creativity in midfield and a decent front line. That's not going to win the league. We're toiling to be top four.

The best bit is that there will be happy clappers on here thinking 'what an over reaction!'. Aye? ask any team we've played this season if they'd fear us, not fucking one would. 

Is anyone apart from the insiders enjoying this experiment?

IMO the issue is the style of football we are trying to play. The 'pass it out from the back' ethos has seen us caught out way too often. It's also lead to us sign defenders based on their supposed passing ability instead of their defensive ability. Crichton and Lithgow may not have been he best passers of the the ball but they knew how to clear their lines. They knew how to mark, tackle, and won their fair share of headers. (I know they've left, so this isn't about wanting them back.) Our current pairing don't. And to be honest, their passing ability has turned out to be pretty rank as well. The worrying thing is, I don't think we have the ability within the squad to fix it. We've focussed so much on having a good passing, attacking team that someone made the schoolboy error of forgetting the defence. I Can't actually think of two central defenders within our pool of players who can stop the rot.

There seems to be a bit of a if team mentality coming from the Airdrie fans that fairly diminished when Brechin came out and ripped Airdrie a new one, on the day, City were the hungrier and the sharpest and even appeared to be the fittest, which is a sad reflection on the full time team, IMO city were better organised and showed that they're working as a complete team, Jackson was without doubt the best player on the pitch and his disallowed goal was a baffling decision from the linesman, there were a few bad decisions from the officials but that's nothing new, the plain fact is that city thoroughly deserved the win. And on the plus side I now have a team in the league that I can dislike, as the Airdrie players looked like they thought they were to good to be playing a wee provincial team like City, plus some of the fans seemed to think that they were following real Madrid,  so Airdrie are now my new Cowdenbeath, mind you even Cowdenbeath fans would have acknowledged the fact that City were the better side on the day.

8 minutes ago, citypiehard said:

There seems to be a bit of a if team mentality coming from the Airdrie fans that fairly diminished when Brechin came out and ripped Airdrie a new one, on the day, City were the hungrier and the sharpest and even appeared to be the fittest, which is a sad reflection on the full time team, IMO city were better organised and showed that they're working as a complete team, Jackson was without doubt the best player on the pitch and his disallowed goal was a baffling decision from the linesman, there were a few bad decisions from the officials but that's nothing new, the plain fact is that city thoroughly deserved the win. And on the plus side I now have a team in the league that I can dislike, as the Airdrie players looked like they thought they were to good to be playing a wee provincial team like City, plus some of the fans seemed to think that they were following real Madrid,  so Airdrie are now my new Cowdenbeath, mind you even Cowdenbeath fans would have acknowledged the fact that City were the better side on the day.

I thought I was seeing things a post from Citydiehard that did not slag off Dods then I noticed it was the pieman :lol:

2 hours ago, citypiehard said:

If team mentality? 

Aside from the usual simpleton rambling nonsense all other Airdrie fans seem to acknowledge that we were poor so I'm not sure where the Real Madrid comment comes from. Whatever motivates you I guess. 

Jackson did have a very good game and his battling qualities never gave any peace to the entire back four. I was sure I heard Ally Love, after going 2-1 up, tell his teammates that " this lot's defence are s***, lets f*ing hump them" so we know where the desire to win also came from. Brechin were a better team on the day whilst many of our players looked like individuals. We are also quite light weight in many areas so I don't quite know some brechin fans think their players were hard done by in a physical sense. Did anyone else notice that the Ref had a Red card out after the foul on Conroy but then went in search of the yellow? I suspect there will be no 0-0 games involving Airdrie this season but that could be a whole lot better than the Bollan years

31 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Jackson did have a very good game and his battling qualities never gave any peace to the entire back four. I was sure I heard Ally Love, after going 2-1 up, tell his teammates that " this lot's defence are s***, lets f*ing hump them" so we know where the desire to win also came from. Brechin were a better team on the day whilst many of our players looked like individuals. We are also quite light weight in many areas so I don't quite know some brechin fans think their players were hard done by in a physical sense. Did anyone else notice that the Ref had a Red card out after the foul on Conroy but then went in search of the yellow? I suspect there will be no 0-0 games involving Airdrie this season but that could be a whole lot better than the Bollan years

Bollan has Forfar top of the league with 5 wins out of 5. That would be okay with me. 

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I noticed Steve Campbell having a few rants from the stand today. At one stage Boathy the steward tried to restrain him after a rant at the ref. :lol:

It looks like the extra pair of eyes from the stand is paying dividends . You can only see so much from the side of the pitch. 

Agree . Steve Campbell was a clever move by the club .

8 hours ago, citypiehard said:

What does a player who thinks he's too good to be playing Brechin look like? And what do fans who think they are following Real Madrid look like (didn't notice any white and purple scarves)? Or are you just making this up because you've told yourself that as a full-time team it must be full of prima donnas, and as part-timers Brechin must be the honest hard workers?

I can assure you that any Airdrie fan bothering their arse to go up to Brechin is more than aware they aren't visiting the Bernabeu..

What an astonishingly arrogant post. I like Brechin, and I like vast majority of Brechin fans. Always an enjoyable day out. You unfortunately just prove the point that every club has some arseholes who follow them. On the plus side, we all have a poster that we can dislike!

Archived