Brechin V Airdrie

O'Neill was playing for Brechin today and performed well...

Also if you don't think Watt would improve that Airdrie midfield then you're on another planet. Helped turn our season around last year. Can't believe he's not being utilised more by Livi.

Watt said he wanted to leave, I wouldn't have him at Airdrie.

Midfield to forward we're fine, it's defence which is holding us back.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

O'Neill was playing for Brechin today and performed well...

Also if you don't think Watt would improve that Airdrie midfield then you're on another planet. Helped turn our season around last year. Can't believe he's not being utilised more by Livi.

Beat me to the punch.   Kerr,  you're normally higher calibre than that ;)

2 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Watt said he wanted to leave, I wouldn't have him at Airdrie.

Midfield to forward we're fine, it's defence which is holding us back.

Watt wanted out because he was dropped for a 33y/o who was shite and given x times what he was on.   Thank fuckwit King and the manager for that shitshow.   Kid wanted to play for us and got fucked right up by those pair of muppets.

4 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

Lithgow and Crighton were a disaster last year too and would make no real difference just now imho.  They made the same mistakes the current lot do.    There is simply not enough ballwinning ability throughout the team.    We needed to upgrade at centre back too but thats been fecked up.   Bombscare Boateng is a serious downgrade on everyone.

We've upgraded the passing side of our game with Conroy and Leitch and the finishing with Ryan and Russell but we are so weak defending from midfield and full back areas in particular. 

We lost 1.38 goals per game last season in the league, we're currently losing 2 goals per game. As well as losing a disproportionately high number of goals from set-pieces which we would absolutely not be losing with them in the team. They also scored a fair few goals and would be a far better and more stable influence on the likes of Stewart and Ferguson than Boateng is. For all their flaws, which were discussed plenty last year, we would be significantly better off with them at the back. It's no surprise that Livi moved to sign them and are very likely to win promotion with them. The club let their ideology override League One reality with what they did with our defence, by the time they realised that you do actually need a couple of bruisers at the back in this league to compete it was too late, the good ones were snapped up and we're left with Boateng and Fitzpatrick.

58 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Scottish refereeing at it's best today.  Fucking clowns the lot of them. 

Its not football without the refs making mistakes.Or are they,the refs know the laws but each ref has different interpretation of the laws that's where the fans frustrations lies.We should be like Off the ball and only moan about refs when our team wins.Therefore I think there was only two baffling decisions today 1 was why was Jacksons goal disallowed and 2 the tackle on our keeper was a shocker and the player got away with it.

8 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Its not football without the refs making mistakes.Or are they,the refs know the laws but each ref has different interpretation of the laws that's where the fans frustrations lies.We should be like Off the ball and only moan about refs when our team wins.Therefore I think there was only two baffling decisions today 1 was why was Jacksons goal disallowed and 2 the tackle on our keeper was a shocker and the player got away with it.

Stop greeting your team won and even though i know chris oneil that plays for you he will probarly admit himself he was lucky to stay on the park you could easily have had a couple of red cards.

8 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

What about the bookings we picked up ? .....For exactly the same type of foul committed by Airdrie players in much the same areas of the park .  ONeill had to be subbed as he was becoming more and more frustrated with the inconsistencies. The ref spoiled a really competitive game  and should be marked down for it.   

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What about the bookings we picked up ? .....For exactly the same type of foul committed by Airdrie players in much the same areas of the park .  ONeill had to be subbed as he was becoming more and more frustrated with the inconsistencies. The ref spoiled a really competitive game  and should be marked down for it.   

Aye just like the penalty shove on Ryan be happy your team won. Oneils bad challange wasnt down to the ref.

47 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

We lost 1.38 goals per game last season in the league, we're currently losing 2 goals per game. As well as losing a disproportionately high number of goals from set-pieces which we would absolutely not be losing with them in the team. They also scored a fair few goals and would be a far better and more stable influence on the likes of Stewart and Ferguson than Boateng is. For all their flaws, which were discussed plenty last year, we would be significantly better off with them at the back. It's no surprise that Livi moved to sign them and are very likely to win promotion with them. The club let their ideology override League One reality with what they did with our defence, by the time they realised that you do actually need a couple of bruisers at the back in this league to compete it was too late, the good ones were snapped up and we're left with Boateng and Fitzpatrick.

Pointless us arguing over the small details,  sounds like we're agreed that whomever picked the players is hopeless.

Our keeper is fucking chronic at times. The defence is chronic anytime anyone attacks it. Our midfield is full of attacking ability but absolutely zero dig. Our forwards seem to be doing a decent job though.

Struggling to see why people think we will be up there come the end of the season, we are slow with the ball, we pass the ball side to side far too often and lack any real penetration. Also just because someone is young it doesn't mean that they are exempt from criticism like so many of our fans seem to think is the case

1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

Our keeper is fucking chronic at times. The defence is chronic anytime anyone attacks it. Our midfield is full of attacking ability but absolutely zero dig. Our forwards seem to be doing a decent job though.

Struggling to see why people think we will be up there come the end of the season, we are slow with the ball, we pass the ball side to side far too often and lack any real penetration. Also just because someone is young it doesn't mean that they are exempt from criticism like so many of our fans seem to think is the case

That's what full time football does for you.  Makes ordinary players believe they are superstars. 

There's a lot of greeting about who we signed and who we let go. Remember the 2 centre backs from last year were offered terms and rejected them for more money. Nothing we can do about that. Despite one poster having a bee in his bonnet about them there is no doubt that they were better than what we've got now. 

We are trying to do the right thing but we don't have a decent goalie or defence. Surely Gorman must get another try. Apart from that we are going to have to make do. Going on about clowns signing certain players achieves nothing.

I think circumstances have thrown McBride into the job before he was ready for it. Again no fault to him but we are going to have to live with his inexperience.

last year we were turgid to watch because we made no attempt to attack. This year we are pleasing on the eye going forward and terrible at the back. I actually count this as an improvement and I keep hoping that the defence will get it together.

32 minutes ago, waysider said:

There's a lot of greeting about who we signed and who we let go. Remember the 2 centre backs from last year were offered terms and rejected them for more money. Nothing we can do about that. Despite one poster having a bee in his bonnet about them there is no doubt that they were better than what we've got now. 

We are trying to do the right thing but we don't have a decent goalie or defence. Surely Gorman must get another try. Apart from that we are going to have to make do. Going on about clowns signing certain players achieves nothing.

I think circumstances have thrown McBride into the job before he was ready for it. Again no fault to him but we are going to have to live with his inexperience.

last year we were turgid to watch because we made no attempt to attack. This year we are pleasing on the eye going forward and terrible at the back. I actually count this as an improvement and I keep hoping that the defence will get it together.

I was told lithgow wanted to stay but king offered reduced terms and i believe the chairman wanted him to stay. 

I believe the club have to act we have one of best midfields and possibly the best fwd in the league (andy ryan). The club should show ambition 2 good defenders and we can challange livvy and alloa.

Rovers fans might not like this but their left back kyle turnbull is a very good player and the centre half michael dunlop would be the two players i would love at airdrie. 

This.

The keepers escaping a bit of criticism all too often by having the utter shambles in front of him.

Gorman has been out of favour since his mistake at Motherwell as far as I'm aware but he's the only one in the back line that can talk, the keeper is too quiet, our captain is too quiet. Maybe if the communicated we'd get slightly better.

Archived