Brechin V Airdrie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feeling confident about this one. Have got results this season because our forwards are better than our defence. The OS indicates that injuries and suspension makes it likely that we'll be missing several attackers so it's not looking good. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Biggest test yet league wise for us. We've started very well with 3 wins and a draw so it will be interesting to see how we get on against stronger sides in the next few weeks. Disappointing result in the cup last week but we were missing our two most creative players attacking wise in Trouten and Jackson and boy it showed. It's a shame Trouten is still out but thankfully Jacko will be back for tomorrow.

Also - McCormack in for Rodger please. It's all fine and well performing for 89 minutes but if you're going to cost a goal every game then it's time to be dropped.

10 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Rohan

Higgins, McIntosh, Gorman, Fitz

Stewart Conroy

Daly McLaughlin McDonald 

Ryan

A fan told me at ayr that higgins and loudon are away to cumbernauld on loan found it believable at the time as neither were in the squad last sunday.

I think mcbride will line up

Ferguson

Stewart mcdonald fitz and boetang

Scullion conroy mcintosh daly mclaughlin

Ryan

I believe though if either brown schmidt leitch are fit they will start if all 3 are out i would start.

Ferguson

Stewart mcdonald gorman fitz

Scullion mcintosh conroy leighton mclaughlin

Ryan up top.

I would look to mcintosh and leighton to be the holding midfielders. This would give more of a free role for scullion and connor.

Covered a lot of ground in that particular rant TBM. When you're talking about 2 clowns I assume you are talking about Black and King? If you are going to rant I believe you need to include McBride who must have had a big say in signing of the 2 rantees.

I also believe that the reason we moved Fitz was not because he was no good in midfield. It was because the defence needed strengthening.

Anyway, I think it's too early in the season to be getting too gloomy.

I would hope that mcbride has recruited all the players that have came in since he has been in charge. Mcbride is the manager it should be his decision.

I believe every airdrie fan wanted us to hold on to 3 or 4 expierenced players from last season we may agree and disagree on which players. My reason was for stability.

I dont know if its true about higgins and loudon been sent out on loan. I was told it was to free up money to enable us to sign leitch. Personally i would hope its bs. I seen loudon at stenny and the short time i seen him on the pitch i was impressed. Are loudon and higgins ready yet possibly not.

Joe gorman hasnt started the season well but neither has boetang however i think gorman is a decent player and i would play him beside fitz today. I genuinelly believe with gorman he will come good.

34 minutes ago, waysider said:

Covered a lot of ground in that particular rant TBM. When you're talking about 2 clowns I assume you are talking about Black and King? If you are going to rant I believe you need to include McBride who must have had a big say in signing of the 2 rantees.

I also believe that the reason we moved Fitz was not because he was no good in midfield. It was because the defence needed strengthening.

Anyway, I think it's too early in the season to be getting too gloomy.

Who would you play in defense. King was a journalist and i didnt trust him at all.

5 minutes ago, waysider said:

TBM. Are you in the know? I personally can't believe that McBride wasn't the main man in bringing in the 2 players you were praising so much in your recent post.

Are any of us in the know ?

Facts mcbride has dundee and hibs connections. Possibly boetang was his signing as he was at hibs breifly.

Schmidt i defo believe was his signing based on comments he made when he signed smidct.

Scullion possibly tw and his freinds at hamilton recomended signing him as hes on loan from hamilton.

Archived