Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

Looking forward to welcoming Linfield to palmerston for this last 16 tie.

Very nice to get a different club coming to visit rather than same old teams time and time again.

Surely a game that Queens can progress from into the last 8.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we be looking to beat this mob? Absolutely no idea of the standard to expect.

It's not going to be a pleasant experience but I'm more than happy for the club's coffers to be swelled at the expense of the local knuckle draggers who will inevitably come along.

16 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Should we be looking to beat this mob? Absolutely no idea of the standard to expect.

It's not going to be a pleasant experience but I'm more than happy for the club's coffers to be swelled at the expense of the local knuckle draggers who will inevitably come along.

Rangers put seven past them on saturday in a friendly

52 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Rangers put seven past them on saturday in a friendly

Yeah I realise this.  I'm not going to read too much into a friendly though.  I'd imagine that event was more about the party afterwards than the game itself.

I wouldn't imagine that many visiting fans to be honest.  

Surely it would require a particularly bigoted type of Scot to identify with this lot.  It's hard to know what standard to expect, but I wouldn't have thought they should be outclassing us.  Did they get into Europe this year?  How did they do?

I don't much approve of how this tournament has been arsed about with, but this I suppose has a certain novel appeal.  

It would be nice to put this lot out, but I'd prefer it if we could eliminate their bigger cousins from the bigger Cup.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I wouldn't imagine that many visiting fans to be honest.  

Surely it would require a particularly bigoted type of Scot to identify with this lot.  It's hard to know what standard to expect, but I wouldn't have thought they should be outclassing us.  Did they get into Europe this year?  How did they do?

I don't much approve of how this tournament has been arsed about with, but this I suppose has a certain novel appeal.  

It would be nice to put this lot out, but I'd prefer it if we could eliminate their bigger cousins from the bigger Cup.

There will be loads in the Linfield end and thats just from Dumfries

5 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

There will be loads in the Linfield end and thats just from Dumfries

I really wouldn't think so.

We have too many OF fans in Dumfries, but that has more to do with glory hunting than genuine bigotry.

Our corner of the country is less blighted by sectarian shite than is much of it.

I'd think QotS could be favourites here - Linfield aren't full-time, are they? - but I don't suppose it's by much. As I was saying on another thread, Linfield have the advantage of playing in Europe every season and all the experience that brings; on the other hand over the last decade they have only beaten Faroe Islands opposition.

Appear to have a few recognisable names - Roy Carroll, Sammy Clingan and Kris Bright notably; but after that you're talking a few players who'd (often brief) spells in the lower Football League or at smaller SPL clubs.

Archived