Partick v St Johnstone 10th September 2016

Partick had the upper hand last season over us so a big improvement would be appreciated.

I expect that Doolan will get his usual goal but hopefully we can get a win and keep pushing up the league table. Although after our two very recent shitebag results against Celtic and ICT we could very easily get pumped rotten. Nice to have another striking option so ideally he'll get a run out at some point as Cummins has looked poor recently.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Mind when we used to just win 4-0 at Firhill as standard? Seems a very long time ago. Thistle had us sussed last season and not too confident of that changing here.

I always think of the 0-4 game when it was a roasting hot day and it was packed. Memory is hazy now but was it the last game of the season in 1996/97? I seem to remember John Colquhoun playing and stewards panicking as they thought there was going to be a pitch invasion.

I always think of the 0-4 game when it was a roasting hot day and it was packed. Memory is hazy now but was it the last game of the season in 1996/97? I seem to remember John Colquhoun playing and stewards panicking as they thought there was going to be a pitch invasion.

It wasn't the last game but essentially won the league that day. Secured it against East Fife at home the following week.

Battered Thistle, Colquhoun was playing, we were in the Jackie Husband stand. Fizzy Scott got two I think, Dino with a brilliant free kick and Roddy rounded it off. Bright sunshine in contrast to the midweek 4-0 earlier in the season where there was crazy snow. Happy days.

Murdo McLeod got some good abuse from the Thistle support which rounded it all off nicely.

I have a good feeling about this game. 2-0 Thistle.

Shame there'll only be 2,687* fans to witness it :(

*thanks to the 153 away fans who'll make the effort to come through to Glasgow. 

31 minutes ago, Mad Capsule said:

St Johnstone to win the biggest game in Glasgow this weekend by at least a couple of goals.

I'm afraid the tractors won't be as much of an advantage for you now that Scotstoun has gone synthetic, sorry.

Apparently the Woodside Inn will be open before the match as normal. Not sure about other Maryhill watering holes.

West end should be fine, although there'll be plenty of armchair bigots out for the day :(

Heading along to this, last visit to firhill tho was that 3-0 abomination last season where we conceded every set piece, that may even have been our last visit but can't remember what month it was?

Anyway, is Ando back?

On 6 September 2016 at 15:28, Saigon Raider said:

You won 4 nil at firhill far more recently than that. You beat us 4-0 and 5-1 at firhill when Dick Campbell was in charge of us. The 4-0 game was when there was a collection for the late great Don McVicar and for the charity which looks into funding research against the devastating MND. Don was a guest of the club that day and sadly was to be one of the last times if not last time he was able to visit Firhill. Forfar also held a collection for the charity that day as well at Station park

Hopefully we're back to almost full strength for this, aside from Watson and Scobbie.

Mannus/Clark

Foster - Ando - Joe - Easton

Wotherspoon - Davidson - Millar - Swanson

Cummins - MacLean

Would do me nicely, leaving the likes of Alston, Kane and Gormley to come on when we're inevitably 3-0 down after half an hour.

You won 4 nil at firhill far more recently than that. You beat us 4-0 and 5-1 at firhill when Dick Campbell was in charge of us. The 4-0 game was when there was a collection for the late great Don McVicar and for the charity which looks into funding research against the devastating MND. Don was a guest of the club that day and sadly was to be one of the last times if not last time he was able to visit Firhill. Forfar also held a collection for the charity that day as well at Station park

Beat you 4-0 twice in the 2004/05 season. Campbell in charge for the second game but don't think he was was for first. Second 4-0 essentially made us safe after horrific season under Connolly. Jim Weir possibly in temporary charge by that point. Your season was of course even worse than ours.......

The 5-1 was early in 2006/07 season with Jason Scotland in full flow. Willie McLaren made his debit I think. Not sure who Thistle manager was for that one.

As I say changed days. Be grateful for one goal on Saturday!

My memory of one of those 4-0 games was Adrian Madaschi trying to chase someone back despite the fact he'd pulled his hamstring and then just lying like an upturned turtle once the ball was in the net. Tremendous times.

Guess from reading the press so far is that Barton will play in midfield until one of Devine / Lindsay get injured / suspended / so bad they have to be dropped. Which doesn't improve my fear about our defence.

Archived