Squad face Lithuania & Slovakia next month

3 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

:lol:

Matt Phillips is total gash. Why do you do this everytime there's a Scotland squad and Phillips is rightfully left out? 

1. I don't, but he's a good player.  2. He's not rightfully left out.  3. James Forrest.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rate Matt Phillips quite highly, but it doesn't sit well with me the fact that he's English, but that's another matter.

As others have said despite the inclusion of the likes of Wallace, Greer and McGinn the starting 11 will (hopefully) pick itself, although don't be surprised to see Strachan replace Burke with Forrest.

Starting 11 should be: Marshall - Paterson, R.Martin, Hanley, Robertson - Burke, Fletcher, Bannan, Phillips - Snodgrass - Griffiths

I wouldn't be surprised to see McArthur in the running for a starting place, and I also don't think it's beyond Strachan to replace Paterson with Hutton or Burke with Forrest (although I would be a little dismayed)

I still think our CB pairing is a total car crash, but Martin and Hanley are probably the best of a bad bunch - although maybe Berra in for Martin.

Just now, KingQuerrey said:

You're always going on about Benjamin Netanyahu Matt Philips. Let it go Savage Henry, you're never going to meet him

God damn it.  I can still have hope.  If only Jimmy Saville were still alive.

Some of the comments on the official Sevco Facebook page on their status about Wallace and McKay call ups are hilarious. 

Last year they were seething about getting no international call ups, this year they are seething about getting international call ups. 

Screenshot_2016-09-28-10-43-34.png

Forrest has had a superb start to the season and fully merits his inclusion. The baffling call-up is as ever Strachan's continued obsession with McKay who clearly isn't good enough, but he shouldn't feature at all so it should be fine.

15 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Also, the inclusion of Wallace is baffling when we have Tierney and Robertson in the squad.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Forrest has had a superb start to the season and fully merits his inclusion. The baffling call-up is as ever Strachan's continued obsession with McKay who clearly isn't good enough, but he shouldn't feature at all so it should be fine.

Not baffling as the SFA and WGS are trying to keep the Sevco fans happy. They would accuse him of pro-Sellick bias if there wasn't a Sevco player in his squad. The inclusion of Wallace and McKay should help the sale of tickets.

Forrest has actually looked really decent this season, so I'm not too bothered to have him in the squad. I can't really see the point in having three left backs, unless one of them has been struggling with injury. 

I would have liked to see McCormack called up, but yet again Martin played well against Malta while Fletcher, Griffiths and Naismith are obviously going to be in the squad. 

Strachan quoted by the BBC this morning -

"Lithuania is not a must win game. Winning (in Malta) makes you feel good.

"I have put some thought into the Slovakia game but we're concentrating on the Lithuania game. I know what we'll do against Slovakia as I've watched them in Euros."

Bizarre!

Has he bothered to watch England's game in Slovakia?

Strachan quoted by the BBC this morning -

"Lithuania is not a must win game. Winning (in Malta) makes you feel good.

"I have put some thought into the Slovakia game but we're concentrating on the Lithuania game. I know what we'll do against Slovakia as I've watched them in Euros."

Bizarre!

Has he bothered to watch England's game in Slovakia?

Why do Fuds continue to pick up on stuff like this, managers will literally never say it's a must win unless the outcome genuinely is the deciding factor on qualifying. And I'm guessing he did aye, he should have said because I watched them in the Euros and against England!!!!!! Shocking IMO

Would love to see Strachan play 4-4-2 against Lithuania and try and get some goals but I doubt it.

My team would be:

Marshall

Patterson
Berra
Martin
Robertson

Ritchie
Bannan
MacArthur
Snodgrass

Griffiths
Fletcher

And could then bring in Burke for Griffiths for the Slovakia game.

Disappointed Liam Palmer, Matt Phillips and Ross McCormack have not been called up, especially Palmer as we're struggling for RB's and he's had a solid start to the season.

Would love to see Strachan play 4-4-2 against Lithuania and try and get some goals but I doubt it.

My team would be:

Marshall

Patterson
Berra
Martin
Robertson

Ritchie
Bannan
MacArthur
Snodgrass

Griffiths
Fletcher

And could then bring in Burke for Griffiths for the Slovakia game.

Disappointed Liam Palmer, Matt Phillips and Ross McCormack have not been called up, especially Palmer as we're struggling for RB's and he's had a solid start to the season.

With Snodgrass and Burke in the team they will often act like a second striker like they did in Malta.

If Fletcher is dropping deep or out wide with the ball you'll find Snodgrass waiting in the middle more often that not.

Don't think we'll pump them but we should win. Clean sheet would be brilliant too but I'd sacrifice a clean sheet for a 2-1/3-2 win.

Archived