Alloa vrs Livingston

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

A very obvious pull on his shirt ? Sorry but if there was a pull it wasnt obvious, I was 10 yards away and didn't see any obvious shirt pull, and the ball wasn't even close to being out. As I say I was actually screaming for a foul our way as the defender wasn't looking to play the ball at all, he just tried to usher Cadden off the park.

I will take all that back  and hold my hands up if the highlights show differently.

The penalty you got was far more of a gift, and going from the our players reaction we should've had a penalty minutes later for a very Similar incident.

It was obvious enough from behind the goals but perhaps that was a better angle. Clear foul anyway. 

For what it's worth I thought our penalty was debatable, the defender had no time to move his hands, although you could argue that he shouldn't have had them in that position in the first place. I didn't see the Livingston claim at the far end properly.

If there was a foul just before the second goal then it should have been for Livi. The Alloa guy was trying to shove Cadden off the park. He managed to round him though and play on. It all happened right in front of where I was sitting which was a lot closer than behind the goal right across the pitch. The ball didn't go out of play either.

Does Goodwin get away with persistent fouling like today every week? 

Where do i start...

Worst i've seen us under Jr today nothing went right for us dont know if it was us being bad or livi getting there tactics spot on, thought we started off really well but you have to take chances which we didnt today.

Thought we would have a field day today knowing you had alan lithgow and sean crighton at centre back but i thought the 2 of them plus the other centre half halkett played really well today.

That danny mullen is a diving little dick although having said that what a player he is and i would love to have him in my team.

That was easier than I thought it would be, brilliant first half performance by Livi. Mullen ran the Alloa defence ragged, dear knows how Goodwin gets away with his constant fouling, Mullen was too much of a handful for him so he just rugby tackled him.

Pittman was outstanding again, having a cracking season, and giving Buchanan and Mullen a run for their money as the Livi top goal scorer. Thought Crighton had a blinder too, good driving runs up the pitch as well, really liked our 3 at the back, with Mullin and Cadden running the wings, much better from Cadden today too.

Surprised with Alloa hitting so many high balls up the pitch, our back 3 mopped them up all day long. Best defensive display from Livi yet, gutter for us having the clean sheet spoiled by a dodgy penalty.

Just now, falkirkwasp said:

Where do i start...

Worst i've seen us under Jr today nothing went right for us dont know if it was us being bad or livi getting there tactics spot on, thought we started off really well but you have to take chances which we didnt today.

Thought we would have a field day today knowing you had alan lithgow and sean crighton at centre back but i thought the 2 of them plus the other centre half halkett played really well today.

That danny mullen is a diving little dick although having said that what a player he is and i would love to have him in my team.

Took lessons from Beany when he was at Livi. Showed today he's strong on the ball when he fended off an Alloa defender a couple of times and got into the penalty box, really no need for him going down so easily. He's good at drawing fouls too right enough, like the one that took the pressure off us in the first half when we booted the ball up to him and he got in front of it and just waited for a player to come into the back of him. 

Thought he had a great game today though, did everything except score.

I thought Goodwin got away with a couple in the second half. His reputation goes before him though and he can get opposition fans wound up for very little, something that happened at times yesterday. 

Wasp Killer worked a treat yesterday. 10 wins from 11 though, I don't think we're dead yet. We'll see how effective it is in the weeks and months to come ;)

His reputation goes before him though and he can get opposition fans wound up for very little, something that happened at times yesterday. 

Very much so. The Livi fans were screaming for fouls on several occasions when Goodwin put in fair, if robust challenges.

44 minutes ago, printer said:

Very much so. The Livi fans were screaming for fouls on several occasions when Goodwin put in fair, if robust challenges.

Maybe so but he had enough blatant fouls to be booked about 6 times, but he got off with them all. The rugby tackle on Mullen was as blatant a booking as you can get, he was losing the battle for the ball, tried to fall across Mullen to 'accidentally' block him off, failed to do so and just grabbed him around his waist to bring him down. Did the falling down act into the back of Mullen on the halfway line and got away with it earlier but to actually rugby tackle him and still not get booked is taking the piss. Was a few good challenges and strong shoulder to shoulder pushes but there were a lot of ones that were just cute fouls that old pros do until they get booked, kept getting away with them so why not keep doing it, I blame the ref more than Goodwin for those ones.

Mullen is just as guilty of trying it on with falling down but he's looked a lot stronger in upper body strength this season and needs to stay on his feet more to fight for the ball, he showed yesterday he can do it and gave Goodwin a torrid time.

18 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Where do i start...

Tbf, Alloa just pumped it up the park most of the time, which played right into their hands.

Incredible how much of a player Danny Mullen looks once he's got a run of games and some goals behind him. Long may it continue.

No doubt that Alloa will be a tough proposition for the whole season, I'm curious to see how they shape up away to ourselves.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Tbf, Alloa just pumped it up the park most of the time, which played right into their hands.

Incredible how much of a player Danny Mullen looks once he's got a run of games and some goals behind him. Long may it continue.

No doubt that Alloa will be a tough proposition for the whole season, I'm curious to see how they shape up away to ourselves.

Yep that was really frustrating , it was obvious from the terraces it wasnt working. still we will be back be sure of that !

Maybe so but he had enough blatant fouls to be booked about 6 times, but he got off with them all. The rugby tackle on Mullen was as blatant a booking as you can get, he was losing the battle for the ball, tried to fall across Mullen to 'accidentally' block him off, failed to do so and just grabbed him around his waist to bring him down. Did the falling down act into the back of Mullen on the halfway line and got away with it earlier but to actually rugby tackle him and still not get booked is taking the piss. Was a few good challenges and strong shoulder to shoulder pushes but there were a lot of ones that were just cute fouls that old pros do until they get booked, kept getting away with them so why not keep doing it, I blame the ref more than Goodwin for those ones.

Are you claiming to understand the laws and their application better than a top referee? :unsure:

33 minutes ago, printer said:

Are you claiming to understand the laws and their application better than a top referee? :unsure:

Craig Charleston isn't and never will be a "top referee"

He seems to be the go to man whenever Alloa play Livingston at home and both sets of fans often talk about him after the game. 

Archived