Alloa vrs Livingston

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32088242

this, but just a repeat. The fact we actually kept a clean sheet against you lot with Cole in the team says a lot about how far you've came.

A great Alloa team who just didn't do themselves justice on the day. Livingston stopped them playing very effectively too, it must be said. Painful as that day was, we'll always have the semi-final :).

Looking forward to Saturday. Some good players in the Livingston team and we know all about Buchs in particular. It will be a real challenge, but if Alloa continue on their recent form then we too are capable of causing Livi a lot of problems.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not convinced Hopkin has the ability to read a game and make the necessary changes when things aren't working out. He's done well when teams have come at us but really struggled when we played QP and they played defensively to hit us on the break. Don't think we'll have that problem against Alloa right enough.

This will be an interesting test to see just how good we are against a strong attacking team.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I miss Talbot playing for us, especially when we played Dumbarton.

Anyone heard how Longridge is doing after going off injured against Celtic colts, can see Neill being started at LB if Longridge is out and that isn't good.

Does Neills red card effect first team matches or just development matches? 

On 06/09/2016 at 07:44, Livithegreat said:

Not seen a match thread.

This will be a tough game and hopefully an entertaining game. 

Livi need the win to ensure a gap doesn't start to open up. 

3-1 Livi 

good guess !! we were not at the races today especially first half , losing possesion with silly mistakes cost us , but livi were more up for it! reality check ! 

Excellent 3 points considering we weren't full strength and played a system the players weren't familiar with.

With Longridge injured and Neill suspended it was out of necessity that we went 3 at the back and early door it didn't look to good, we could've been a couple goals behind but we eventually got to grips with the game.

Once the first went in we conpletely took control of the rest of the half, I have no idea what your defender was doing with the 2nd goal, he has tried to usher Cadden off the park, I was actually wanting a foul at first, Cadden has ran around him and taken off while the defender has stood still and claimed for a non existent foul. 

The third goal, WOW, Mikey Miller take a bow, what a strike that is.

2nd half was all about playing the game out, the ref tried to make things interesting but we seen the game out in relative ease despite looking a bit rushed.

I have to say I can see why Alloa have been doing so well, plenty pace up front and will score plenty goals and have done, you won't just go away and its down to us to keep on winning.

Another big game next week, at home to the league leaders for the 2nd game in a row, a win there would be massive, although I did say I'd be happy with 4 points from these two games but having won the game here I may need to change my expectations.

33 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

good guess !! we were not at the races today especially first half , losing possesion with silly mistakes cost us , but livi were more up for it! reality check ! 

Never even put a coupon on :( ah well.

great result for the Lions. 

Wasn't our day today. Flannigan has been brilliant for us and was a big loss, but such are his injury problems that we need to be ready for that. To be fair, we did start very well and had Livingston pinned back in the opening 20 mins. We didn't take advantage, and a wee defensive mistake allowed Livi in for a decent chance which ended up in the side netting. Alloa didn't learn the lesson and fell behind after initially getting away with a shot against the bar. Second goal was a very obvious pull on Taggart's shirt, and apparently there was a question over whether the ball stayed in play. We should have continued and defended it, but this goal was a gift from the officials. Third certainly wasn't, a great effort from distance, and Alloa were 3-0 down, a scoreline which wasn't close to reflecting the pattern of play.

Second half was a bit of a non event with Livingston knowing the game was pretty much won, and Alloa looking pretty ragged. We did have a few chances to get back to 3-2, but never looked that convincing. 

It was a day when little went right for Alloa. Hopefully Flannigan and Marr aren't going to be out for a spell as they are two very important players. Wee test now for the players to see how they respond to a bad day. Credit to Livingston, took the chances when they came along.

Well beaten today. We started OK and the game was lively and pretty even until we lost it for a spell during which Buchs should have scored, Mullen hit the bar and we lost two soft (from our point of view) goals.

Jack Ross went to a back three, but Miller scored a cracking long ranger and the task became even harder.

Second half we did OK, especially when Longridge came on, but Livi were pretty comfortable.

Flannigan was a big miss.

A very obvious pull on his shirt ? Sorry but if there was a pull it wasnt obvious, I was 10 yards away and didn't see any obvious shirt pull, and the ball wasn't even close to being out. As I say I was actually screaming for a foul our way as the defender wasn't looking to play the ball at all, he just tried to usher Cadden off the park.

I will take all that back  and hold my hands up if the highlights show differently.

The penalty you got was far more of a gift, and going from the our players reaction we should've had a penalty minutes later for a very Similar incident.

Not 100% sure there was a pull on the shirt but Alloa completely failed to play to the whistle, which is basic stuff. Second goal was deserved at that point as we had weathered the initial pressure well and had missed two cracking chances beforehand. The third goal was a total corker, best Livi strike I've seen in a long time. Second half was all about seeing out, which I thought we did well. Not sure if it was a penalty, I'd certainly say if the one given was, then we should have had one soon afterwards when the exact same happened. Given the re-jig in formation, it's a mightily impressive result for ourselves and hopefully gives us a big boost going into a tough next few weeks.

Archived