Defence

3 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Our best hopes are the various youngsters down south. It's far too early for them though.

Like who?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LinkinFighter said:

Someone posted a few names before, the likes of Harry Souttar and the boy at Reading.

Truly terrifying

Souttar was dreadful against us for United aswell. Although his "defending" at our win at Tynecastle last season was insane, twice he allowed his man a free header in the six yard box. He's never a centre half.

I'd struggle to trust Hearts fans opinions considering they all said Paterson was better than Hutton

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Souttar was dreadful against us for United aswell. Although his "defending" at our win at Tynecastle last season was insane, twice he allowed his man a free header in the six yard box. He's never a centre half.

I'd struggle to trust Hearts fans opinions considering they all said Paterson was better than Hutton

It certainly makes you think twice when people put forward their club teams players as far better than others in the line up. Hutton is ten times the player that Patterson is sadly. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Scotland back four of Shinnie, Considine, Reynolds and Paterson = Clean sheets and qualification IMO.

With Darren Fletcher out it's a shame Jack is just coming back from injury otherwise there would be no excuse for not playing him.

It certainly makes you think twice when people put forward their club teams players as far better than others in the line up...

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Since Souttar has signed for Hearts he's been one of our most consistant players, as a centre back. I've no interest in him when he was at dundee united, I'm judging him on his performances for my team which is far more relevant as its in the here and now.

I'm not a fan of Paterson and said so in the thread about him and only the second Davidson goal that day was Souttars fault so the parts in bold are utter nonsense. We all know he's only playing for Scotland as our options are limited, I'd personally play Hutton instead if they're both fit.

My first post was of course tongue in cheek but he's been thoroughly decent playing in a better team at the top end of the league, has only just turned 20 and will only get better with the right guidance.

Hope he progresses as does have genuine ability.

Archived